Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Also, Whippet, my best advice to you would be to follow my work in progress here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27...-for-a-new-age
    (1)

Character
    Aezelas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    I'm with Byrth. This is some of the worst advice on DNC I've seen anywhere, ever.
    Many agreed on this being a bad advice, but still i dont understand why.
    Oat 2-4 sounds like a good offhand for dnc, as it would help with building tp a lot faster. I'm working on this trial and those posts make me feel like i'm wasting my time.

Can anyone explain why oat2-4 is useless?
    If it really is, maybe i'll switch to DA+10 trial, but i bet it's not any better.

I've read that str-Kila is the offhand of choice. Is it still true now that this new ws has been released?
    Since this ws has agi modifiers, wouldn't we (non Rudra users) benefit more from agi-Kilas than str-Kilas?

Thanks for your answers.
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aezelas View Post
    Many agreed on this being a bad advice, but still i dont understand why.
    Oat 2-4 sounds like a good offhand for dnc, as it would help with building tp a lot faster. I'm working on this trial and those posts make me feel like i'm wasting my time.

Can anyone explain why oat2-4 is useless?
    If it really is, maybe i'll switch to DA+10 trial, but i bet it's not any better.

I've read that str-Kila is the offhand of choice. Is it still true now that this new ws has been released?
    Since this ws has agi modifiers, wouldn't we (non Rudra users) benefit more from agi-Kilas than str-Kilas?

Thanks for your answers.
    Giving you my perspective on the Oat

With a solid haste built (20%+) you can stack up on Double Attack. You can get 100 under 8 Secs (Thats a Max not a Min) allowing ws spamm...

In my experieance Oat 2-4 will speed up the tp gained minimal while disturbing the Damage over time significantly.
    I'd say it not a horrible offhand but by no means awsome.

If you use Saber Dance OaT 2-4 will Disturb DoT even more due to haveing a low dmg dagger in one hand.

If your in a healing situation it will not help either since you can build TP faster then spend anyway.

.Also the OaT is Tp feed.
    -Its cool to Singleweild to Proc since dmg will not matter.
    (0)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    OA2-4: Low damage, high delay. It's crap, except for support situations - situations in which DNC does not excel and you should probably come as a different job that does it better. Saber Dance marginalizes the dagger even further, when you can put it up.

AGI dagger: Useful for evading things, but if you have a mage with you, who cares. AGI is a modifier on the WS, but STR+11 Attack+22 will increase the damage of every melee hit and affects all of your WS as well.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2