Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    the OP said he wasn't looking to solo NMs... at least pay attention to what the OP said before you post calling people stupid, cuz you're the one that looks stupid.
    I know I was referring to how I set up for NMs, thats also why I said it depends on what you are trying to solo. If your in abyssea, gear isn't as inportant as it used to be since you can get killler atma but outside it sure depends on what you are looking to fight solo. My point I was trying to make is that when your soloing higher level mobs, yes it's harder to hit them so maybe acc gear and haste gear would be nice but at the same time a RDMs strengths are in enfeebling. If you can't enfeeble the mob or are recasting the same enfeebles over and over during the fight then is it really an efficient set up? I don't know it's things you need to ask yoursellf. And in MY opinion low level mobs (under T) acc, haste, TP gain is ok but anything more I mix in different set macros with some acc and haste along with enfeebles, INT, MND and so on.
    (0)

sanguine blade makes life easy against lower mobs, it's decent damage, unnafected by weapon dmg (rock that joyeuse all day) that heals you.. it's effected heavily by int and magic attack, stuff you probably have sitting around anyway.

only downside is it requires war, pld, drk, or blu sub. i recommend drk, as solo you can't really afford to use bergressor anyway, and joyeuse reduces the utility of da a little bit. absorb tp on a job that can afford the mp to cast it every time it's valid is pretty sweet. it'll take some getting used to, but just keep in mind that you can only absorb what tp the mob actually has.

pld is kinda lame now since you get refresh2, not much need for auto-refresh, and we have shield mastery innate.

blu can be good, though it's not my favorite. cocoon stacked on top of phalanx makes you hard to kill.
    (0)

Character
    Xikeroth
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuvo View Post
    My solo gear isn't the greatest but as a rdm it would take a lot to boost our warrior stats like str, dex, and agi. So i seem to focus on increasing our already powerful stats like MND, IND, MP, enfeebling and enhancing gear. Enhancing being a strong focus. I don't waste my time with increasing dex or str since we would need to increase more then 30 points in each stat line to be usefull. So in all actuallity I use and macro a lot of my party gear. Rings, earrings, cape, and weapons will make up the differences in either MP or accuracy or whatever is needed. This depends on what I plan on doing that day either hard hitting NMs solo or just farming. Sorry I don't has specific gear to list for you but my advice would be to focus increasing what our job traits already are enhancing with a few gear selections to acc, haste, or fastcast.
    I agree with this guy on one thing.... ENHANCING GEAR. Yeah haste accuracy double attack is good, but en-spell damage doesn't cap. If you're /BLU laughing at mobs as they hit you for 0 damage use enspel 2s since they yield higher damage results, but if you're dual wielding(with a multi-attack weapon such as joyeuse) use enspel 1s, why? Because you'll net more enspell damage from 3 attacks of enspel 1 then you will of enspell 2. Since enspell 2 takes time to get to max damage and enspell 1 only takes 2 hits to rival enspell 2 max damage. This is increased purely through enhancing magic skill.

Through testing at the same time, unlike other magic skills unless they recently changed it(been too busy playing NIN to try) any reduction in enhancing magic skill will lower your enspell damage AFTER the cast, of course this is subject to the enhancing spell damage formula falling on a specific number. This best works if your enhancing skill is well over 300 which if you spend all that time buffing people with haste and refresh like I did it should be. lol

Other then that haste, STR, ACC, double attack all work the best for RDM. Our best subjob? Debatable and it depends on the situation and what you're fighting. Blue mage will give you access to a few stronger sword WS, enhancing your defenses without losing your attack. NIN will give you dual wield and shadows. dancer(thought i don't like subbing it to my rdm as it doesn't have much purpose. will give you some accuracy bonus allowing you to focus less on that but will weaken your overall damage output.

There isn't much post 75 that RDM can use that enhances our frontline abilities. Kinda makes me believe that SE rushed abyssea as a way to charge us $10 per addon but didn't really think about game balance what so ever.

Kinda the same way they killed any value relic weapons had with emp weapons(which I still think their WS dmg needs to be reversed as relic weapons take much more time to obtain and upgrade then emp weapons...) Knights of round and mercy stroke should be able to destroy Almace's WS with no issues and the WS on emp weapons need to be nerfed a TON because of how easy they are to obtain(compared to other weapons). but that's for another thread. On the topic of THIS thread... we shouldn't NEED an emp weapon to be viable in the front line.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2