Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Abyssea turned out a lot more douchebags than the old hnm end game, every two bit gimp now can get good gear and empyrean weapons and they all think there hot stuff.
    This is sadly the case now, the vast majority of players were considered casual back in the day...the remaining small portion that did serious endgame was filled almost entirely with aholes (as provoen by the disgusting HNM community). Now they made endgame more accessable almost anything with a pulse can get the best gear, so the ahole ratio has become rather epic (almost to wow standards), usually people that think having +2 and an emp is something impressive.

As for OP, although I agree with you to a point it's really hard to find anything even slightly on par with XI. I tried a lot of MMO's and nothing came close, so as much as it pains me to agree with what some are saying...you probably will be back before too long. When you really do quit a game you know your done, you won't make any goodbye posts and will lose total intrest in anything to do with the game, including forums etc.
    (2)
    Last edited by Runespider; 09-19-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    See you soon.
    (1)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    The only reason world spawns kept out gimps, is because you could only get things like E body once every 3 days on each server.

It isn't, wasn't, and never will be an attestation of skill

So much this. I really don't know when these good old days were. I must have missed them. There were always bad, selfish, rude, leeching, etc. players.

Back in the HNM days I saw people ONLY log-in to lot on HNM drops. I saw leaders and other members treat their own fellow LS members like absolute crap. Linkshells despised each other, and the attacks would often get very personal. There were people who were carried by the rest of the LS simply because they were friends with the leaders. There were always cliques or individuals that never helped anyone but themselves.

What Abyssea did wasn't make people into selfish, greedy jerks, it just made people who were already selfish, greedy jerks not need the rest of us anymore. It didn't turn out more gimps, it's just with the lowman nature of the content the people who thought they were hot stuff don't have as many people to hide behind anymore. The problem isn't with Abyssea, it's with the people.
    (14)

Character
    Tedra
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo View Post
    Abyssea turned out a lot more douchebags than the old hnm end game, every two bit gimp now can get good gear and empyrean weapons and they all think there hot stuff.

Bring back world spawns i say .
    good for them! I'm happy for all the two bit gimp who think they are hot stuff. If ya can't be hot stuff in a game why bother?

Anyway to the OP good luck with you next adventure may life be everything you want it to be.
    (3)

5. 09-19-2011 10:02 PM

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    /sigh..... I used to be a real nice guy, helping old ladies across the street, and saving kittens from trees. But ever since I got abyssea, its been a non stop train of drugs, booze, women and crime.
    (13)

How much did you even play? I've never seen you around on Sylph. Also, give me your gear and money, that way it'll be harder to start playing again.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    /sigh..... I used to be a real nice guy, helping old ladies across the street, and saving kittens from trees. But ever since I got abyssea, its been a non stop train of drugs, booze, women and crime.
    Nice guys finish last.
    (0)

Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I for one enjoy the way it is now, took 5 years to get a white box on my duelist chap, just as long to get a good refresh body. I personally got tired of playing a game where the main thing that determined whether or not you got gear was dumb luck.
    (2)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    Games invented idiots. The world was a better place back in the 50s.
    Ah yes. Back when blacks and womens had no rights, the world was on the cusp of mass genocide of a different flavor than jew, fear of being blown up by an atom bomb gripped your every day life and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was just a young man in the senate.

those were the days I tell ya
    (5)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I for one enjoy the way it is now, took 5 years to get a white box on my duelist chap, just as long to get a good refresh body. I personally got tired of playing a game where the main thing that determined whether or not you got gear was dumb luck.
    Yeah. Effort did not equal rewards before Abyssea. Now it does. That is what I really like about this game now.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast