Character
    Artaniss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 39

Dancer/dagger damage very low

Hey guys, I am 34 dancer with daggers now (leveled up H2H) and man it takes forever to kill something. Does damage get better? Do I need to upgrade my daggers? ( lvl 13 knife)? I am just trying to get him to 49 but when running through zones to get to CN and I have to kill something along the way it takes forever lol. Thanks
    (0)

Daggers are kind of low damage, and you don't really get any cool WSes with them until much later. You might want to upgrade your daggers to at least something lv30ish. You could get a pair of mercenary captain's kukris, then sell them as you are done with them. Your skill with daggers is also low now because you've spent the 30 first levels using h2h instead. It'll probably pick up as your skill increases. Also consider eating food.
    (2)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'd even considder lvling up Dagger in zones with Lower Lvl Mobs to start off. (Dunes > Qufim > etc.)
    As your skill rises you could use them in exp really.
    Don't ecpect Decent dammage of a WS until you get Dancing Edge
    (1)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Quote Originally Posted by Eri View Post
    Don't ecpect Decent dammage of a WS until you get Dancing Edge
    This is true. Sadly, dagger WSs were designed with THF in mind. Without Sneak Attack to pump up Viper Bite damage, you're pretty much stuck with Gust Slash.

Although, it could also be the way you're playing the job. DNC is meant to be using and gaining TP constantly. Don't be afraid to use your TP for weapon skills. Don't forget that if you're subbing ninja, you always have utsusemi to keep you alive. Also, Violent Flourish is a wonderful tool for getting utsusemi back up or stopping a hazardous tp move.
    (1)

Character
    Starfish
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 15
    I had the same problem at lower levels with dancer. the lower the level the worse it is. how ever its worth the effort. lvling dager is essential and try always to keep it cap as u can get tp faster. stack any attack or atk food. u can also try sub warrior for berserk i love that in crawler's nest. however the way i mainly played dancer at lower lvls was tanking and healing on easy prey GoV parties, depending on my level offcourse.

it is worth the effort in the end trust me , dancer has B in evasion as well it will be a solid job at 99. just to give u idea my DNC in aby can do 4k eviscrination and 2k skillchain ( by himself ) and about 1/3rd of that outside aby usuallly.
    (0)

Player
    I used Sword+Dagger on DNC for a while, worked fine for me.
    (1)

Character
    Starfish
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 15
    here is a video of my dnc at 99, something to look forward to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B1nb...ature=youtu.be
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I used Sword+Dagger on DNC for a while, worked fine for me.
    Soloing I use *Relevant Dagger and off hand Joyeuse @ 70+* combo does decent DPS and joytoy helps build tp quicker.
    (0)