Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I hardly ever miss Benthic Typhoon, I almost always miss with heavy strike.
    (0)

Character
    Mordryd
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    You know, I always heard lots of people talking about benthic typhoon 'missing a lot', but I've never seen any hard data to back up any evidence of any acc penalty on that spell, like some claim it has. I always attributed that to a combination of loleyeballing and the fact that multi-hit spells rarely 'miss' outright because they are just that... multi-hit.

Just saying, I wish anyone would ever prove BT had any kind of accuracy penalty before spreading whatever rumors that it misses more.

That said, I am in agreement that heavy strike is a silly thing and should be fixed. Though, I feel that way about a lot of the new spells in this update... (Thunderbolt/barrier tusk especially, perhaps lower mp cost of mortal ray or something)
    (0)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    it's hardly spreading rumors to say that i personally have Benthic Typhoon say "Miss" as much as i've had Heavy strike say "Miss". on EP to IT mobs and NM's. When i have time to start doing some VW i'll write my opinion on the spells 'true purpose'

however, all i hear is how awful heavy strike is. if you dont like it dont use it! for me it varies between 0-5% off of QC's dmg, has less acc but almost a 3rd of the mp cost!

i would imagine fighting lvl 1 mobs you could determine the true acc (as i dont see how you couldnt have capped everything against a lvl 1 mob). maybe if i get bored enough i'll fight something 100times and report back :P since im clearly the only one here who actually likes this spell (trust me i love better acc as much as anyone, i just see more point to this spell as-is then the TA job trait).

btw you can get Heavy strike up to 10k dmg in abyssea with +crit damage
    (0)
    Last edited by Defiledsickness; 09-23-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If your Benthic Typhoon is missing as often as your Heavy Strike then I don't know what to tell you. Heavy Strike has a more than noticeable accuracy deficiency on almost anything I've casted it on, you don't even need testing to see it.
    (5)

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    We should test spell accuracy on level 1 mobs. I've heard it all now.

There's a difference between an accuracy penalty and a hitrate penalty; Heavy Strike has the former whereas your test would reveal the latter.
    (3)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    We should test spell accuracy on level 1 mobs. I've heard it all now.

There's a difference between an accuracy penalty and a hitrate penalty; Heavy Strike has the former whereas your test would reveal the latter.
    This. I've already conducted these tests and confirmed that it isn't a hitrate cap reduction, it's an accuracy penalty akin to Slug Shot/Sidewinder. The exact accuracy penalty I haven't the foggiest idea of, but it's large enough to be a massive hindrance to the spell's usability. Why am I missing 8/10 Heavy Strikes on DC turtles in Tahrongi Canyon, SE?
    (5)

Character
    Mordryd
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Yeah, I was fighting EP dahaks to finally get lolbody slam, and I was still whiffing on heavy strike a good 30% of the time or more.

My earlier comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just that I've heard all sorts of rumors of BT having an acc penalty without an onz of proof beyond 'it seems to miss more'. Again, any single hit is going to 'seem to miss more' when you're used to using multi-hit attacks. It's as absurd as a drk saying slice has an accuracy penalty after getting used to guillotine.
    (0)

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Went BLU/THF to VWNM tonight (T3 pixie Jugner) with a heavy strike and typhoon set up on me. Did SATA on whichever PLD didn't have hate at the time. Heavy Strike always did 2200+ with CA/Efflux and 1500 without. Typhoon never broke 1k.

So, you all play how you want, I'm going to stick to BLU/THF for VWNMs.
    (1)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuharu View Post
    Went BLU/THF to VWNM tonight (T3 pixie Jugner) with a heavy strike and typhoon set up on me. Did SATA on whichever PLD didn't have hate at the time. Heavy Strike always did 2200+ with CA/Efflux and 1500 without. Typhoon never broke 1k.

So, you all play how you want, I'm going to stick to BLU/THF for VWNMs.
    I find your numbers to be likely skewed and tampered with. If you aren't breaking 1k with Benthic with SA but you're doing 2200 with heavy strike something is horribly wrong with your setup or you were not behind the monster when you casted typhoon.

4fTP 60% AGI
    vs.
    2.25fTP 75% STR
    (3)
    Last edited by Prothscar; 09-23-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    I find your numbers to be likely skewed and tampered with. If you aren't breaking 1k with Benthic with SA but you're doing 2200 with heavy strike something is horribly wrong with your setup or you were not behind the monster when you casted typhoon.

4fTP 60% AGI
    vs.
    2.25fTP 75% STR
    go try it out for yourself if you don't believe me. I don't have any way to record fights. But I did just pop a 2882 typhoon on the behemoth one so maybe it was just the pixie.
    (0)

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast