Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gun Ninjas!?

Oh wow, that's such an achivement. What do you want now; a bean?

I enjoy the game for what it is, a game. I don't need to list the LS I've been a part of or my different gear sets to have a virtual pissing contest. I'm not trying to change your point of view or seek your approval.

It's a game, I have fun. So should everyone else. And I believe there really is no wrong way to have fun.

That being said... I still welcome whatever SE has in store for the role of NINJA.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Joleen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Well, playing around by yourself is perfectly fine, if, as stated before, doing garbage damage with weaker weapons/ja/spells is your idea of fun. Bringing that mentality along to a group/ls isn't perfectly fine. Someone doing it wrong effects other peoples fun.

Yes, yes, i know i don't speak for the entire community. I'm sure you're going to fire that quote off again to totally shut me down. Kudos. I really shouldn't have to speak for the community on this matter. Ninja's who know what they're doing are all shaking their heads right now.

The argument is that SE shouldn't bother wasting it's time on stupid things when they could actually do something for the job that might matter...make it better. Adding things to a portion of our job that we pretty much suck at lacks logic. Doing something with Throwing would make more sense....minimal sense though, but it would take far too much work/effort to make it worthwhile. Considering SE has pretty much pissed all over Shurikens kinda shows where that's gonna go though.
    (0)
    The Doctor Said I Wouldn't Have So Many Nosebleeds If I Kept My Finger Outta There

I'd say that too if I was horrible.

LOOK OUT NINJA FORUMS! Next thing you know you're gonna see the proverbial "I have a real life!"
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Exactly. Like I said before when not focused on end game events it shouldn't matter how you spend your dime. If you have fun going out NIN/RNG and firing off gil, by all means have fun.

SE can bring whatever adjustments they want to the job and it wont reduce the amount of enjoyment I have with it, but I can not speak for the entire crowd.

I liked the idea they had for adjusting the Sange merit and commented on it. Apparently that upset some... Will SE move forward with it? Who knows. It wont result in me quiting the job if they don't. I'm just not limited to a way of thinking that "X is the only way to improve Y". Be it good or bad, an improvement is just that. No matter what it is, some will like it, some wont.

at any rate, I still welcome whatever SE has in store for the role of NINJA. "Dattebayo!" (just for you)
    (0)
    Last edited by Bulrogg; 02-01-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    that's what

Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    an improvement is just that.
    What about the sange update is an improvement? It's STILL an ability thats useless to waste merits on, and it's STILL useless to try and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    at any rate, I still welcome whatever SE has in store for the role of NINJA.
    I bet you supported the dual wield nerf too, and welcomed it with open arms like every other horrible adjustment they've made to ninja. I bet you LIKE yonin and can full time innin and think you're awesome too. It's pretty amazing to me that you like when SE wastes development time and resources on useless crap, instead of helping NIN not be terrible outside of abyssea. I support any change that actually helps NIN not be horrible.
    (1)

That's the thing, I don't feel like SE is wasting their time regardless the task. Adjustments happen. If that's the worse thing that happens today then it's not such a bad day. I can still find enjoyment with the game and with the job. It will always be my favorite job to play regardless of how the developers continue to evolve Ninja.
    (1)
    that's what

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I don't see why people get so frothy at the mouth when people have 'different' ideas and have thoughts independent of others surrounding jobs in the game. Naturally all are entitled to their own play style and their own point of view. I hate this notion that there's a 'right' way to play a job - it's so unoriginal and uncreative, I am somebody who likes to experiment, even when it means I'm laughed at. Now, I'm a new NIN, could go as far as calling me a 'bandwagon NIN', though I do enjoy it, so it's not as simple as doing it because it'll get me invites.

I think if we were to utilise throwing weapons or improve Sange then to my mind maybe throwing weapons themselves (and any other stats surrounding them) can be improved...it's not that much of a stretch of the imagination, even if SE can't give them WS's. Throwing weapons may currently be useless, but who says they HAVE to be? Throwing weapons may be crap now, but who says they can't be uncrappified? It's possible to give it some advantages instead of making the skill useless.

Okay, I might not be an experienced NIN nor may my opinion matter to some people, but I'm not one to shoot down people's views and then suggest that they're shit at their job because they want to take advantage of something most would consider 'crap' or 'useless'.
    (4)
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Quote Originally Posted by Saefinn View Post
    I think if we were to utilise throwing weapons or improve Sange then to my mind maybe throwing weapons themselves (and any other stats surrounding them) can be improved...it's not that much of a stretch of the imagination
    It actually sorta is a stretch of the imagination, considering you lose 6-7 attacks worth of TP gain and damage for 1 throw, that makes it very, very unlikely it could ever be fixed. So say what you want, but until 1 throw does as much damage and gains as much TP as 6-7 attacks, it will never be worth using. What is so hard to understand about that to you people?

Now lets look at the sange changes, its what 5 hits now and doesn't take shadows? So to get those 5 hits youre gonna give up 1.5-2.5~ attack rounds, and for that you get to hit things with 5 shurikens. So really, as long as you can connect with all of them, and have decent damage shurikens to use, the damage should be the same. The problem with it comes into play in the fact that, it costs a ton of inventory room, and gil and merits to make sange worth using to "do the same damage." Inventory room because you need to carry around a bunch of gear with ranged acc/att to make it useful. Gil because you'll lose your NTE merits to merit sange, and because shurikens are very expensive. Now, if you want to be stupid, and waste all this gil and inventory space to do the same amount of damage you normally would just meleeing, go ahead and knock yourself out, but people with half a clue, will be laughing at you.
    (0)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    It actually sorta is a stretch of the imagination, considering you lose 6-7 attacks worth of TP gain and damage for 1 throw, that makes it very, very unlikely it could ever be fixed. So say what you want, but until 1 throw does as much damage and gains as much TP as 6-7 attacks, it will never be worth using. What is so hard to understand about that to you people?
    Yes, that's current stats. That's not hard to understand at all. Read back at what I wrote, you'll see I addressed that issue by suggesting that with Sange improvements throwing weapons and any stats surrounding them could be improved. So current TP and damage is irrelevant, because it'd mean they'd have to be improved if SE wanted to have Ninjas using throwing weapons, like Bulrogg would no doubt like to see.

My stance on whether NIN SHOULD be able to use throwing weapons to their advantage is neither here nor there because whilst I suspect it'd be nice to not waste Ninja's skill in it and to have an extra part to the job some may enjoy there's also of course an issue of what takes priority and what'll make people happy, but also how SE deals with 'balance' and usually their approach to balance is to nerf. But if SE were a little more generous and I'm sure if done right, throwing weapons could be improve to a point where they become useful without hurting other aspects of the job (except maybe in merit choice, but at least for that it's a choice for a player's style rather than a nerf).

I'm sure I could just take a position of superiority and assume everybody who thinks differently is an idiot and can't play their job, but that'd just be nasty and would contribute nothing. I'm not going to merit Sange, I'm probably not even going to buy throwing weapons, I've already got a Chakram, so if I ever need to use a ranged weapon to pull, I can. However, I'd rather not shit on people's ideas or assume they're idiots because they play differently and would like to see aspects of the jobs they're interested in to be explored. And of course, you're more than welcome to play the job as you wish and I hope nobody would try to force you away from that, after all, you're here to enjoy the game. Yes, if SE nerfed any aspect of NIN that made people, such as yourself, enjoy NIN less then I would be disappointed, hence my comments about 'balance' above.

It's this frothing at the mouth culture surrounding some of this game's fanatics I find difficult to understand.
    (1)
    Last edited by Saefinn; 02-09-2012 at 08:18 AM.
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Yes, that's current stats. That's not hard to understand at all. Read back at what I wrote, you'll see I addressed that issue by suggesting that with Sange improvements throwing weapons and any stats surrounding them could be improved.
    It's a pretty astronomical jump from what is there now, compared to what they would need to add to make throwing worth using. Exactly what part of anything SE has ever done with this game leads you believe SE will add a ranged weapon that will do as much damage and gain as much TP as 5+ attacks? I mean, I can see from the rest of your post you're pretty clueless on how game mechanics work, but I just want to understand why you are white knighting throwing so much. It's terrible and basically can't be fixed, I fail to see why you don't understand this.

everybody who thinks differently is an idiot and can't play their job
    Math, it's awesome because there's a right answer, and wrong answer.

It's this frothing at the mouth culture surrounding some of this game's fanatics I find difficult to understand.
    Apparently you never had to stand around and wait to do something while a bunch of horrible people took forever to get out of the way.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast