Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It's being adjusted downwards, yeah. Restraint nerf!
    (2)

i dont know if i should be excited that my post got replied to or completely infuriated because yet again the player base has been completely ignored.

first we get lied to when we were promised more updates over a period of time, that lasted what, 2 months? Which if this was still happening the comment about this job and that job getting priority wouldnt be a complete slap in the face to every other job in the game because we wouldnt be waiting 8-12 months for "our job" to get looked at. Give us more updates regularly at least monthly and this wouldn't be such a problem.

then we constantly get asked for feedback only to have every bit of feedback ignored. not only have we provided endless ideas for what WE want to see but we have commented on this worthless ability since the day it was revealed to us. So i posted this thread just for hopes that somewhere for something this ability would be worth using, but i think as the player base can see we all got our answer straight from the dev team, no this ability has absolutely no use. Will it ever? possibly but most likely at the cost of making something else worthless. and once its made "useful" it will be at the expense of inventory and/or merits. i dont see any other job needing gear to make an ability worth using, though i could be wrong im too angry to give it much thought.

move past this horrible ability. seriously. chalk it up to another SE mistake and lets move forward. new abilities and better enhancements with merits (for useful stuff) please.
    (3)

Character
    Patrik
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    When you say "We plan on adjusting all jobs, but our highest priorities right now are adjusting puppetmaster, corsair, scholar, dragoon, and warrior’s firepower. " do you mean the firepower of:corsair,puppetmaster,dragoon,scholar and warrior" or is the firepower of warrior being adjusted?
    warrior's. it was the only one with a 's, so firepower would be referring to that
    (0)

At least they come in to tell you that they don't care what you're saying. Also, at least your job doesn't suck and you're irritated by useless abilities (see DRK forum).

I guess SAMs better pack up since SCH seems like SE's new favorite job. I understand prioritizing adjustments, but is SCH really higher on that list than PUP and COR? Is DRG higher than PLD and DRK?

After 10 years of utterly failing to balance the jobs, you'd figure they might be open to suggestions and not be so stubborn.
    (2)

Player
    The grammar is ambiguous. the 's could be collective of everything preceding it due to the commas. The 'and warrior' could mean warrior is seperate from the preceding jobs, or it could just be that it was the last noun in the sentence and thus it gets an 'and' and not another comma. But it had both a comma and an 'and'. Just because only Warrior had a 's doesn't man it would be the only one with possession. "I'm going to Jason, Danny and Brian's party." In this case you don't need a possessive 's for all the names just the 'and' and a 's on the final noun means it's possessive for all the preceding nouns, unless my grammarology is failing me.
    (0)

i've seen the other forums. and my comment about their request for feedback and our responses is across the board on all jobs. we get ignored, and we get ignored and....we get ignored. i agree with the statement that they already have decided on what they are going to do regardless of our feedback.

they just need to start being straight forward with us and cut the crap. stop asking for feedback, stop asking for suggestions and stop giving us false hope that we make a difference.
    (2)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    As we have explained before, we hope you understand that Ternary Flourish was implemented with future growth in mind. We plan on strengthening this ability through equipment and merits, and we appreciate your patience as we do so.
    Ok, I admit that I'm not a DNC, but as something that yields insight into how the dev team does its job, this was not a statement that could go ignored, because it's greatly at odds with how the game is actually played. With player inventory constantly as full as it is, and with merits having a category cap, this approach to ability balance just doesn't work. When people see a piece of equipment that enhances some ability that's already been written off as useless, they're less likely to say, "Oh, Ternary Flourish might be good for something now!" and more likely to say, "LOL! /toss" and throw the item in the same mental garbage bin as the ability it enhances. Likewise when people see a merit category for a useless ability, they'll simply mentally narrow down their list of choices by one. The cap makes merit categories a scarce resource and people will not throw them away on sub-optimal choices. Even if by some fluke miraculous event the dev team manages to make a weak ability useful in this fashion, it's still likely to be ignored in favor of abilities that were worth using from the get-go, without an inventory and merit point tax. Bayohne, please tell the dev team these things, because I dread the thought of this same mentality being applied to a job that I actually care about. Thank you.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shibayama View Post
    Ternary flourish should not have been implimented period, especially if it wasn't ready. Last I checked, people don't like playing with things that aren't finished SE...
    It worked for ff14.... oh... wait, no.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Selzak View Post
    At least they come in to tell you that they don't care what you're saying. Also, at least your job doesn't suck and you're irritated by useless abilities (see DRK forum).

I guess SAMs better pack up since SCH seems like SE's new favorite job. I understand prioritizing adjustments, but is SCH really higher on that list than PUP and COR? Is DRG higher than PLD and DRK?

After 10 years of utterly failing to balance the jobs, you'd figure they might be open to suggestions and not be so stubborn.
    Yes, because trying to balance 20 different jobs while adding in new abilities and traits with new content which makes balancing a moving target is soooooo easy, amirite?
    (0)

i dont think people are going to deny the difficultly of balancing jobs, but when you keep giving jobs worthless abilities such as this one that doesnt add any balance at all and ignore the great abilities that would actually be used suggested by everyone on the forums for all the different jobs you got to ask urself if these dev's actually play the game or just have no idea what they are doing.

The thing that makes this ability so bad from the start is the cost of FM (or tp if u want to look at it that way), the recast making the useful flourishes unusable and the shear lack of enhancement that this ability provides.

People complained about bully and it was changed to be better without gear or merits. The same could be done here but even then it still probably wouldnt be enough change to make anyone want to use it.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast