Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I was disappointed in the last few updates when all the new scrolls were NPC sold. I'm equally disappointed now with having the new spells randomly drop from event battles. Whatever happened to quests in this game? SE seems to have thrown away that part of FFXI.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    Simple solution: Do the events that drop the items you so desperately desire.

I agree, SE is going back to the "old FFXI ways" which is NOT a bad thing at all. I believe the "spoon-fed" mentality has been drawn out too much already; for such a long time SE has "given" newly added, highly desirable, items to players--and no one complained...now that SE is recognizing the newer content isn't being utilized as much as it probably should... those highly desired items are being placed in this newer content (makes sense to meeee)... so folks should really stop complaining and just participate.
    I disagree, All they are doing is giving gil-sellers a new source of income. I've been blm sense NA release, and I remember having to farm all of my spells... and it took a LONG LONG LONG time to get them all. I was thrilled when I say the new magic on a NPC because I finally didn't have to waste DAYS of my life farming something I needed. I am sorely disappointed in SE on this.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    Feel the need to add these days, I am not a spoon fed abyssea player. It took me 18 months of dyna to get my black mage hat, and 3 years of dyna to get red mage hat. I did 18 month of einherjar and never saw an adaberk, although I was 3rd in points for the last 6 months, etc etc. I never had to wait weeks or months for a scroll though.
    There are a lot of us just like you Sirri! and you're very right about the time it takes to get things in this game. Its obnoxious that SE did what they did, but then again there have been many things similar to this over the almost decade now. Very sad if you ask me. very sad.
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokithor View Post
    I was disappointed in the last few updates when all the new scrolls were NPC sold. I'm equally disappointed now with having the new spells randomly drop from event battles. Whatever happened to quests in this game? SE seems to have thrown away that part of FFXI.

I actually would have prefferd a long, annoying quest then to have to choose to spend days trying for a VERY SMALL CHANCE at a new scroll, or be stupid and spend 2-3 mil for a damn scroll because some greedy basterd got lucky and plants it on AH for unreasonable prices.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Rajas ring is as outdated as Tamas ring at this point.
    -_-....

Character
    Ikillshy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I've been farming Blizzaja , Comet, and Thunder V nonstop for 5 days with 2 dif chars on 4 dif jobs no drops. Friend of mine got 2 Thunder V in hours and Comet. If I haven't got a drop within a week I'll know that the ffxi coding is screwed up as usual and SE will be losing another $14.95 per month. Been fun but enough is enough.
    (0)

I swear sometimes S-E listens to the wrong people when designing updates. There was absolutely NO reason for this to be done. The only people complaining about scrolls being so readily available to mages were the profiteers. There's no way in the world I'm paying 2 million gil for any of these spells.
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Joleen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'm just glad these spells (and the other ones for my other jobs) aren't needed for procs, are pretty "meh" (the rdm one comes to mind), or i have replacement spells (there's other elements i can toss at meanies)......i'm not too upset but yeah, the drop rate sounds to be a bit low.
    (0)
    The Doctor Said I Wouldn't Have So Many Nosebleeds If I Kept My Finger Outta There

Character
    Darksol
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    The (very reasonable) idea that the search for these new spells could have been a long-winded quest for a rare/ex reward completely invalidates any excuse for making the new spells into what amounts to a bunch of BCNM drops. I've despised those things since this game's inception, and can recall numerous periods of play where I was reduced to searching for something PRODUCTIVE to do with my time. I'm not sure what the general opinion is for other players, but I get much more of a sense of satisfaction by going on a quest that yields a guaranteed reward than wasting months of my life trying to snare a .02% drop item. I'm of the opinion that none of the spells in this game are worth more than 4 figure amounts, not a single one of them. Reflect on the fact that enemies can resist, immunize, reflect, or otherwise withstand ANY attack we as players can dish out and you'll see my point. It's highly doubtful that any of these new spells can obliterate an enemy of equal level with a single casting. And even if they could they would STILL not be worth more than 4 figures.
    (1)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    The question is that why should magic/dice users be at the mercy of other players to use job updates when DD jobs don't. I don't think being able to do the newly added functions of my job within a month of the update (I still don't have them) counts as me being a lazy player expecting to get "spoon fed"...

"Because DD jobs need to spend their money on gil!" is a popular counterargument.

Right. I completely forgot I didn't need any expensive gear to function as a job that uses spells.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 11-06-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibayama View Post
    The question is that why should magic/dice users be at the mercy of other players to use job updates when DD jobs don't. I don't think being able to do the newly added functions of my job within a month of the update (I still don't have them) counts as me being a lazy player expecting to get "spoon fed"...

"Because DD jobs need to spend their money on gil!" is a popular counterargument.

Right. I completely forgot I didn't need any expensive gear to function as a job that uses spells.
    It's not just magic casters, there is plenty of others who suffer a worst fate than paying for a scroll ones.

Hi Ninja, Beastmaster, Ranger and so on.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast