Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    This is why I farmed for every possible item that could be used after finding a few of the possible items.
    It meant that I had the item on me as soon as I loged in after the update.

Its like the prices of some of the item in this game are crazy.
    But there will sink like a Galka with lead shoes in no time.

You just need to be pacenet, it will happen.
    And there is more than one place to get the Magicked Skull, this include the inner Horutoto Ruins, or outter can't rember which.
    (0)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Why don't you just continue doing what you were doing last week, then wait for the congestion to clear up, before trying again?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Michae View Post
    hahaha you are obviously new if you whine about something as silly as this. go back a few years and try to get the joytoy (or a multitude of other things)
    You think a car crash is bad? You should have seen that one train accident a few years ago!

I wonder why people think congestion for things that wouldn't have to be congested is fine.

Regardless, I didn't really notice a lot of congestion. There was at most one other person in the zone where I was looking for my item, and my item dropped off the third mob i killed.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-21-2011 at 11:35 AM.

4. 09-21-2011 01:01 PM
    Reason
    Triple post, my computer freaked out >.>

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    You think a car crash is bad? You should have seen that one train accident a few years ago!

I wonder why people think congestion for things that wouldn't have to be congested is fine
    He was illustrating that today's problem is nothing. Its more like comparing a bee sting to a train wreck.
    Anyone remember when Diabolos was released?

Edit: Also, probably not a good idea to insult SE in your thread titles if you want to be taken seriously instead of looking like a gibberer.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shadowsong; 09-21-2011 at 01:17 PM.

6. 09-21-2011 01:09 PM

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Fact is SE does these quests with no real thought what so ever. Look at the other limit quests, they actually made some sort of sense. It was part of learning your job.
    These limit quests are just random (just do this guys). At this point there really shouldn't be any limit quests, they just there to make you have to waste time. No other reason.
    There was zero thought behind this quest it was just thrown out there. Quests are pure laziness.
    (2)

Player
    xbobx Speak the Truth!
    (0)

Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    LB1 - Farm 3 rare ex items
    LB2 - Kill 3 NM
    LB3 - Collect 3 Key Items
    LB4 - Collect 4 KS and Trade them to the NPC from the description
    LB5 - Fight Maat
    LB6 - Trade 5 KS and 3 Merits
    LB7 - Trade 5 KC and 4 Merits
    LB8 - Trade 10 KC and 5 Merits
    LB9 - Trade 1 KC, 1 Random item and 10 Merits

So out of all the LB quest only one relay about learning your job.
    The rest is about collecting items.

The story in the quest is still on track.
    And that is all about surpassing your own limits.
    (1)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Dude... just be fricking glad not EVERYONE had to get a magicked skull. At least it was random so there were not 100 people trying to get them all at the same time. My husband had to get a faded crystal, which means he didn't have to farm anything, which in turns kept him from having to compete with anyone at any point. Before you gripe about how HARD it is to run to gusgen freaking mines to get an easy drop item, think of what could have been and realize you dodged a bullet because SE tried to FIX the congestion by making the item random.
    (0)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Khiinroye
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If only there were some sort of test server from which people could find the information on the quest before it was released. People could have posted this information on various ffxi-related forums, and we could have farmed the possible items a night or two before the update instead of sitting in Jeuno twiddling our thumbs. We'd be able to log on and do the quest immediately instead of having to deal with all the congestion.
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiinroye View Post
    If only there were some sort of test server from which people could find the information on the quest before it was released. People could have posted this information on various ffxi-related forums, and we could have farmed the possible items a night or two before the update instead of sitting in Jeuno twiddling our thumbs. We'd be able to log on and do the quest immediately instead of having to deal with all the congestion.
    Lol, I see what you did thar.

That aside, I got lucky for a Dangruf stone. Sped up my level cap nice and easy. It could have been like Sunsand, where you had to wait for dust storms, or it could have been as easy as a Faded Crystal or Dangruf stone. Random item hunting is random, but be thankful it's split among multiple items rather than just one. Complain less.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast