Thread: Thief Keys

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Thief Keys

Heres a good question.. how come noone uses thief keys anymore? Maybe its time for new treasure chests with lv88-99 rewards and materials in them? Maybe its me or thief should be called chicken from now on cus there too scared to open treasure chests because of mimics.

Death trap anyone?
    (0)

Character
    Kasandaro
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    I can farm 5k crour, get a Pearl piece and NPC it for a reliable amount of Gil in half the average time it takes me to get to a coffer zone, find a coffer, pick it, deal with the mimic, and get completely random rewards, - the best of which currently in most zones is the cash prize.

And that's not my main source of income. Why would I want to hunt coffers, again?
    (0)

Character
    Capnspike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    You know what would be even cooler.... if we could use thf tools to open abyssea chests... -.-;
    (0)

Windurst is my home but other nations are also Rank 10
    Character
    Crazze
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I am going to have to agree with Kasandaro here there are much easier and faster ways to make gil than picking chests. It was nothing to do with being afraid of mimics. Though it would be cool to eventually see some higher level chests at some point to make thieves tools useful again. And even if I did want to open a coffer I would just go farm the key since I have TH6 now.

And I am just going to assume Capn's comment was a joke since forbidden keys are a more logical choice even if picking was an option.
    (0)
    90 Jobs THF BLM RNG SAM RDM WAR

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It's not about making money, it's just the possibility of using your Thief's Tools again. I think that's a good idea.
    (0)

Windurst is my home but other nations are also Rank 10
    Character
    Crazze
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I totally agree that it would be nice if they were useful again but the OP is complaining that no one uses them anymore and bashing on thieves because we don't use them, when we have no reason to. But like I said before it would be cool to see a use for them again, which yes the OP did also mention.
    (0)
    90 Jobs THF BLM RNG SAM RDM WAR

Character
    Kasandaro
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Capn View Post
    You know what would be even cooler.... if we could use thf tools to open abyssea chests... -.-;
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazze View Post
    And I am just going to assume Capn's comment was a joke since forbidden keys are a more logical choice even if picking was an option.
    Actually thought about that, since thf keys give an extra bit of into of FoV chests, but the cost of a Thief's Tool versus the cost of a Forbidden Key...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazze View Post
    And even if I did want to open a coffer I would just go farm the key since I have TH6 now.
    They're still kinda slow drops.
    (0)

Character
    Capnspike
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I was actually being sarcastic with a bit of seriousness. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have thf tools have SOME sort of effect on chests in abyssea... Especially since 25k Cruor for a pack of keys is a rather large chunk of your 200k brew. I personally stopped buying keys and have learned to ignore any chest that isn't a cruor chest (when I'm in abyssea solo'ing) especially since 1 guess chests take 10 seconds to open without a key...

It would be nice if thf tools even just lowered the amount of correct guesses you need by 1 but is not able to open it entirely. I'd rather spend gil than cruor...
    (0)

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    what they should do is add a new quest that you need to use thf keys for special items in abyssea. Keep killing mobs till u get a big golden chest "make sure you dont check inside it" Use the key. Obtainned "Weathered Eye Patch" Keyitem. Go back talk to NPC select your keyitem in menu and /random drop happens. You get special reward... "Gilgameish's Eyepatch"

lv90 THF/COR/RNG headgear
    Occ. boosts Sneak Attack (hidden effect: TH+1 occ with sneak attack)
    Dex+10 Agi+5
    Range Acc-10
    Set:Range Attack+150

(Each Part Armor has Range Acc -10)

That be 1 of the random rewards u could get in the quest outta all these.

Gilgameish's Eyepatch 1%
    Gilgameish's Robe 2%
    Gilgameish's glove's 4%
    Gilgameish's Legging's 3%
    Gilgameish's Boots 2%
    Rusty Boots 30%
    Rusty Subgar 30%
    Rusty Cuffs 30%
    Rusty Eyepatch 30%
    Ram Leather 30%

Like to mention I dont play RNG or COR
    (0)