Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Fiyaro
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I use the sheep or tiger or dipper or something else depending on what the situation calls for. A good bst will get to learn what jug is best for a situation just as us old school bsts learned what mobs were the best to charm for the target prey when you were soloing from 1-75. Chain 9 solo bst? Cake
    (0)
    Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, you would cry your eyes out if you didn't.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    Question about that frog, It says level 23-29 is that the level of the jug to use it or the level of the pet?

If its the level of the pet no one will waste their time with it. lol
    The level it goes upto, since it would just say Level 23 if it was about when it could be used.
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Him name is Hopkin Green Frog.

As for the question I usually just toss sheep if it's normal monsters, content that requires no special effort, or if I need more of a meat shield. I prefer Sashra for any NM that isn't going to be a constant string of OH SHIT moments but still requires some time to beat down. Yuly I pretty much relegate to farming and those NMs where wind resistance/evasion is specifically useful. I would like to use Broncha, but I can never be bothered to deal with those stupid unstacking moles to make the broth.

Fatso I tend to only use during water-heavy fights. I was extremely unimpressed with Seighard when he first came out, though I've since learned that he's got some measure of fire reduction... I'll probably try Itzy out with him sooner or later. I like Anna for a few fights where things still have high evasion, like Simurgh. I try to always open with Gerard now at 100+ TP so I can start right off with Purulent Ooze for the 10% HP down. I've never really given much of a damn about Lulush, though I probably should(I do at least have jug mats stocked up if the need grabs me).

Interesting to hear that they put Louise's special traits on the old funguar. Haha, must have been fun for people who were leveling BST recently and were using that jug. Or at least, I'm guessing it got an amusing power boost in some way.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    Him name is Hopkin Green Frog.

As for the question I usually just toss sheep if it's normal monsters, content that requires no special effort, or if I need more of a meat shield. I prefer Sashra for any NM that isn't going to be a constant string of OH SHIT moments but still requires some time to beat down. Yuly I pretty much relegate to farming and those NMs where wind resistance/evasion is specifically useful. I would like to use Broncha, but I can never be bothered to deal with those stupid unstacking moles to make the broth.

Fatso I tend to only use during water-heavy fights. I was extremely unimpressed with Seighard when he first came out, though I've since learned that he's got some measure of fire reduction... I'll probably try Itzy out with him sooner or later. I like Anna for a few fights where things still have high evasion, like Simurgh. I try to always open with Gerard now at 100+ TP so I can start right off with Purulent Ooze for the 10% HP down. I've never really given much of a damn about Lulush, though I probably should(I do at least have jug mats stocked up if the need grabs me).

Interesting to hear that they put Louise's special traits on the old funguar. Haha, must have been fun for people who were leveling BST recently and were using that jug. Or at least, I'm guessing it got an amusing power boost in some way.
    Probably Louise's: 35~40% Crit Hit rate.
    (0)

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Michae View Post
    I use the sheep or tiger or dipper or something else depending on what the situation calls for. A good bst will get to learn what jug is best for a situation just as us old school bsts learned what mobs were the best to charm for the target prey when you were soloing from 1-75. Chain 9 solo bst? Cake
    Very few things are hard enough to deem this necessary. I would akin the bst pet situation to the old BLM problem of Thunder outclassing even the element a mob is weak too.
    Should I use a slug against an Ironclad? Yes, for obvious reasons, but I would still rather use a rabbit/tiger and kill it 10x faster. Same for water resistance against Sedna

I see it coming down to: is it hard? use ladybug, is it not? use rabbit/tiger. Magian Axe selection I see being more important than jug selection tbh.

I would like to see more situational pets like we had before, or make the ones we have now more relevant by adding appropriatly difficult mobs.

Edit: I find it interesting you don't use the highest DPS pet at all and try and find a use for the raptor lol. To each his own :P
    (0)
    Last edited by Shadowsong; 10-24-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I like taking slug on Groups fights against NM's. Starting off w/ Purulent ooze on something w/ lots of hitpoints is very nice, then throwing corrosive ooze on it as well acts as a huge attack and def buff to the entire party, Enslow as well.

Slug has debuffs that specifically help a group w/ a big NM. Drop 10% of its HP right off the bat, then 33% of its attack and defense. Its especially helpful for physical AoE attacks.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Fiyaro
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
    Edit: I find it interesting you don't use the highest DPS pet at all and try and find a use for the raptor lol. To each his own :P
    LoL u missed "or soemthing else" I see
    (0)
    Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, you would cry your eyes out if you didn't.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    just as a follow up, corrosive ooze made a big difference in taking down lost fairy ring w/ a bst and smn party. 4x diabolos works great, but takes awhile. corrosive ooze speeds it up alot. but you are tossing pets pretty quickly.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Freebytes
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I really liked the suggestion to name him Battletoad... however, naming him Zitz, Rash, or Pimple would be good too. Just to go with the theme.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    They'd just have to throw on some minor gears and he can be a honorary member of the battletoad team. As long as it's not Slippytoad and starts screaming for help to you in /say while running in circles when it's HP gets low. I don't know, might be worth the few laughs since it's not going to ever be used over other pets on a regular basis.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast