Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Didn't SE say those adjustments would take place after this update?
    Yes actually, Camate the all mighty did say that updates were coming to Scholar and that we'd hear about them sometime after the Sept. update, so look for them in Oct. Our time is coming...
    (0)

Character
    Ahrana
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Yes actually, Camate the all mighty did say that updates were coming to Scholar and that we'd hear about them sometime after the Sept. update, so look for them in Oct. Our time is coming...
    We'll see if they give us a well thought out update, or if they're just going to give us a few half assed spells.
    (0)

Character
    Nikashi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm looking forward to the Light and Dark Arts adjustments. It'll be nice to have our own bonus for being SCH mains rather than everyone having the same benefit from Light/Dark Arts.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikashi View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Light and Dark Arts adjustments. It'll be nice to have our own bonus for being SCH mains rather than everyone having the same benefit from Light/Dark Arts.
    They'll be good, but I just wish it wasn't going to steal even more from RDM's fast cast. Would much prefer it if the bonus increase was only on the spell cost side.
    (0)

Player
    Square Enix will say anything to keep player playing the game.
    Welcome too Vandiel
    A place where Square Enix are gods that like too Nerf players instead of making them stronger?
    Umm...
    (0)
    Last edited by Lordscyon; 09-21-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordscyon View Post
    Welcome too Vandiel
    A place where Square Enix are gods that like too Nerf players instead of making them stronger?
    Umm...
    You are thinking of the last Dev team. The new one actually listens to its player base, and the pending adjustments to light/dark arts proves that.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordscyon View Post
    Welcome too Vandiel
    Umm...
    You are thinking of the last Dev team. The new one actually listens to its player base, and the pending adjustments to light/dark arts proves that.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I don't understand the hate over the new two hour abilities. Tabula Rasa effectively been redefined and made relevant again. Maybe I'm just blowing off at the mouth though since I've only recently taken up SCH but the job is still very much competent outside of abyssea and now there's use for both those abilities for endgame NMs... well i guess maybe not BCNMs and KSNMs that people do back to back, but still. I guess when I compare the two hour abilities SCH got to what SMN got (SMN my main, I can't help but compare) SE got it right this time.

Embrava is absolutely amazing, even in long sessions inside abyssea. Two hour + accession + perpetance then just pop a revit or an ISL chest and go back at it. Maybe I'm the only one pretty much star struck by it though.
    (2)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Ahrana
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    I don't understand the hate over the new two hour abilities. Tabula Rasa effectively been redefined and made relevant again. Maybe I'm just blowing off at the mouth though since I've only recently taken up SCH but the job is still very much competent outside of abyssea and now there's use for both those abilities for endgame NMs... well i guess maybe not BCNMs and KSNMs that people do back to back, but still. I guess when I compare the two hour abilities SCH got to what SMN got (SMN my main, I can't help but compare) SE got it right this time.

Embrava is absolutely amazing, even in long sessions inside abyssea. Two hour + accession + perpetance then just pop a revit or an ISL chest and go back at it. Maybe I'm the only one pretty much star struck by it though.
    A jobs utility shouldn't be defined by it's 2 hour ability. If you're chest farming inside of abyssea it may be fine, but once you start fighting monsters back to back, or you do things outside of abyssea, the utility of your 2 hour ability really doesn't matter.

Plus it doesn't address the core problem with scholar, mainly it isn't a white mage and it isn't a black mage. Being somewhere inbetween means little if you don't bring something unique.
    (0)

Character
    Nikashi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    They'll be good, but I just wish it wasn't going to steal even more from RDM's fast cast. Would much prefer it if the bonus increase was only on the spell cost side.
    Why would you want just a bonus to MP cost reduction? So we'll have casting speed that may potentially rival a RDM. That's something that's going to let us do our job in parties that much better.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast