Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Your Latest and Greatest Accomplishment(MNK)

This threads a throw back to the 6 year long thread from KI , title says it all if you've accomplished something big or small share it here * try to keep it monk related.

Also please keep the drama out , its for others to say something they have done recently either congrats them, ask questions or share your experiences. if your here to flame / troll people just go to general.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I brewed 40 apademaks this weekend.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Using Victory Smite? What damage were your Smites doing? Which atmas did you use? How many Apa could you bring down on each brew?
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I can only brew per 6 since I'm lacking storage characters, and was using cataclysm (obviously) for 30k ish damage. Since this mob is pretty retarded with fulmination and stun lock we just have a mule smn use perfect defense and brew 3 by 3. It's overkill and you could brew more.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I had Apa brewed with Sanguine, thought Apa would resist the dark damage of Cataclysm. Which atmas did you use? Cosmos, Griffon Claw and Smiting Blow?
    6 sounds very good, with Sanguine we could brew only 5 (with some occasional 6th, but it was risky).
    Didn't need perfect defense tho, we just had a BLM stun the spell he casts as soon as he pops, and then he died in 2-3 WS.
    Guess I'm gonna try with Cata for mine.
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I didn't have filters, mdk told me the damage, but yeah that's about it with those atmas. It dies in ~ 3 WS doesn't seem to resist drk.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It resists (i.e can halve damage often). Sometimes you need 4 cataclysm. Not a pb since you can pop 3 at once anyway. Perfect defense negates en-stun, while brew doesn't, strangely. Way better than aeolian edge or smite (<10k dmg) anyway. Brewing 3 at once w/o PD seems pointless with the almost perma stun.
    (0)

ding 95 woo
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    three at the same time using Cata... uhm... sounds good in theory but I dunno if it would work with my current friends. We usually just popped one at a time and killed with 2-3 Sanguine Blade.
    We also always made sure to stun after pop, because he ALWAYS casts a spell after pop, and if that happens to be a spell cast on himself he would levelup hence gaining access to fulmination.
    Dunno what you mean with the stun thing, does Apademak have enstun on his attacks? Never noticed it (altough I was usually on BRD or on SCH stunning, never meleed it).

My turn to brew it for my horns is coming, and I was thinking to just single kill it, popping 3 at the same time and stunning all three, the posititioning them close to be in range for Cata sounds a bit too complicated for the numbers/jobs we have.
    Still, I don't have any job with access to Sanguine Blade...
    Which WS should I use then? I have Vere MNK, lolPUP, BST, NIN, SAM, SCH, SMN, BRD.
    Not looking good... gonna be hard to stick 5 Apademaks in a single brew with my options, sigh...

He roughly has 50k HP, right?
    (0)

My advice? Spend a few hours leveling a job with Sanguine Blade so you can use that. Paladin or Blue Mage should do, and you can double BLU as a proc mule if you decide to get those spells later.

Alternatively, finish a WoE gun and level COR. Honestly, the former will probably require less overall effort than brewing with one of those jobs (Assuming you're doing 1 at a time), and the latter will come in handy for pretty much anything you want to brew.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast