Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Sept update blues

So far nothing has impressed me in this update, did 2 90-95 jobs today in 4 hours plus full buffer, few more jobs to go. Tried Walk of Echoes....5 people in there and it was a train wreck of death...didn't like it before and since nothing drops in there I want, well I tried it and now I'm finished with it. Voidwatch really doesn't do anything for me, but will give it a try someday (trying not to read or listen to all the negatives re VW). The new hknm (or what ever they call the new battle grounds) well I like those types of fights looking forward to finding someone else who is willing to do them. Like pulling teeth to get people to them. I don't know, just seems like nothing exciting this time.

The 40 geodes for 1 agility on my dagger (same on other weapons I have 1 of something) won't run out to get those anytime soon, will wait till i collect them along the way, someday I will have enough.

I'm very disappointed that my rdm which has not been out of the mog house except to lvl up a couple of times a year is still in the mog house with its 5/5 +1 af, and 2/5 +2, now a totally useless job, we loss addle and gained a 5% or less proc spell on double attack, no one seems to be able to tell me if this is a self only or party spell, not that I will ever find out or use it.

Blue got some new spells, I enjoy getting the spells on a quiet afternoon. Maybe I'm judging everything by the excitement I got from Abyssea updates, may just be a hard act to follow.
    (9)

Character
    Luso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I believe Temper is only able to be cast on yourself, but I think you can only get this via an HKCNM battlefield as a spoil. Not too sure.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Agreed, the update is extremely lack luster, more or less is SE being terribly lazy. Voidwatch really need to be revamped to the same level of abyssea, seems like they will not be able to topple what is amazing about abyssea. Unless they manage to revamp the game and make it better, we are heading back to the dark days of 2003-2006
    (8)

The updates are just going back to normal low standards, the kinda stuff we always got before Abyssea. Abyssea updates/expansions spoiled us all to have higher expectations, they have no intention of keeping up to the point they pushed the bar to though and are just going back to old ways.

It's back to adding cheap and easy content but making it really long and hard to get to pad it out as much as possible. New spells for instance, endgame content almost nobody will do or crappy magian upgrades = cheap easy way to keep your players running around the maze.

Problem with going back to the old cheap/easy updates is they spoiled us all with Abyssea time and players will not take kindly to lazy lackluster updates anymore, they just think they can timewarp back to old ways and forget the last couple of years.
    (2)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    We are not back to "old" content since, barring magian upgrades, the new gear is mostly inferior to previous gear. Anyone remember the excitement after salvage or limbus gear ? Voidwatch is just a collection of NMs with an easy progression and an artificial difficulty (proc requirement = many people), paired with not so good gear. Voidwatch is more like another tier of BCNMs, seing as the last tier drops are sellable. Also the fact that you don't actually get the gear but only crafting mat makes it seriously questionnable for a lot of people. Is it better to spam VW until your mats drops then find 2 crafters to make it or spent 5 millions (and the gear is not really worth that except RDM, but it's .. rdm). The only positive I see about VW is the fact that it's not a shared pool. If the drops where good it would be a success.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 09-22-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    People need to wake up and realize Abyssea was really just "I'm sorry for making you grind more because we didn't want to do another expansion pack" content. You have unrealistic expectations for a FF MMO to spoon feed you easy content post Abyssea.

We have our easier exp. We have our new replacement gear for our new levels that was easy to obtain. We're one level cap raise away from the new cap and the level 99 transition will be complete. The apology is over and done with. Welcome back to FFXI and LS driven content.
    (4)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Really though SE, do you have a problem with giving us content worth doing?
    (3)

Player
    They didn't have a $10 add-on to charge us for content this time, of course there was nearly nothing to come from this update.

The days of getting a proper meaty content update every 2-3 months have been long gone ever since WoTG came out and took 4 years to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    Really though SE, do you have a problem with giving us content worth doing?
    Gil/Items from WoE isn't incentive enough? VW loot is pretty good also. The main problem with FFXI right now is that it's in a transitional period until it hits 99-cap and the devs figure out wtf to do as far as new endgame goes.

That and half the playerbase has been spoiled by Abyssea and demands every new piece of content to be easy/low-man'able.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kaisha; 09-23-2011 at 02:49 AM.

Player
    Where are all the people that were bitching about how easy Abyssea was? They're the ones you need to target.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Where are all the people that were bitching about how easy Abyssea was? They're the ones you need to target.
    This.

The September update came bursting to the brim with content. It just requires more effort than logging in and picking up items from your delivery box. Voidwatch Part 2 is much bigger than part 1, and the fights are pretty awesome. New WoE is basically Campaign, and my server has huge hordes of people going nearly 24/7. The HKCNMs are extremely easy, and seem to be balanced around 2-3 man groups despite their 6-man entry limit, which essentially makes them noob-friendly.

There is plenty to do, even if you are casual. You just have to go do it.
    (10)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast