Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Gokuhan
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 71

FFXI Ultimate Collection for 360 "Out of Stock"?

I purchased this from the SE store yesterday because the PS2/3 freezing issue has become unbearable for me. The site told me that the item was in stock and let me order it. I have received an email today telling me the item is back ordered and doesn't mention when it will come in.

I'm just curious if anyone else had this issue and never received their game. I'm worried the game may be perma-sold out and will not be replaced. Gamestop no longer carries the game and a new copy on Amazon is stupid expensive. What sucks is I already own a 360 copy but had to replace my system a while back and my copy won't even start up on a 2nd 360.

Thanks for any input from someone who has had this issue.
    (2)

Character
    Maacha
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 95
    You're probably better off getting the PC version, the 360 version has similar freezing issues as the PS2/3 does. Any PC less than 8 years old is able to play FFXI, and you can still use a controller since you're probably used to it (Logitech is what I use on PC).

It's entirely possible that the game is out of print for both consoles now, even if it's still listed on the SE website. Amazon.com lists the 360 version for over $100 from 3rd party sellers, and most other stores don't list it at all anymore.

edit: I tried putting the 360 version in my shopping cart on the SE site, and it says "Out of Stock"
    (2)
    Last edited by Maacha; 09-15-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Get the PC version. Hook your PC up to your TV if you want the couch experience, and plug in an xbox controller if you want to use a controller.
    (1)

Player
    Your best bet is to pick up the PC version and whatever kind of controller you enjoy for it. I use a keyboard for FFXI, but Logitech makes several models that are basically a PS2/3 controller you won't need to dig up Chinese drivers for.

Any console version is probably more difficult to find than a forest fire at the North Pole, at this point.
    (1)

Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Is there another version of FFXI coming out? Before each 'collection" came out, the previous one would go out of print for a while. Maybe there's another super-mega collection coming out for 360. I really don't think they'd completely stop making discs permanently if the game is still accepting new accounts.
    (1)
    I believe it's entirely possible to promote ideas and feedback without resorting to screaming matches, troll-fests, or unnecessary self-aggrandizement with heavy-handed condescension. SE is much more likely to listen to reasonable posts rather than screaming matches. Speak like an adult, if you wish to be treated like one.

Character
    Maacha
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 95
    The latest Ultimate Collection, the Abyssea edition, was PC download only. The didn't print ANY discs for it, not even in Japan as far as I can tell.
    (0)

Incoming Xbox 360 limitations
    (0)

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I play on my PC and use a wireless xbox 360 controller. You should be able to pick up a wireless extender kit for your PC for about 20 bucks.
    (0)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Could buy it off amazon.com
    (0)

Character
    Gokuhan
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 71
    Thanks for the input everyone. I'm not sure my PC could play this well if at all. 1 is a refurbished office PC and the other, while new enough to run Vista, has no upgrades to the graphics card at all and I'd need a new power supply if I did what to upgrade my card. I tried playing a free to play MMO with a friend and even on the lowest settings it lagged so badly I couldn't play it.

Is there a test program still around for XI like they have/had for XIV? I'd want to know for sure if it would play before I throw money at it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast