Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    It's all personal preference on play style, I love HS, but I sacrificed inven slots to make it effective, its a damn good spell once its geared right. Take a look at some of the previous posts and try some of the gear sets, you might have better luck.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kwate; 10-05-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    well i sacrifice a lot less inventory using Str gear then using AGI gear for benthic typhoon (i use no other spell that needs agi ;P). most spells use str or str/X. i believe savage blade has a Str mod as well (str/vit i think like a few spells).

as to delta thrust vs heavy strike, 2 deltas would be x6hits (if you land them all) giving the mob a lot of tp. if you really think a mob spamming Abilities on you doesnt matter... your input doesnt really matter. if you're killing EP mobs then sure, go with delta. it will be quicker then dealing with misses.

i would think the best body to use is Magus Jubbah or Loki's Kaftan (for heavy strike).
    (0)
    Last edited by Defiledsickness; 10-08-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Player
    Str/Mnd for Savage Blade... Delta Thrust gives plague, bar NMs because it never lands.
    (1)

Character
    Niloc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Heavy Strike is just such a mixed bag for me right now. I find the spell a fantastic low MP cost to high damage move, and it works great on most lower content (and yes I include visions and scars Abyssea zones in this, and a fair bit of Heroes.). But last night my LS and I were doing Qilin, one of the new end tier VW mobs, basically Kirin v2, and I was utterly useless at him.

My best Vanity Dives were hitting 400-500 (under CA and Efflux, even worse without), any sword WS's failed immensely, and my melee hits were forgetable at best, all the usual spells just failed to do anything note worthy.

This is the sort of fight in which Heavy Strike was supposed to shine in, what it was made for, fights where our current aresnal of spells just don't cut it. But no, Heavy Strike Acc nerf meant even with as much Acc as I could cram into every slot, I missed every single Heavy Strike I did. Please SE re-think the nerf on this, and change it to an increased recast or increased MP cost (or both!), I honestlly don't care about losing a spell thats good on low level content, in exchange for getting a spell that can give us some respect at high level content.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Aren't we just proc monkey for VW like how we used to be at the beginning of Abyssea before the spell fix? I mean how the heck do you get to keep anything worth while (of offensive based) on if you have to keep 3-4 elemental magic spells on (and have to switch them mid fight)? I dont know about anyone else but I have a hard enough time just keeping up with the elemental magic switching and staying out of the way and staying alive (with Fana or Fool to get close enough to cast).
    (0)

Character
    Niloc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well thats an entirely seperate problem of BLU in VW, but it should'nt really come into consideration too much when just talking about how well BLU can deal damage to the final tier NMs right now.

Unless we get lucky and cap out our lights pretty quickly I spend the entire fight rotating spells and literally doing nothing else, and half the time you set all your spells you see someone else hit the proc on BLM etc and have to start all over again is enough to drive me insane, another plea for "Spell sets" prz.

But we do have fights were we cap out red and blue procs swift enough to try some actual DDing on blu, and its a depressing sight.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    Aren't we just proc monkey for VW like how we used to be at the beginning of Abyssea before the spell fix? I mean how the heck do you get to keep anything worth while (of offensive based) on if you have to keep 3-4 elemental magic spells on (and have to switch them mid fight)? I dont know about anyone else but I have a hard enough time just keeping up with the elemental magic switching and staying out of the way and staying alive (with Fana or Fool to get close enough to cast).
    I only reset spells for HQ lights, or when there's particular element that stays for very long time and no one else can get, and even during cool down time I can still contribute like other DDs with temp+WS. SJ is usually /WAR if playing offensively, berserk/warcry helps with WS dmg, and aggressor is useful. /RDM or /WHM if playing in more supportive style, Stoneskin+magic def bonus helps with survive-ability when getting close too, macro in MDT- gear when necessary also helps a lot too.

Heavy strike is good for VW, but in order to land in VW you need A LOT of acc gears. I mean, A LOT. And quite possibly agressor/sushi. Also some spells isn't very useful in VW, so I just remove them and have enough room to set one set of element.

Also BLU isn't just proc monkeys even at the beginning of Abyssea.....I mean, yes, ppl invite BLUs for proc, but doesn't mean you should just stand there and only do procs. There are a lot of other stuff you can do, even if the dmg isn't top tier.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Transmit View Post
    Well thats an entirely seperate problem of BLU in VW, but it should'nt really come into consideration too much when just talking about how well BLU can deal damage to the final tier NMs right now.

Unless we get lucky and cap out our lights pretty quickly I spend the entire fight rotating spells and literally doing nothing else, and half the time you set all your spells you see someone else hit the proc on BLM etc and have to start all over again is enough to drive me insane, another plea for "Spell sets" prz.

But we do have fights were we cap out red and blue procs swift enough to try some actual DDing on blu, and its a depressing sight.
    Since most of the time it's BLM proc, there's really no need to switch spells every second....just do it when no one hit that particular element long enough, and reset on HQ lights, but most of the NQ lights can be ignored tbh.

BLU dmg isn't top tier, but it should be at least on same lv as NIN no? And should be better than PLD? If you want to complain about bad dmg on this job, then probably 50% of jobs on the job list needs to complain too since the only DD that's really good in VW is pretty much just (ukko)WAR and RNG only, everything else is really just there for proc........
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 11-16-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Character
    Niloc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't generally class PLD as a DD at Voidwatch, it's not the role of the job (though good if they can do it along with tanking). BLM, WAR, RNG, MNK, SAM, DRG, DRK, SMN, SCH, COR etc all have reliable ways of doing damage on most final tier VW mobs, sure it's not always stellar damage, but it's good enough to warrent a spot in the alliance. All I'm saying is when SE gives us a spell designed to make us more useful in high end fights like the current final tiers of VW (Which they said themselves it was for), then it's ridiculous that they give it a nerf which makes it useless in the situations it was intended for.
    (1)

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    PLD's TP gain is quite good with shield blocks, what are you guys on about disregarding PLD's damage output? Nevermind it's the only way they have a chance of maintaining hate and that they're generally the one(s) with the highest amount of time spent engaged unless you're using DD tanks.

Setting up for CDC (Fanatic's up) and Regurgitation (when down) has given me far better output than Heavy Strike ever could honestly, and I don't have to worry about being in range (aside from stupid short range procs) when temps are down. As others have mentioned, don't sweat procs aside from HQs and maybe NQs that nobody else has been able to proc if you need lights or temps.
    (1)

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast