Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Ok my idea for heavy strike is to make it some kind of SneakAttackish style of spell like it was with SAcannonball but w/o needs of subbing /thf.

We seriously have a ton of spells that works on weak/middle defensive mobs. We lack a spell that will work for high def monsters.

So far only way to damage "HNMs" is to sub /thf and force crit on one our strong 1hit spells (Benthic Typhoon, Vanity Dive for example). SE can fix that in two ways. One which is very hard to balance would be based on letting us boost our blue magic attack with spell or equip. Like I wrote it would be hard to balance because it would boost all our spells. second way is to give us spells that are 100% crit or have blue attack bonus attached to it like some weaponskills (Tachi: Gekko for example). Heavy Strike was a very good step in that direction but SE completely destroyed the idea with bad reasoning. They found it overpowered because of abyssea buffs and ability to spam it (low cost low recast). They solve this in a worst possible way because it is still spell that you can spam but only on trash mobs making it just another physical spell to chain with QC,Goblin,Diss etc. Instead of that they should add accuracy bonus to it and let us use it as one reliable source of damage against hard defense monsters and limiting us by middle high recast.

Basically instead of reducing it overtime power they reduced the pull of mobs on which it can be used and that is a fail in my opinion and that should be fix if possible. Camate please throw that idea higher maybe someone from development team will catch it.

EDIT: I know my english is hard to read, sorry
    (2)
    Last edited by Atoreis; 09-18-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Player
    isn't damage garbage now too? somthing like 400 dmg on high deffence mobs even thought its auto critical? AND misses a lot too no matter how much accuracy you get for the spell? ='(
    (0)

Character
    Atoreis
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Granny View Post
    isn't damage garbage now too? somthing like 400 dmg on high deffence mobs even thought its auto critical? AND misses a lot too no matter how much accuracy you get for the spell? ='(
    Damage is fine. 400 sounds like you read Prothscar post about Hahava too. First of all ( I hope he wont be mad at me again ) he wrote "A sample of the damage:
    No CA:

CA:
    1206"

which means its really good stacked with CA (because of very high mod) and actually tells us a little about the damage because Hahava has stances in which it takes very reduced damage. I personally saw 190 200 Fudo while it was resistance to physical and I did 350 CA+Efflux+QC while few moments later I did 290 Delta thrust w/o any buffs.
    (0)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Maybe there is something we're not doing right.

Something which the devs are taking into consideration that we can't see.
    (0)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atoreis View Post
    Damage is fine. 400 sounds like you read Prothscar post about Hahava too. First of all ( I hope he wont be mad at me again ) he wrote "A sample of the damage:
    No CA:

CA:
    1206"

which means its really good stacked with CA (because of very high mod) and actually tells us a little about the damage because Hahava has stances in which it takes very reduced damage. I personally saw 190 200 Fudo while it was resistance to physical and I did 350 CA+Efflux+QC while few moments later I did 290 Delta thrust w/o any buffs.
    Not mad about what you think I was mad about. o.o

In any case, damage isn't terrible considering the target, but I suspect that 95 makes the gap a bit smaller for other DDs, I haven't had a chance to try out Ukko's or Fudo @ 95 on a highish VWNM yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashan View Post

Not too sure about that, I think things just got Tanakified (tm).
    (2)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Question. Aren't physical spells heavily effected by accuracy and blue magic skill, NOT magical "stats", therefore investing in accuracy gear should help out?
    (1)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Physical spells have various modifiers. All physical spells are effected by STR because blue magic attack is calculated with blue magic skill and STR. WSC (secondary modifiers of a spell) can be STR, VIT, DEX, INT, whatever; it's based on the spell. Accuracy helps yes, but until now it was not required to land a spell, and we could focus on modifiers for damage. A physical spell's accuracy is based on your main handed weapon's accuracy and whatever penalties/bonuses that the spell itself receives.
    (1)

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashan View Post

Using BLU against VT+ mobs, evidently.
    (4)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    LMAO Nightfyre xD.
    (0)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Fredrico
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Yeah I'd rather see even a big recast than see it's actual effectiveness take a dive, missing completely is incredibly frustrating.
    (0)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast