Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Sooo.... Emps?

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    I gotta say I love everyone who is wining about how hard 90-95 stage is for such a minimal reward. It damn well should be. Empyreans are stronger than Relic and Mythic in some instances. In gil alone a relic will cost over 100mil gil and an mythic can cost around 300mil gil. They take a lot more effort. Empyreans on the other hand can be busted out very quickly and easilly.

Why should an Empyrean be better than Mythics and Relics, when they take considerbly less time, gil and/or effort? This is SE's way of leveling the playing field, and making it so it is actually expensive and time consuming to have your ultimate weapon.
    Time consuming isn't fun. It's just time consuming.
    Not everyone has the time to burn on a weapon when there are thousands of other things to do in ffxi or in other games that you can accomplish things much faster and still have the same sense of accomplishment.

Generally, I prefer getting my rewards from Skills, not time consuming elements.
    (0)
    1. True Gamers plays to have fun.
    2. True Gamers don't play to waste time.
    3. True Gamers Aren't wasting time if they enjoy the contents they play while progressing.
    4. Gamers Love to see progression based on time/effort they put into challenges.
    5. Gamers plays for challenging Elements, and Wants more Enjoyable contents.
    6. Gamers don't play for Time Sink Elements, and Don't want A game to be a Chore!
    All Gamers Unite!

Player
    Apparently SE disagrees since everything in this latest patch has been an across the board grind for all.
    (0)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    Apparently SE disagrees since everything in this latest patch has been an across the board grind for all.
    There's content in this game that ISN'T a massive grind? Where?!
    (1)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    A ultimate weapon is ment to be time consuming but in emp case you get to enjoy a very powerful weapon without having it @95. Which is not the case for a majority of the relic/mythic weapons.

Easy mode is over with. However, emp holders can still put out great numbers. You just might not be the best DD @99.
    (0)

Character
    Xynin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    SE did say they were moving away from level 75 content and that 91-99 would be more involved in anything that is done. I would imagine this is just a smaller portion of what will be due for a lvl 99 empyrean weapon.
    (0)
    Nothing like a good melon pie...

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    I gotta say I love everyone who is wining about how hard 90-95 stage is for such a minimal reward. It damn well should be. Empyreans are stronger than Relic and Mythic in some instances. In gil alone a relic will cost over 100mil gil and an mythic can cost around 300mil gil. They take a lot more effort. Empyreans on the other hand can be busted out very quickly and easilly.

Why should an Empyrean be better than Mythics and Relics, when they take considerbly less time, gil and/or effort? This is SE's way of leveling the playing field, and making it so it is actually expensive and time consuming to have your ultimate weapon.
    None should be a pain in the ass grind fest but they all should require some sort of dedication and meaningful challenge. At present mythics(minus the salvage, Einherjar, and assault grinding) are the only weapons that require that dedication and provide you that challenge.

Relics barely give you a challenge. Once you've proven you can find and turn in a handful of currency the only thing stopping you from finishing is supply and your wallet. Having to get access to Northlands and fight certain dynamis NMs was kind of a challenge but that's about as far as it went with it.

Empyreans are even worse. Once you've proven you can kill whatever boss once or twice what's the point in killing it another 40 times? There isn't a point since it's a quest design cop out.

Like I've said a million times before mythics are best in terms of design. Completing the ToAU storyline requires dedication and is a challenge. Obtaining a captain wildcat badge requires dedication and is a challenge. Killing the 3 ToAU beast kings requires dedication and is a challenge. Clearing all Einherjar wings including odin's chamber requires dedication and is a challenge. Defeating the 4 chariots requires dedication and is a challenge. Gathering the trophies off Sarameya, Tinnin and Tyger requires dedication and is a challenge.

It's a little known fact that a small percentage of people who put a game into their console/PC will actually finish it. Don't believe me? If you have steam go open it up and look at the percentage of people who unlock achievements for starting the game versus finishing it. Don't have steam? go look at this year's census. Do you see where I'm going with this? Completing content would have been enough to justify a mythic weapon. Unfortunately development derp'd and decided to make the player collect a billion things so too many people wouldn't finish the quest. Because we all know 40,000 ultimate weapons entering the playerbase in less than a year would totally destroy the game...oh wait...
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Mdk got a silver mirror from a tier II city-VoidWatch btw lol, so HeavyMetalPlate either come from tierII in the new zones don't come from VoidWatch at all.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 09-23-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    mdk got a silver mirror from a tier II city VW btw lol so HMT comes from tierII in new VW or don't come at all.
    what the f*** are you trying to say
    (1)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    @Catsby
    The problem with Mythic Weapons, is that out of the 20 of them maybe 3 or 4 are actually worth the effort involved. Requiring all the NM titles for them is fine and a lot easier than it was back at 75. However, the rest of the requirements are nothing more than a time-sink. I have Captain rank so I've done all 51 Assault Battles. And while most were fun a the time and would be easier now pre-lvl cap, I don't think I'd want to do all 50 again.

As far as empyreans go, I don't know what other requirements would make them "a challenge" or involve "dedication." If you mean requiring NM titles like a mythic, most people will/have beat/beaten Shinryuu simply for the atma/abyssite if not the gear.

There's noting really wrong with the 1500 Heavy Metal Plates for the 95 trial. My only worry is that it's been 4 days since the update and no one has posted finding their location yet. If they're from voidwatch, that's fine. But considering no one has found them yet, or at least posted finding them yet, I would seem this trial will be a rather huge time-sink.
    (1)

The problem with Mythic Weapons, is that out of the 20 of them maybe 3 or 4 are actually worth the effort involved. Requiring all the NM titles for them is fine and a lot easier than it was back at 75. However, the rest of the requirements are nothing more than a time-sink. I have Captain rank so I've done all 51 Assault Battles. And while most were fun a the time and would be easier now pre-lvl cap, I don't think I'd want to do all 50 again.
    Whether or not they are "worth it" is a matter of personal opinion. There are probably people out there with the mythic katana or axe that are perfectly content with them. Yes, I agree with you some of the requirements are time sinks. Collecting a tens of thousands of alexandrite, meaningless. Completing all the assaults again when you already need to play them again for remnants permits and AP, dumb. The point was that by doing everything ToAU related you have experienced everything that the expansion had to offer and far more than an average player. The dumb grindy parts could have easily been replaced with better challenges like breaking mirrors in zones that had them, clearing Ashu Talif, clearing some ISNMs, and unlocking the jobs that came with the expansion.

As far as empyreans go, I don't know what other requirements would make them "a challenge" or involve "dedication." If you mean requiring NM titles like a mythic, most people will/have beat/beaten Shinryuu simply for the atma/abyssite if not the gear.
    Well the first problem is ToM. Yes it's good that there are a ton of reward paths you can take but ToM as a whole is a platform for lazy development. If empyrean weapons were just separated from ToM and put into proper quests it could work out a lot better. Let's look at what you are do now to get an empyrean to 85;

1)kill low level NM 3 times
    2)kill low level NM 3 times
    3)kill low level NM 3 times
    4)kill low level NM 4 times
    5)kill low level NM 4 times
    6)kill low level NM 4 times
    7)kill T1 VNM 6 times
    8)kill T1 VNM 6 times
    9)kill gray path T1 VNM 8 times
    10) Turn in 50 Visions boss trophies
    11) Turn in 50 Heroes boss trophies

That's a whole shit ton of meaningless redundancies. You can't tell me you actually enjoyed standing in some deadend zone waiting for your lottery NM when you could have been doing quests/content that would grant you immediate rewards and ultimately gain you an empyrean weapon. Quests/content like;

1)Obtaining a colored abyssite
    2)Defeating Yilbegan
    3)defeating Dawon
    4)Clearing Walk of Echos( confluxes up to that release)
    5)Defeating all Visions bosses
    6)Gaining hero status in Visions zones
    7)Defeating all Scars bosses
    8)Gaining hero status in Scars zones
    9)Winning bastion defensives in all Scars zones
    10)Obtaining 60 Atmas
    11)Obtaining all 6 demilune abysites

There's noting really wrong with the 1500 Heavy Metal Plates for the 95 trial. My only worry is that it's been 4 days since the update and no one has posted finding their location yet. If they're from voidwatch, that's fine. But considering no one has found them yet, or at least posted finding them yet, I would seem this trial will be a rather huge time-sink.
    Perspective. There is plenty wrong with making a dumb new item that drops somewhere and saying "yeah collect 1,500 of these and be thankful we didn't make it 30,000 like alexandrite". Another problem is that this 1500 turn in shouldn't even be a surprise since the test server has been out for weeks. Why the flying fnck didn't anybody notice this earlier?
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast