"What if" there were 6 new Elemental avatars.

Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Lightning, Water, Light, and Dark

I was sitting here thinking about the 2 new Avatars and wondering...
    When if ever are we going to see some new Mid-grade Elemental Avatars?

some names that came to mind were:
    Golem, Stone Golem/ frame
    Sylph, Farrie frame
    Siren, Harpy Frame/Lamia frame??
    Shoat, Razor Frame/Tauri Frame

Just throwing an idea out there for us Summoners to talk about.

I know we have Odin, and Alexander.
    but the two are restricted to special usage.

I did not say anything about Ultima or Omega, because like Bahamut they seem
    special and should be toned down for player use.

Maybe "Man Made Summons" as a plot twist. summons that are created by
    a Windurstian... Hmm

The idea isnt fully thought trough, this is just a thought.
    (0)
    Cyrusskorrey the "Paragon of Galka Excellence"

Player
    Or what if, (and bear with me here SE, I know you may not get this at first but stick with it) what if they actually made the current elemental avatars balanced and relevant again?

It's a shocking proposal I know, fixing what already exists rather than adding more broken content on top of it. Now I know you don't have a lot of experience at this SE, but I think that if you put 2...maybe 3 monkeys together in a room they can probably do a better job of it than you have the last 8 years.

I'm against adding anything to summoner until they fix two major issues.

1.) Balance the content SMN already has, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP NERFING EVERY MAGE JOB BECAUSE YOU'RE SCARED OF THEM BEING POWERFUL!

2.) Stop, stop stop please for eff's sake STOP adding spells and abilities for jobs like SMN and BLU and...SMN... that require people to finish a ENTIRE EXPANSION just to get their new abilities when every other job gets them just for leveling up or using a scroll.

In typical SE fashion, they have no clue how their own freaking classes actually play compared to how they think they play. Forcing people to finish entire expansions to get new avatars is not engaging or compelling storyline, and adding more broken things on top of the already broken things is not going to fix SMN.

Just once I'd like to see a dev that played summoner on a server where getting new avatars isn't a GM command...
    (4)

Actually, the only scrolls a SMN gets are the Spirit Pacts, otherwise to gain an Avatar's power, you must fight them and win, this has always been the case with SMN in many of the other Final Fantasies. As for having to finish entire expansions, well what's wrong with that, just because you don't like the story or you think it takes up too much time, well that's just your opinion. Gaining new power for a SMN isn't always easy, but it's well worth it. Besides, most things wouldn't make sense if you were handed, let's say, Alexander and Odin on a silver platter. ToAU had the story that went along with them, and it makes complete sense to be able to fight them after you completed the story. I agree SMN needs to get a power boost, but then again, SMN is one of my favorite jobs, and I've had no problem with it (I'm actually one of the few people that went through the hardships of leveling SMN way before level sync came out). In my opinion, boosting the power of the Astral Flow attacks would be nice, but I'm sure SE is working on some kind of new attacks the Avatars can use closer to 99, just have patience and enjoy the game for now. Really, it's only a game.
    (0)
    S to the M

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrusskorrey View Post
    When if ever are we going to see some new Mid-grade Elemental Avatars?
    How about a big "no"? >_>
    Running out of macro space! :P
    Too many options.
    Instead of adding 200000 new avatars they should just rebalance the current ones, imho.
    I'll be happy enough with the coming Cait Sith and Atomos.

No more avatars after those plz.
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Razushu
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    How about a big "no"? >_>
    Running out of macro space! :P
    Too many options.
    Instead of adding 200000 new avatars they should just rebalance the current ones, imho.
    I'll be happy enough with the coming Cait Sith and Atomos.

No more avatars after those plz.
    100% agree with you, especially on the macros point. I still haven't figured how I'm going to fit Cait Sith into my macro build, that darn cat is really gonna screw it up for me lol.
    (0)

Summoner [suhm-uhn-er]

1. Mystics who conjure avatars to fight by their sides, then sit back and enjoy the show while paying close attention to their MP as their minions deliver devastating blows to adversaries and provide aid to allies.
    2. Not a melee

Character
    Vangoh
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Even though this whole idea of mid-grade avatars or whatever you wanna call them sounds kinda fun and cool I don't think that will work out very good. Because...

1) We already have 1 middle powered avatar and is called Carbuncle, notice how much he sucks at DDing? Even his normal attacks suck ass compared to celestial avatars.

2) Why use another avatar weaker than Carby? He is mp free.

3) Not really very relevant but there is a next lvl of power after Carby and it's Fenrir, he's stronger than Carby but still...weaker than the celestial avatars and the damage is noticeable.

4) At this point all avatars are MP free with the right gear and I'm not talking about nirvana bull-shiz. Emperyal relic and trial staffs fully upgraded will give you any avatar free of mp WITHOUT using avatar's favor...yes it's a pain in the ass to get them but they are worth it and you'll have a top damage avatar fighting along you instead of a weak "mid-level" avatar that would probably not do any blood pacts.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to flame you or anything just throwing out the solution for your suggestion to an unnecessary game content. I agree with the rest that they should first fix SMN before adding anything new.
    (0)

Character
    Erecia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Scoff scoff logical arguments. Avatars are cool. I want me some Sirin or Phoenix.
    (0)

I see your points and i agree about balancing out the current ones. thank you for your comments.
    (0)
    Cyrusskorrey the "Paragon of Galka Excellence"