Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Kvadrat
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    you'll want both. to simplify, on long fights, spharai will win in the long run, but on short fights , verthragna owns it, due to impetus ( for example on zerging figths, voidwatch NMs etc).

Example: Arch dynamis lord zerg, no way in hell spharai can keep up with 300TP aftermath + impetus boost on verethragna.
    LoL i bet SE read your post and decided to NERF Impetus!!

..so i guess now Spharai wins in all situations O.o?
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Glanzfaust is not bad but you need shijin because ascetic's fury is garbage (probably even even with the claimed 40% boost).
    The lv99 version is probably quite nice when you have Impetus up, and I'm confident it's also very nice inside abyssea (but lolabyssea), but either way I don't get your "but you need Shijin".
    You're making it sound as if with Spharai you don't, which is not quite the case, is it?

The augment are hardly useful. Seems only competitive for zergs because of AM2/3.
    Even supposing the augments didn't get updated for the level99 version (which is sadly likely, altough I wonder why changing the description then), I wouldn't call them "hardly useful", with an uptime of 3mins over 5 it doesn't seem to bad to me.
    Shines particularly in Zergs of course, but it sounds good either way.
    And while it might be hard to keep up AM3 on long fights, when you're able to that's gotta make a good difference, considering it also procs on WS, unlike many other AMs.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't make it sound like you don't need shijin for relic since I have said that relic has a superior DPS and that is why it will beat glanzfaust. The entire mythic system relies on AM3 other wise the only weapons that don't suck are those whose weapon skills are great like stringing pummel. If stringing pummel is gaining 40% as claimed on the last stage then I have no doubt that KKK PUP is nicely superior to spharai mnk seeing as without the boost SP basically equals VS. However ascetic's fury is notoriously inferior to asuran fists, and therefore to final heaven, so with the 40% boost it probably still is inferior to Final Heaven and since the relic has a superior DPS, shijin or not, it's going to win over mythic.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

For anyone wanting a maxed out relic it's not too hard, check this thread where I show how you can 6-man Arch Dynamis Lord.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...icultly./page5
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    this should be the first made glowing weapon:

We'll now work on spharai.
    (0)
    Last edited by Monchat; 07-05-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Character
    Cybermario
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Grabbed my Black Belt and decided i was strong enough to solo Tococo.
    (0)

I watch parties and alliances wipe to Gamayun in Grauberg [A], yet I can solo it on MNK/DNC. And that was even before I got my Black Belt. And no relic/empy/mythic weapon. And I'm Taru so only ~3600 HP for that fight.
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4