Thread: Gun Ninjas!?

Character
    Yawaru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90

Gun Ninjas!?

Obviously not as popular as bow SAMs, which aren't terribly popular anyway, but I do think it's worth mentioning. Now it seems to me they gave Guns to NIN for the same reason they gave bows to SAM, more of a historical nod than an actual gameplay option. Now I know there are a lot of people that say "If it's not better than current WS/build then there's no point in adding it." I disagree. I wouldn't use it for tanking, but for having fun, which is what a game is meant to be, I might play around with it.

For this to be viable though, there would need to be a few changes.
    - NIN would need to be on more guns (matchlock rifles!)
    - NIN needs more ammo choices
    - NIN should get some native marksmanship WS (Namely Slug Shot, Detonator and Numbing Shot plus some low level WSs)
    - Maybe have Sange apply to guns too
    - Maybe up Marksmanship skill to a B or so

Again, I know it wouldn't improve NIN's current abilities but it would make it more versatile and give another play option for fun.
    (4)

Why not improve throwing first instead? You know, the ranged skill you've got A-rank in.
    (9)

Character
    Nakts
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    aye maybe add some throwing ws's?
    (8)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Back in the 30's I would do more dmg nin with a gun then the rngs.
    (1)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Throwing for nin needs more incentive than just sange.
    (3)

Character
    Ogrebattle
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    I had a suggestion in the 'feedback' section of the forum, but I think it'd apply here

Add in a stance that enhances Ninja ranged attacks.

Level 10 stance "Kasumi":
    Wield only one katana, leaving your other hand free for quick throwing and fast drawing. Delay reduction can be about equal to what you get from Dual Wield.
    The stance can also give +10 ranged accuracy and a bonus to Agility over levels (like how Hasso boosts samurai's accuracy and strength)

Level 20 ability: Shuriken Jutsu
    activated ability only usable when in 1h stance: your next katana weapon skill will be delivered with a ranged attack.

Level 30 job trait: Kage Shuriken
    X% chance on a missed throwing attack that the ninja throws immediately again with increased accuracy (does not consume ammo. Basically Zanshin for throwing). The imagery is that the missed attack is actually a shadow bluff for the following shot.

Level 50 ability: Imbue
    activate- the next offensive ninjutsu you use is cast and 'stored' into your next ranged attack, which has greatly enhanced magic accuracy. Any magic accuracy boost you have is applied as a ranged accuracy boost to the shot (and any ranged acc bonus applies as a magic acc boost for the spell effect). If an elemental ninjutsu is used the weapon does the corresponding elemental damage.

Dual wielding vs single wielding would also give gun ninjas and traditional melee ninjas a visual difference.
    (5)
    Last edited by OgreBattle; 11-25-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Would you let these traits and abilities work when subbing ninja? I could see some of them being useful for corsair and ranger.
    (0)

Character
    Ogrebattle
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    They're all throwing related bonuses though. I still figure Ranger would be the gunmaster class.
    (0)
    Last edited by OgreBattle; 11-26-2011 at 01:48 PM.

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OgreBattle View Post
    I had a suggestion in the 'feedback' section of the forum, but I think it'd apply here

Add in a stance that enhances Ninja ranged attacks.

Level 10 stance "Kasumi":
    Wield only one katana, leaving your other hand free for quick throwing and fast drawing. Delay reduction can be about equal to what you get from Dual Wield.
    The stance can also give +10 ranged accuracy and a bonus to Agility over levels (like how Hasso boosts samurai's accuracy and strength)

Level 20 ability: Shuriken Jutsu
    activated ability only usable when in 1h stance: your next katana weapon skill will be delivered with a ranged attack.

Level 30 job trait: Kage Shuriken
    X% chance on a missed throwing attack that the ninja throws immediately again with increased accuracy (does not consume ammo. Basically Zanshin for throwing). The imagery is that the missed attack is actually a shadow bluff for the following shot.

Level 50 ability: Imbue
    activate- the next offensive ninjutsu you use is cast and 'stored' into your next ranged attack, which has greatly enhanced magic accuracy. Any magic accuracy boost you have is applied as a ranged accuracy boost to the shot (and any ranged acc bonus applies as a magic acc boost for the spell effect). If an elemental ninjutsu is used the weapon does the corresponding elemental damage.

Dual wielding vs single wielding would also give gun ninjas and traditional melee ninjas a visual difference.
    Good ideas that need be used by master shinobi and not anyone subing the job by todays standard. Level 50 is the borderline for subjob and any job without a use for throwing or ninjutsu doesn't need it. Also, at that low portion of the job, ppl are still learning the ninja way and don't really need all that ability. Maybe some throwing WS and the lv.20 Shuriken Jutsu but nothing else (I would prefer it to be lv.30).

Work on these creative ideas some more, I support it! ^^
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

There is no way to fix ranged attacks without making haste apply to ranged attacks, which SE said they cannot do, just like they said they cannot add throwing WS's. Gun is worse then throwing, throwing is worse then just attacking with your katanas. If you're really bored I posted the math repeatedly in this forum for why throwing is so bad. Go search for it. Otherwise, just stop the insanity.
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast