Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Yandaime
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90

Abyssea XP: Worms?!?

Let me just say, that I have never been in a party that clocked xp as quickly as Dominion Ops: Altep but I am not against xping in old zones at all (running laps from camp to book gets very old very quickly lol)

But lately there has been this phenomenon of people making parties for Abyssea - La Thiene, which is great, I love La Thiene... But why in the name of Altana do they keep making parties for Worms?!?

Of all the monsters you could kill in this zone, you chose the one mob that:
    * Does not Move (Cant pull it)
    * Casts
    * Links (which results in links when worms pop up near the one your fighting)
    * Has that silly Acid Spit move that drops a person's Attack -25% (I REALLY Hate that move...)
    * Has the NM worm Megamaw Mikey which spawns every 10-15 minutes right in the middle of camp just waiting to "/monkey wrench" your party

Man I'm honestly stumped by this... when I asked the party leaders why they chose these unusual mobs, all I could get was "These are squishy"... At this point we all know that anything in Visions is squishy once your 83+ lol but Ill leave that alone...

Why not Frogs?
    *Super Squishy as well
    *Uses no TP moves, making for easier healing
    *Easy to pull
    *Lots of them in the Area

Or How about Flies
    *Low Defense
    *Occasionally uses Cursed Sphere but it doesn't hurt much at all
    *Easy to pull
    *Lots of them in the Area

Or birds/Rabbits/Bees? lol but Worms? I'm honestly stumped, it's a move that makes 0 sense to me. Of all the things to fight, you pick one of the most annoying and I cant imagine there's a good reason lol. Can someone help me out here? I'm clearly missing something
    (3)
    = He who hesitates is lost = (dont remember who's quote this is but I like it)

Character
    Zatias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Squishy, BLM can Ga or Ja them to all hell, and that's the point that they don't move. Injured DD can run away from them, and the BLM have no fear of being interrupted.

The Accuracy and Attack down are close to nothing if your pt is good, because Stalwart's Tonic keeps them from happening at all. Meaning lots of temporary chests = no acc/atk down.
    (5)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Personally I find altepa dolls to be very slow even in the best parties. There are far faster ways to exp then pull 5, kill, go get new page.

In the time you go get a new page, my exp group has already made 14k exp and is pulling the next batch of 15 mobs while the keyer gets us another 3-4k. The issue is it requires accepting that you arent doing pages which seems to be a hard book to sell to people.

Its like back in the day with 'no ruby!' parties.
    (5)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If the DDs don't suck (unfortunately they usually do), Megamaw Mikey is a complete joke too.
    (2)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    If the DDs don't suck (unfortunately they usually do), Megamaw Mikey is a complete joke too.
    1 Emp DD and 1 WHM can kill Mikey, there shouldn't be any problems with a whole alliance killing Mikey.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    1 Emp DD and 1 WHM can kill Mikey, there shouldn't be any problems with a whole alliance killing Mikey.
    You would think so, lol. Unfortunately I have seen MM wiping out nearly all the DDs more than once.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    You would think so, lol. Unfortunately I have seen MM wiping out nearly all the DDs more than once.
    Reason being is most are too lazy to skill up their new 90 jobs on their own to a decent number like 200. Spamming Iron tempest on MM can make it do pretty slow.
    (2)

Character
    Zatias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Megamaw is my friend. He helps me rid the party of AFKers.
    (8)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatias View Post
    Megamaw is my friend. He helps me rid the party of AFKers.
    Bonus points in having a WHM friend curebomb you while Mikey is spamming -ga next to the afkers.
    (2)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    On topic, however.

Frogs suck because even though they are faster to kill, they don't seem to go above T and you can't cap out 600+ per kill like you could with worms (last I checked with frogs at 90 however, was a long time ago). And they hit you like a truck, if you aren't evasive, and you pull, you will get your butt handed to you easy if there is no WHM curebombing you.

Sure, they don't have any TP moves, but they do still hurt. 15+ trucks on you and you will get run over.

But Puks next to 05 are better than frogs, and nobody exps on them either. Which is what my linkshell does when we are CW/FC burning.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast