Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I just want more, or higher tiers, or both, Enfeebling and Enhancing Magic so that I have a more worthwhile role in an alliance setting against hard enemies. I really want them to buff the mage side of the job. Melee is fun and all, but I dont see the use for it against things that actually matter, things you would take a full alliance to. I'd welcome getting all the sword WSs and a better range of WS gear of course, but Melee for me is just be for fun. I see no place for melee on tough endgame mobs, nor do I want to try and wedge myself into a melee role there, I feel I'd be more worthwhile leaving the melee do dedicated melees whilst I take out my staves and support from the rear. I'm content doing melee stuff in other areas of the game.

But in full on alliance difficult HNM fights, I dont feel like I play as big a role as I could. And that's what I'd like to see changed. As mentioned a hundred times, making merit spells obtainable from scrolls and the merits affect potency would be welcome. These are the sorts of spells I'd like to see added:
    Aquaviel II (Target castable Aquaviel, similar to Phalanx II)
    Stoneskin II (Increased cast time/recast/more damage absorbed)
    A Spell negating/reducing damage from severe attacks like Brd and Nin get.
    Dispelga (Doesn't have to dispel everything, maybe at max 2 or 3 buffs, but wouldn't get eaten by utsusemi shadow)
    Debuff spells that inflict statuses such as Inhibit TP, Plague or Amnesia (Plague doesn't need to be strong, and amnesia could be inaccurate with short duration).
    Debuffs that inflict statuses like Attack Down, Defence Down, Magic Attack Down, Magic Defence Down, Evasion Down, Magic Evasion Down that aren't linked to other properties such as DoT or -movement.

Some of those sorts of things and I'd be happy with Rdm's mage side.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    [Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.] if nothing else RDM is needed for triggers.....

PS. To the previous post "Evasion down and -movement speed" exists it's called Gravity, and Gravity 2 is coming.
    (0)
    Last edited by Enkrateia; 09-21-2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Inflammatory comments.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    [Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.] if nothing else RDM is needed for triggers.....

PS. To the previous post "Evasion down and -movement speed" exists it's called Gravity, and Gravity 2 is coming.
    LOL

The evasion down effect of gravity is -10 and lasts a few seconds. On top of that, it doesn't work on NMs.

So ... try again?
    (0)
    Last edited by Enkrateia; 09-21-2011 at 11:52 PM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    And if you must be asinine, here is exactly what I'm talking about.

-40 Evasion
    -25% Defense
    -25% Attack
    -12.5% Attack, Defense -20 Evasion and Accuracy

They already exist, it would be trivial for SE to make spell forms of these type of debuffs. Monsters already use various moves to inflict upon us, attack down, defense down, accuracy down, evasion down, magic attack down, magic defense down, and possibly magic evasion down.

Those are the debuffs we need, that won't be resisted by NM's.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    LOL

The evasion down effect of gravity is -10 and lasts a few seconds. On top of that, it doesn't work on NMs.

So ... try again?
    It's that low? seriously?

Anyway, my point was most that Gravity 2 was coming with the enfeebling fix so will less likely be crazy movement speed and more Evasion down.
    (1)

Player
    The problem is NMs building resistance/immune, otherwise it should last ~30 seconds minimum unresisted. Of course, most of the NMs it does last on Post RoZ it doesn't matter because you could probably kill it faster without gravity.

T2 needs to be a sizeable upgrade over the T1 and/or the weight effect's move speed reduction and evasion effects need to be considered separate effects since SE apparently has an issue with move speed reduction on NMs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 09-21-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    It's that low? seriously?

Anyway, my point was most that Gravity 2 was coming with the enfeebling fix so will less likely be crazy movement speed and more Evasion down.
    Gravity is more about slowing down the mobs movement, the evasion down effect is just a kinda there, but the monster will be moving usually so melee's chasing it.

And wiki is lieing, Gravity doesn't last 120s, more like 60s tops on an unresistant normal mob. On any NM your lucky to get 10s or more if the NM isn't straight immune like all the newer ones are.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2