Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90

Thoughts on "Pollen" and a "scaled" approach to spell list vs. "tier"

...as I was farming "Final Sting" and magian trials on wajoom woodland bees...I thought to myself, "why did SE make a solo-only spell like "Pollen" a "cure" spell?"

What I'm getting at is those bees tended to "Pollen" for over +500hp. Shouldn't SE have made this spell affected by Blue skill? Since it's self casted, players wouldn't have to worry that this would usurp WHM roles. Yes, the MP cost is low, but that also could have been on a scale.

I know that most blue magic spells are tier.. Pollen > wild carrot > magic fruit > and the new ones. But, really I think A scaled approach to blue magic would have been just as good.

As it is, blue mages have such a long spell list even with the points system, it's really becoming quite unwieldy. I think we're at like 80-100 spells? Ok maybe not so much..but it's a lot.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    8MP for 500 HP would be severely over-powered.

PS. BLU has 135 spells (not including the 90-95 spells.)
    (0)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What was intended for bees was not for us. For us it's cure 1. For them it's cure ?.

Bees use the same move from low levels to high, barring possibly unique nms.

At low levels, Pollen for bees is the equivalent to cure 1. At higher levels Cure 1
    1 would be useless and so it has to be scaled up. They can't learn magic fruit.
    (0)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    The only reason I point specifically to pollen is it's "self casted nature". It's this specific category I was examining. The MP is also something that can be scaled. Realistically, SE isn't going to change the programming. I just thoughts this "scaled" idea would have just as valid as learning multiple "moves".

Hopefully, will will get more and higher tier blue job traits to justify the 135 spells, that repeat themselves.
    (0)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ohhh I see.

Yeah that would be nice.
    (0)

The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I just don't see the "why" to do this.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It reminds me of Yunas Pray from FFX.

It could be like a practically free cure which scales much slower than regular
    Cures, kind of like how Boost is spammable.

Not taking it seriously but it could be fun.
    (0)

Character
    Mordryd
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Yeah, I think a self-only cure that's more mp efficient sounds appealing at any level. (Also the ability to cast cures on people outside our party, like everyone else >_>)
    (0)