Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Update sept 19 failure.....

thanks square enix for not giving scholars the spell to reduce an enemies tp over time (not sure if that was really happening)

thanks for kaustra and embrava that can only be used every 2 hours because that helps us a lot.

thanks for pretty much no new spells or ability adjustments specific to scholar.

i mean i sound very pissed and i believe i should be they give us all this hope for scholar change and then give us pretty much nothing.

i'm currently extremely disappointed with the development team they could have fixed scholar a lot in this update, but instead did almost nothing.
    (1)

Player
    Don't forget the adjustment they promised to make to light/dark arts saying they'd make the bonus of each art scale to the level of the scholar. As in the higher the level of scholar the more the casting time of magic and recast is reduced in each art, and mp cost and so forth. Where is that adjustment...
    (0)

Character
    Chaosi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I'm with you on most of this stuff, but we pretty much knew all those good adjustments weren't coming with today's update.
    (0)

Character
    Nikashi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    SE paid a lot of attention to SCH this time around, and they are making changes. We didn't get a lot that's new, but there's still changes being made.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Yeah, the notes about adjustments beyond the 2-hour spells were all "under consideration" comments. I didn't expect them with this update. I'm hoping with the test server introduction we won't have to wait too long, at least not the ~year this new level cap raise took. Then again, I've "hoped" a lot for SCH in the past 15 levels...
    (0)

Character
    Frejan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    BTW, played a bit with Kaustra and seems pretty potent. With proper atmas and the same equipment I use for Noctohelix, Initial hit was around 3700, and the ticks were every 3 seconds or even faster, not draining as much HP as the first hit but still good chunks.

I'll try tomorrow with a kiteable NM (the pre-boss orobon in miseraux seems perfect), and see how much it can do per cast.
    (0)
    Frejan from Ragnarok, at your service.

Character
    Syuveil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    i'm currently extremely disappointed with the development team they could have fixed scholar a lot in this update, but instead did almost nothing.
    I wasn't aware of the fact that the job needed fixing.

inb4 cure V argument
    (1)

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroUnlimited View Post
    I wasn't aware of the fact that the job needed fixing.

inb4 cure V argument
    so you don't think scholar got nerfed at all i.e. modus veritas being garbage or scholar losing support role?

i mean sure embrava is sweet but it doesnt make up for 2 hour wait outside of abyssea not to mention we didn't get anything job specific other then the 2hr spells
    (1)

Character
    Nikashi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Even if we didn't get anything job specific, SE still payed attention to us and made some decent adjustments to the job. I'm thankful they at least did something useful for SCH. Could've been like the DRK update this time around and got the shit that is Scarlet Delirium (And yes, DRK is my main job, but SCH is a very close second).
    (0)

Player
    Didn't SE say those adjustments would take place after this update?
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast