Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Testingon HS accuracy

So after a bit of testing, some results. The sample size isnt huge but can certainly get some idea. I would like to know better how to determine margin or error, so if someone could clue me on on that....

Target: Ladybugs (THF), that are either DC or EM and read High evasion when checked. The equipment for melee and tested spells remained the same.

Melee: 1102/2187 (50.39%)

Sudden Lunge: 204/308 (66.23%) +31 acc (expected for most blue spells)

Benethic Typhoon 85/174 (48.85%) -3 acc (likely 0 acc and doesnt recieve +acc that other spells get)

Vanity Dive 160/172 (93.02%) +85acc (I was suprised by this, initally I assumed all spells simply got the +30 bonus but never dropped my melee % low enough on previous tests to determine this. It might actually be more than this.

Heavy Strike: 49/243 (20.16%) -60 (So.....thats 90 acc off a typical blue spell and 145 acc or more from vanity dive. Since I hit the absolute lowest % possible on acc, IT COULD BE WORSE!!!)
    Much worse then I though. -40 is understandable considering the spells cost, but -60~90 is ridiculous and SE is completely off their rocker. I suggest people start making a nice feedback post explaining to SE that the -acc was a little bit too much. They might just change it, who knows.
    (0)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Testingon HS accuracy

Much worse then I though. -40 is understandable considering the spells cost, but -60~90 is ridiculous and SE is completely off their rocker. I suggest people start making a nice feedback post explaining to SE that the -acc was a little bit too much. They might just change it, who knows.
    Yeah that's beyond retarded the acc of the spell is a big f u from se imho they made it unusable it even misses trash mobs....
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Its really ridiculous what this spell has been reduced to...
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Player
    Those results are even more unsettling than Prothescar's Daffy Duck signature. It's pretty much the result I expected to see, but I still feel disappointed somehow.

The epic accuracy of Vanity Dive is interesting to know. I can't think of many situations where I'd find that much bonus accuracy useful, but it's interesting to know all the same.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The abyssmal accuracy is nowhere near worth the damage that Heavy Strike does to high level targets when it actually connects. I suspect that they also lowered the damage, potentially via fTP, of the spell along with adding the accuracy penalty.

It's essentially not worth using over any of our other spells, particularly Vanity Dive or Quad. Continuum as they both get a nice size attack bonus and have reasonable accuracy allowing for at least a serviceable damage potential, if not even close to a real DD.
    (0)

Character
    Demonprince
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar
    The abyssmal accuracy is nowhere near worth the damage that Heavy Strike does to high level targets when it actually connects. I suspect that they also lowered the damage, potentially via fTP, of the spell along with adding the accuracy penalty.

It's essentially not worth using over any of our other spells, particularly Vanity Dive or Quad. Continuum as they both get a nice size attack bonus and have reasonable accuracy allowing for at least a serviceable damage potential, if not even close to a real DD.
    Yeh, it's pretty clear that the spell is now of minimal use on HNMs and other hard targets. I was doing the Hydra in Grauberg[A] and it was basically doing 60-70% of Vanity Dive with or without CA and Efflux. A later test on IT++ pucks showed basically the same thing.

So it rounds out the trio of "low TP-Feed" spells of Vanity Dive, Vertical Cleave, and Heavy Strike, but it's the one in the trio that has trouble hitting, does lower damage than the other two, can't be used with Sneak Attack, and costs the least in MP.

I suppose it still does crazy damage on normal Too Weak to basic IT mobs, but I don't think we ever had trouble with those, so this means the spell is basically "that spell I use on low level mobs with a lot of HPs like Einherjar mobs."
    (0)
    Last edited by Demonofhunger; 09-28-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've barely played since the update, but have had enough time to skill and level up.

I'm really pleased with the increased D of the physical spells and Sudden Lunge.

I've barely even toyed with Heavy Strike, and not sure I even will care for making a build for it until I get into content that needs it. I'll just keep uP to date with others.
    (0)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Sayn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrobunny View Post
    yea its called suck less
    on a another note i may not be "the best" but atleast i dont have to sub thf to make HS hit on VWNM

also winning a agrument on the internet is like wining in the special olympics
    even if u do win your still retarded

edit: and its obvious i wouldint be able to hit anything if i did have decent gear to do so
    Suck less? The people complaining about this spell are (mostly) top-notch blus. Lemme know when you level out of pink shit.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Found another slap in the face with this spell, the fTP was lowered along with the accuracy. Their reasoning behind the accuracy nerf, making it a very powerful spell with a high chance to miss, is completely out the window.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    Found another slap in the face with this spell, the fTP was lowered along with the accuracy. Their reasoning behind the accuracy nerf, making it a very powerful spell with a high chance to miss, is completely out the window.
    Wow... that sounds about right. That's SE up to it's old tricks like usual.
    (0)

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast