Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Chamaan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Why not have it just give Lights Day bonus? Then it'd be useful for cures, Banish, Holy, Light Shot, Luminohelix.
    (0)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Healer's roll is even more useless than before.
    (3)

Dearest corsairs,

Just wanted to deliver some feedback that was being discussed on the Japanese forums in regards to Quick Draw and Rolls.

Personally, I would like to focus on Phantom Roll + Quick Draw + Weapon Skills.
    (With the current system for Phantom Roll)
    What is currently severely lacking is the number of charges for Quick Draw.
    I would like this adjusted so that it would be possible to pull off something like the following rotation: Roll→2 Draws → Roll → 2 Draws…→Weapon Skill → Roll…
    As such, I would like the number of charges for Quick Draw to be increased to about 6.
    Increasing the number of charges will lead to an increase in damage dealt over the same time span, so this is something we have to look into very carefully.

Since Quick Draw is an ability, it can be used quickly and there is not much down time, which means that it is more convenient than ranged attacks and it is possible to deal as much damage as a weapon skill, based on how it is used. If the number of charges is simply increased, corsairs would have more attacking power than rangers.

If we do end up increasing the number of charges, we would have to nerf its effects to maintain balance. Whether or not it would be worth nerfing the effects to increase the number of charges is an issue that we are investigating with the help of your feedback.

In addition, we plan on adding enfeebling effects to Quick Draw in the enfeebling spell adjustments we have planned, so please look forward to these changes as well.
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Slayerofgods
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm really fine with 2 Charges and the actual recast of Quick Draw as well... I don't want more charges for a less power Quick Draw.

If there is some down time between Quick Draw, just use Triple Shot and do some regular shoot (even with Steel Bullet to save some gils and maybe Courser's roll to shoot quickly)
    (2)

Player
    I like how Camate is staring to shy away from using cold and intimidating developer lingo like "Blah blah blah deeply apologize for any inconvenience" or using ambiguous words like "adjust" and is starting to use words like nerf. Rather hear him tell it to us straight than sugar coat it with vague ambivalence.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In addition, we plan on adding enfeebling effects to Quick Draw in the enfeebling spell adjustments we have planned, so please look forward to these changes as well.
    Sigh, give with one hand, take with the other.

Stop giving other jobs RDM's spell line.
    (3)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    If we do end up increasing the number of charges, we would have to nerf its effects to maintain balance. Whether or not it would be worth nerfing the effects to increase the number of charges is an issue that we are investigating with the help of your feedback.
    Would it be possible to have some job trait, gear or ability that made it so that getting an 11 roll would increase the charges of Quick Draw without nerfing the effects? If this would be too powerful, perhaps the if it is a job ability or piece of gear (but not a passive trait) it can also "risk" a Quick Draw charge in the case of a bust? I think this would be an interesting way to add a way to get more Quick Draw charges without nerfing the effects of Quick Draw.
    (5)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah seriously, wtf Devs? No love for RDM but apparently you can take the time to add Debuffs to CORs. I'm not offended at all that CORs get cool buffs; they are pirates and pirates are awesome. Gun debuffs sound awesome.

BUT I'm still offended that RDM has been trash since Aby came out and you have done nothing about it. I really am starting to lack the ability to converse in a civilized manner because you are just straight ignoring all of RDMs problems and not giving us any updates to keep us confrontational and guessing. I apologize that this becoming more and more of an egregious situation but you aren't doing anything to defuse it. A lot of us have the distinct impression that you are slowly phasing RDM out completely and will just leave it a pile of trash. All of what we are good at will be split up between COR, BLU, and SCH. You give us the distinct impression we will have no relevant future because you have left our problems unsolved for such an extensive period of time and respond to our questions with half answers and no new relevant information. You are doing us a disservice.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Get this Red Mage garbage the hell out of my Corsair forums.

No one here gives a shit.
    (8)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Chamaan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I don't want enfeebles on QD shots unless it's a second JA that makes the next QD give an enfeeble. There are a few situations where you don't want to give any debuffs to a mob, most specifically any time you're facing a Wamoura.

And lowering the damage on QDs just to give us 6 (because of the Hexagun?) shots is ridiculous. All it does is add to the cost and inventory requirements of the job. Give us Recycle already.

You said you wanted to fiddle with new merits. How about a merit that adds more QDs but makes the recast longer?

Or up QD to 3 shots and add a merited trait that gives a certain % of refilling QD charges every time you fire.

How about a stance that gives you 6 QD charges, lowers QD recharge to 30s (20 with full recast merits), and a whole ton of -snapshot so QD is the only way to build TP besides Tact Roll. That way we can go full on magic DD and kill ourselves the way stupid BLMs do.
    (0)
    Last edited by Chamaan; 01-19-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast