Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Cosign. Any news on this? It's been close to a year now with no word on the status of this.

Chaos Roll is already %-based...
    I'll take your word on this and stand corrected.

On Choral Roll, I have no real idea how to change this to fit the theme of Bards. I understand where S-E was going originally since Bards aren't likely to get interrupted casting songs. This doesn't really fit as a roll, though, for the reasons I mentioned previously. Increasing resistance to Silence doesn't sound any more useful to me than Spell Interruption down. The only material change I can think of that fits the Bard theme is increased resistance to any enfeebling effect (let me know if there's a roll that does that already. I can't think of any right now).
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Can we get some clarification on the wording here? It sounds like this is something you'd have to apply to the people who are bleeding all over the floor, rather than something you can just apply to the White Mage in the back lines.

With that and the cure potency cap, I'm concerned that Healer's Roll may become utterly redundant and impractical. At least with the MP recovery effect it had some niche use.
    The BG translation of the original JP post had it reading the same as that new equipment that was added in the past update or two with "Enhances received Cure potency", which just adds to the caster's Cure Potency when casting on a target with the effect on - if that makes sense.

So, assuming they're staying consistent, this is indeed a roll that would be put on the Melee rather than the mages, and unfortunately seems to directly conflict with the caster's Cure Potency stat. So, say, if you have 30% Cure Potency on WHM and your Monk has a 20% Healer's Roll on, your Cures will affect him as if you were casting with 50% Potency (Additive) rather than 56% Potency (Multiplicative). Likewise, since this trait just adds to the caster's Cure potency, it is subject to the Cure Potency cap and is thus 100% useless when your mage has +50% Cure Potency already.

This is assuming that the roll stays consistent with previous gear of the same description. I'd be extremely disappointed if this was the case, but we'll have to wait and find out.
    (2)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I forget where I saw it, but there was talk about the cure potency system being reworked. I assume this means the 50% cap (which is BS to begin with) will be abolished.
    (0)

I thought that was in reference to how MND and Healing Magic Skill affected the end result of Cures in order to nerf them from subjobs or something like that, but I'd honestly love to be corrected if I'm wrong on that point.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    I forget where I saw it, but there was talk about the cure potency system being reworked. I assume this means the 50% cap (which is BS to begin with) will be abolished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I thought that was in reference to how MND and Healing Magic Skill affected the end result of Cures in order to nerf them from subjobs or something like that, but I'd honestly love to be corrected if I'm wrong on that point.
    There is a thread discussing the cure formula changes, and it refers to what the community reps have said:

Abolishing the cap on gear potency would be a completely terrible idea for a variety of self-evident reasons I do not currently wish to explain, but I believe SE said something a long while back about this not happening. I also believe that SE wasn't going to nerf cures for subjob users. For more information there is a thread floating around on the forums about discussing the changes SE talked about, complete with a few quotes from SE's statements regarding the matter, but for your convenience I'll repost the relevant quotation here:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    So one possibility we’re considering is increasing the influence of the healing skill and MND, as well as increasing the HP recovery amount more than it is currently.

We believe this would involve making adjustments to jobs that have healing skill to improve the amount of HP recovered, but due to the fact that we will also be implementing cure potency equipment, implementing this aspect is simply one issue under consideration.

With that said our goal is not to make it so a certain job’s advantages are given to other jobs so they are able to do the same thing, instead we would like to look into how we can keep each job’s specialties intact and create ways that they can support other jobs.
    There was more said, and you can click the links if you want to read more, but this is basically the important part for this discussion.

I think what people are asking for is for the COR buff to function like SCH's buffs to heals in that they are multiplicative and ignore the potency caps, which is understandable and agreeable, but potentially overpowering. Personally, I'm not firmly sitting on either side of this at this time, but I understand if SE happens to be weary of balance issues related to this, especially if we're still to see the change to cure formulas (that hopefully makes Healing Magic skill more useful).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    One question about the new Gallant's roll. Are the values a flat amount of -DT (like phalanx) or a percentage (like -DT gear)?
    The damage reduction from Gallant's Roll is not a percentage, the reduction value is the number itself. (Maximum 30 damage)
    In case you didn't know, you can stack this with Phalanx making it possible to increase the amount of damage reduced.

In regards to those of you asking about a third roll, we haven't solidified a specific adjustment timing so I don't have any new information for you guys at the moment. But when I do, you bet I'll be giving you guys an update!
    (6)

Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    The damage reduction from Gallant's Roll is not a percentage, the reduction value is the number itself. (Maximum 30 damage)
    In case you didn't know, you can stack this with Phalanx making it possible to increase the amount of damage reduced.

In regards to those of you asking about a third roll, we haven't solidified a specific adjustment timing so I don't have any new information for you guys at the moment. But when I do, you bet I'll be giving you guys an update!
    Thanks for clarifying. i suspected as much. Nice to know it will stack with phalanx and should also not count towards any gear related -DT cap.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    AE all the mobs!
    (0)

Greetings all

I have some additional info on corsair adjustments based on some questions from the Japanese forum to share with you all.

Though Drachen Roll gives magic attack bonus to pets, this does not affect wyvern’s attack breath, and in the case of battles that are dependent on a pet’s magic attack, a dragoon will not be in the party for the bonus.
    In order to allow for better use of the job bonuses, we are currently looking into swapping the stats on Drachen Roll and Puppet Roll. We are making preparations so that this can be implemented onto the test server along with the other roll adjustments.

[Pre-adjustment]
    Drachen Roll: Enhances pet magic attack and magic accuracy
    Puppet Roll: Enhances pet accuracy

[Post-adjustment]
    Drachen Roll: Enhances pet accuracy
    Puppet Roll: Enhances pet magic attack and magic accuracy

Would it be possible to edit the effect of Blitzer’s Roll?
    Currently, if you cast Blitzer’s Roll, the amount of TP gained is reduced and if attackers use store TP it’s not really possible to get the full benefit. Could you edit this so that the effect does not affect TP gain and reduces attack delay like Haste and March?
    The effect of Blitzer’s Roll is the same as Martial Arts as it reduces the attack duration, so the amount of TP gained is affected. We do not plan on changing the effect to make it similar to Haste/March as these spells have an influence on magic.

Can you make it possible to cast rolls on a single party member? It could have a 15 second recast and no Double-up possibility. If we had this, it would make it possible to use all of the hard to use pet rolls, etc. It would also be possible to put the new Gallant’s Roll on the tank only.
    In regards to single target rolls, I will address this and the concept of corsair as a set.

Corsairs have the ability to support party members with their rolls similar to bards; however, while bards spend most of their time during battle supporting party members with songs, corsairs don’t spend the same amount of time on support and were made to have a surplus of time so they can attack. This is why the effect duration and recast time on rolls have been set to be longer than songs.

While it is definitely possible to look into single target effects in order to effectively use rolls, the functionality of corsair would most likely be largely changed due to the increased frequency of roll usage, so we would like to continue to look into this while carefully considering whether it is really appropriate for the corsair style that we envisioned.

The enhanced cure potency for cures received is good with waltzes too, right?
    Unfortunately the effect from Healer’s Roll will not enhance the potency of waltzes.
    While they are similar effects, the stats are separate and this is the roll for white mages.
    (0)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Valkrist
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 4
    For the new Healer's Roll, are we getting potency that can go past the 50% potency cap?
    (3)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast