Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Inconsiderate!

Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    I play on xbox no chance of 3rd party tools there.... The point was, as I repeat it again, if you pop an nm, and you have put all the hard work into getting the pops either from buying the items or farming the items and you lose thats no big problem. The problem is when you havent lost and are prepared to carry on, why should another party claim the weakened mob. Im not stopping them killing A mob, just not a weakened one popped by someone else outside their group.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    I play on xbox no chance of 3rd party tools there.... The point was, as I repeat it again, if you pop an nm, and you have put all the hard work into getting the pops either from buying the items or farming the items and you lose thats no big problem. The problem is when you havent lost and are prepared to carry on, why should another party claim the weakened mob. Im not stopping them killing A mob, just not a weakened one popped by someone else outside their group.
    #1 solution to your problem the little button "CALL FOR HELP" years ago my social ls went to try and kill Cerberus with 6 people since it had been up for 4 hours. The "HNM" ls's showed up stole it from us wiped we stole it back and when we were just about to wipe i had my ls CFH on it why? cuz cerby then proceeded to kill everyone who had try'd to steal it from us and anyone who had cure'd them HNM players raged i laughed.

[Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]
    (2)
    Last edited by Melodicya; 09-18-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Feynman
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I don't know why I'm crazy enough to jump into this but here we go.

To the OP: As long as both parties are able to be productive I don't consider it inconsiderate. I understand where you're coming from though. The whole, wide, empty zone and you camp on top of us? Why? What benefit is there to anyone? But the main thing is just what you mentioned. "We always camp here." Old habits just die hard.

To the discussion that has broken out instead, I include my two cents. If a mob is unclaimed, it's unclaimed. One of the most annoying phrases in the game is of the form "Hey! That's my monster!" Really? If so how did I kill it? Hack the game code so I could attack claimed targets? I think not. But if I'm killing something and you're trying to do trials or something, I'll move elsewhere out of a courtesy. Assuming you approach me with something other than "I hate you" or the other messages I've gotten.

Someone taking a mob you fought against hoping for a drop can burn, but didn't the death itself do that already? I understand Katz's points about stealing. He is taking the ultimate moral high road. Stealing is stealing and it is never justified. But in this case I don't think you can call it stealing. SE set up the rules of the game. They consider this appropriate behavior. SE doesn't consider it stealing, and heck, it's all their property anyway.

However, sitting around watching a party and waiting for a chance to claim the target they are working on is just plain rude. For instance, a party fighting a mob and the whole party gets charmed. You take the mob once it turns. That's pretty crappy. Just because something is allowed, doesn't mean that it agrees with simple basic rules of human interaction. And yes I'm considering online interaction as human interaction. It is still two people regardless of the medium. But some people are just total jerks in real life and online interactions tend to heighten that quality in those people.

Lastly I may not (and often don't) agree with Korpg's point of view, and he is a bit more....abrasive.... than I think is needed, but I think we all need to let up a bit on other people's viewpoints. Seems like most posts degrade into fighting and personal attacks. Let's accept that we all have different opinions and that true discussion requires different opinions! This is a forum. We will not always agree. I personally don't find Korpg's "***" any harder to take than anyone else I don't agree with. (Not trying to pick on Yugl; I'm just taking a common term that they used.) But you know what? He's changed my mind on some things before.
    (3)
    Last edited by Melodicya; 09-18-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Sayn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    "If I can't have it, then no one can" is the most unrecognized form of elitism in FFXI.
    See: every CFH'd Niddhog from wiping shells running amok.
    (0)

Character
    Sayn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    You're wasting everyone's time, including your own, trying to apoc-zombie a mob that I'm sure would love to wipe the floor with you again, and again, and again. Time is not something people like to waste, especially not in abyssea where it is limited.

Take the hint and come back with friends next time. Just because you may think you have the ability to (very slowly) solo a mob down doesn't mean you should. Especially if it's one of those wonderful single-??? lower tier KI NMs. You can be damn sure I'll take that the second it idles.
    (2)

Factors

Ignorance: sometimes people only know a few good camps. If none of those camps are open, they feel justified in "crowding" a camp.

Also many people do not realize that holding a mediocre camp alone is often times more productive than fighting competition at a excellent camp.

Morality: This factor is too long to explain. It requires that you understand how human beings relate to morality.
    For a short crash course, visit this link http://www.baylor.edu/content/servic....php/25042.pdf and keep wiki open on an extra tab to look up all the terms you don't understand.

If you make it through all 24 pages i think you will have your answer, as well as a greater understanding of why people do what they do.
    (3)

Character
    Dijana
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    I absolutely hate it when other people camp on top. Particularly when there are plenty of other areas open like you said. The last time I went in dynamis, there was a group already in my favourite spot, so I looked for other areas (though any other good spots were taken too) so I had our group only move to our good spot after the first had left.

Of course, after we moved in there, a whole new group came and camped on top of us. They hadnt been in the zone when it was crowded, and when I searched it at the time they came to camp on top, the zone really wasnt crowded anymore. Despite us being there first, they actively tried to force us out by pointing mobs at the whm in our group to mpk us (luckily the whm was just being dualboxed for buffs and I was healing everyone on dnc mainly)

I find it incredibly rude when people do that sort of thing, even though I refuse to do that I know it wont change anything. But then it bothers me when my own group begins saying things like 'well we're gonna have to force them out arent we!' if we ever show up to an area and there's already a group there before us :/
    (3)

Character
    Joleen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Guess i'll just toss my 2cents in.
    -Camping over a group that was there first i feel is a pretty jerkface thing to do, but its fair game. I've been subjected to that kind of thing, and you do the slow-burn, but you cant draw a line around an area and say "MINE!"
    -Claiming a yellow mob is fair game, you should be more upset with whatever you did to lose claim than the folks that cleaned up your mess. It's not stealing by any means, you had your "chance" at the mob, and now he's moved on. Forcing it to go yellow or mpk'ing and all that underhanded stuff is a different story, obviously.
    -That 20 bucks lying on the ground is going in my pocket.......that bill went yellow!
    (3)
    The Doctor Said I Wouldn't Have So Many Nosebleeds If I Kept My Finger Outta There

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I know it can be a nuisance when other people camp on top of your own group. But as long as it doesn't slow down kill speed/monster availability too much, then idm too much. However, I never understood those people who insist on camping on top of others, and end up gimping both groups' kill speed. See: greater colibri camp back @ 75 cap, a 3rd party arriving and starting to kill stuff, thus gimping everybody's exp including their own.

On the other hand, killing a bst pet slept by another group just so the bst can use charm, is a shitty thing to do.

Claiming a mob that goes white, it not stealing. You can't steal something that nobody owns.
    (1)

Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    You seem to think someone takes a long time on a mob when they solo them. I am quicker than most ls people because I only have 1 person feeding it tp and not wiping left right and center to get the next person in to waste more time because they are underskilled at taking on mobs 1:1. A mob can be claimed after 10 seconds if you mis time something or lag, doesnt mean you have held up anyone. Wonders why there are so many bad players out there that they cant solo mobs quickly. Oh yes I remember they leech their jobs and dont understand how to play them and assume everyone else is as bad as themselves.
    (0)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast