Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Anyone paying for a chance to lot an item they want, or even paying in advance, is a moron.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Does anyone really use the Lock On translate term like this? I've never seen it used like that on Shiva, and it is a major abuse of the auto translate.
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Toggles View Post
    Inb4 'you don't have to join the shout'
    Why do you ask the questions to which you know the answer?
    (1)

Character
    Exxodus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Does anyone really use the Lock On translate term like this? I've never seen it used like that on Shiva, and it is a major abuse of the auto translate.
    On Sylph at least, lots of players use Lock On to mean that an item is not lottable, both English and Japanese speaking player's alike. I don't think that I would call it a major abuse of the auto-translate feature though.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    I have to say I have never heard of that happening, at least on my server. Whenever I've been doing a zone boss for w/e reason, and someone is there asking for win, I've invited them np, and I don't know anyone who's charged the person needing the win before inviting them. Agreeing with that part, if someone is standing there @ pop spot asking to join for win only, and get told they need to pay, that's a pretty shitty thing to do.
    I would like to introduce you to Malekith on the Asura server. He's constantly shouting for things like:
    Ironclad Pulverizer {Atma of the Razed Ruins} {Do you need it?} Items reserved.
    WAR NIN THF {Can I have it?} 50k Alliance spot for atma. Free for first WAR NIN and THF.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    I would like to introduce you to Malekith on the Asura server. He's constantly shouting for things like:
    Ironclad Pulverizer {Atma of the Razed Ruins} {Do you need it?} Items reserved.
    WAR NIN THF {Can I have it?} 50k Alliance spot for atma. Free for first WAR NIN and THF.
    Oh I'm aware, I wasn't really thinking so much of shouts, more of someone needing win and standing by pop spot asking groups for an invite just for the win, only to be told they want money for it. But yeah, those shouts you're referring to - eh, well, if people actually PAY for that then... Meh.
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    They occasionally use it on Bismarck as well. It's usually a X if taken, and O if open.
    (0)

Character
    Agetos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    the text is so small.. why..
    (0)

Character
    Tedra
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    "My group is retarded enough to think that this tool is a product of the windower team".

How about you take a mintue to re-read my post:

THIS IS NOT A WINDOWER PLUGIN.

WHAT YOU ALL WITNESSED WAS A PLAYER USING A DIFFERENT 3RD PARTY APPLICATION LIKE FFXIAPP OR WIZBOT.

You quoted me then tried to argue against me but didn't even apparantly read my post. My issue with your posts is that you accuse windower.net of offering plugins or services that are just not offered. In all cases what you saw was a player using a botting program like FFXIAPP or Wizbot. However, you slander Windower.net by suggesting this crap is available through them. It is not. You have done no research. You are starting trouble for no reason other than either 1) ignorance or 2) trolling. Sit down, shut up.
    Ok if we leave the method of cheating out of it can we agree that the playing field is not even it anyone is cheating? As in somehow folks can cheat to see mobs first or out pop folks?

As for locking things I don't mind if each person involved in the party is allowed to lock one item. However, when one person locks their item and invite other folks to fight over the rest of the drops it can be a lose lose for the multiple folks wanting the same item.

I remember joining shout groups and always being outbid by the same person. I'm not saying the guy was cheating but what is the chance he would win every seal that dropped in more than one group (six rare seals in a row)? I don't group with him if he is going for the same item as me.

I think if several folks are going for the same seals and its going to be a long group as in farming several pops, the drops should rotate so no one goes home empty handed after four plus hours.

I got super annoyed when I was in a group with a lot of folks from the same ls. I was going against one of their guys for seals and they promised to get mine after he got two. But after he got his seals the group broke up. To this day I won't group with any of them anymore. I can't trust them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neonii; 09-19-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonii View Post
    I remember joining shout groups and always being outbid by the same person. I'm not saying the guy was cheating but what is the chance he would win every seal that dropped in more than one group (six rare seals in a row)? I don't group with him if he is going for the same item as me.
    hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaa

RNG
    (0)

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast