Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12

Gorefang Hobs and Audacious Anna - Same item name!?

I personally like to carry around quite a few pets on me, and macro in to call a specific beast.

Only just recently I realised that both the Burning Carrion Broth and the Bubbling Carrion Broth both use the same short name. B. Carrion Broth.

Now maybe it's just being pedantic, but I'm not really a fan of using a macro and having to be lucky on the actual beast I call, Please SE change this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 10-02-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Magian trial weapons. SE fix them.

Not even kidding, I know very well what you mean, it annoys the crap out of me, wanting to macro something, and the macro actually works, but swaps the wrong staff in. Just stupid.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Vistaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I feel your pain but at the moment our best bet is to be prepared pertaining to the situation at hand as far as the weapons go (I have 8 axes all named the same thing) and be ready to move the ones we need to sack/satchel. Inconvenient I know, but them being named the same thing is both a gift and a curse. Consequently those particular jugs are subject to the same problem. Only means we are going to have to be more active in what we move in and out of our inventory. I pretty much go into any given situation with almost a "wing it" plan and go from there moving things around as I see fit. Again its not conducive to the most ideal situation but hey being a career bst your forever making changes on the fly haha. What I did with my mdb axes was left them at +1 so i could make a separate macro so i didn't have to worry about the mix up for quick swaps but that meant making another set of mdb axes for that special occasion i need the extra help lol.
    (0)

While I do agree the name should be changed for the sake of ease, you should be able to fix your current macro problem by using the full names. I.E. /equip ammo "Jug of burning carrion broth".
    (0)

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Two thoughts;
    1) You do not have to use Auto-translate in your macros, you can type out the actual name and it will work, which completely solves your problem.
    2) Why would you ever need to carry around / call an Audacious Anne?

edit- On that note, why would you need to carry around Hobs? lol Rabbit is a better DD, Ladybug is a better evasion tank, Sheep is a better HP tank.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
    Two thoughts;
    1) You do not have to use Auto-translate in your macros, you can type out the actual name and it will work, which completely solves your problem.

edit- On that note, why would you need to carry around Hobs? lol Rabbit is a better DD, Ladybug is a better evasion tank, Sheep is a better HP tank.
    I like to use Random pets.

PS. I'll be honest, I always Assumed you had to use the name it displayed IE. B. Carrion Broth
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
    Two thoughts;

In my personal experience tiger has a pretty potent paralyze, I'm temped to say it rivals rdm's paralyze II.... It can last over 2 mins, and his paralyze effect proc on average 10~15 times before it wears. On High level NMs I do not really see much DD difference between Tiger and Bunny.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Where the REady moves between hobs and lulush are comparable, I really don't think lulush matches up to hobs Attack power. Needs more testing, but I'm pretty confident to say Hobs is top class dd pet.

Also hobs has movement speed.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Ultimare
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I took the liberty of doing some simple tests between Lucky Lulush and GorefangHobs. I tested 10 regular, non critical hit attacks on Tiny Mandragora outside Windurst. Afterword, I tested Foot Kick and Razor Fang. I didn't take my gear off, but I did make sure it never changed.

Lucky Lulush's average attack damage was 497.4
    GorefangHobs average attack damage was 499.7

Not much of a difference considering I only tested and averaged 10 attacks.

10 Foot Kicks averaged 919.8 damage
    4 Razor Fangs averaged 1521.25 damage (I stopped at 4 because it was pretty obvious who won.)

This is actually backward from what I expected to see. I could have sworn Lucky Lulush was doing more damage with foot kick in an Abyssea-Altepa party fighting Dolls. I wonder if it had something to do with damage types.
    (0)

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Outside of abyssea is a totally different matter, and Tiger would probably win.
    Inside, I cannot possibly see a pet without a crit WS beating one that does. Especially since all the p calculations are most likely capped inside.
    That's like saying Sidewinders would beat Jishnu's.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast