Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Which Jug do you use the most?

While reading thru the discussion and voting for a new jug, I got to thinking.. Which jugs do you use the most now?

I can tell you easily that I use mostly Lucky Lulush and Dipper Yuly.
    I Use Yuly for an EVA tank and for Treasure Hunter
    I use Lulush for the nice variety of abilities:
    Strong physical Ready moves, both AoE and Single target
    Wild Carrot for curing support
    Low ready move cost for abilties

I imagine most players use Nazuna alot still. I think this will fall off as we approach level 99. Even though nazuna is the clear winner for highest HP and low price, the level cap is going to show more and more. I'm not really thrilled to think about using BA merits myself.

I really like the selection we have now, there are so many specialized abilities and traits to your jugs, we have alot of use for them. It is a wonderful contrast to the jugs that were available at level 75 (or not available due to cost & difficulty to obtain)

Yuly - EVA Tank - wind elemental Tank - TH
    Lulush - Variety of useful abilities
    Fargann - Water elemental tank
    Nazuna - HP TANK
    Shasra, Clyvonne - Awesome Kiters - good dd(although almost no need to kite anymore)
    Louise - for darkness resistance tanking
    Broncha Has Dispel and high general magic resist (hgher than player and other pets)
    Merle is unique (and I like), but I really can't say when merle is better than others except for blunt damage attacks.

The rest are good but I can't say they stand out in any unique usefuleness.
    Cetas
    Anna
    Sieghard
    Hulio

They have unique abilities, but I can't say they have niches.. Please share if you know a particular use where these pets accel above the rest.

I'm the kind of bst who usually carries as many jug types as possible (still have a stack of carrie even though she's outdated, the -mdt is very potent)
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I do mostly Dynamis and Nyzul, and a few abby NMs here and there with BST, and I most often find myself using Lulu. Reason being that when I do things with groups on BST it's always with other BST, so we choose pets according to our targets and Lulu's p. rad support. I like to use Louise when I have time to gather materials for her jugs and harass one of my buddies to help me with crafting, but that doesn't happen on a regular enough basis for me to use Louise more often.
    (0)

I try not to get bogged down into a "best pet" mentality. I get questions a lot on my server about bst and that one comes up a lot "wats the best jug"

I always tell them to stop thinking that way, and instead LEARN the pro's and con's of each jug in your arsenal. This is also why i dont mind my BA merits. They give me more pet options wich in turn makes me stronger.

There are still some jugs i dont use, mainly because i dont find value in them. like sieghard and julio.

But i would say i use the rest of them often enuf.
    (0)

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    80% of the time I use Rabbit (easy - moderate things, AoE farming)
    20% of the time I use Ladybug (hard things)
    Leech + Slug + Mandy are situational

Never purchased another jug besides these once I saw how bad they were
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If it wasn't for price reasons I'd probably be using DipperYuly most of the times, but it would become a moneysinker so mainly I just throw NurseryNazuna since it's very cheap :P

/enters inside a bunker in an attempt to survive the incoming overload of attack posts xD
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    If it wasn't for price reasons I'd probably be using DipperYuly most of the times, but it would become a moneysinker so mainly I just throw NurseryNazuna since it's very cheap :P

/enters inside a bunker in an attempt to survive the incoming overload of attack posts xD
    Nothing wrong with that... Personally I always use Sheep for things like WoE and stuff TH has no effect on, and I don't need a High-Evasion pet.
    (0)

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    I have no problem with sheep. It's the BSTs running around with the lizard and fly that make me scratch my head.
    Isn't rabbit just as cheap now anyway, removing the only reason to get a sheep?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
    I have no problem with sheep. It's the BSTs running around with the lizard and fly that make me scratch my head.
    Isn't rabbit just as cheap now anyway, removing the only reason to get a sheep?
    If you buy it from the AH not if you make it.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I still haven't burned through the 5 stacks of sheep and 18 stacks of leechs I made. I'll skip on the smiley and the slug for the time being in favor of the awsomeness of hippo that is to come. If I run out before then, I'll probably make some tigers.
    (0)

Since you're discussing the different pros and cons of some of the pets that Mocchi confirmed some issues with, I want to pass along what he wrote today.

Regarding Funguar Familiar and Discreet Louise
    We have confirmed that the parameters that should be attached to Discreet Louise are actually attached to the Funguar Familiar. This is definitely a bug, so we will get this issue fixed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

About Presto Julio's slow attack speed interval
    We decided to set its attack speed interval a bit longer in order to balance out the fact that it has multiple abilities that cause status ailments. However, we promised to revise Plantoid pets, so based on your feedback we will work on shortening its attack interval around the same time as the previously mentioned bug fix.

We also confirmed an issue where Doom wasn't taking effect against avatars and pets in Dynamis-Tavnazia and we're currently working on a fix.

…with that said, we have been working towards adding another pet that can be used as a fun mascot-type of pet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	932
    How to obtain: Purchased from NPC (planned to be inexpensive)
    Attacks: Normal attacks only (No special abilities)
    Levels: 23-29
    (16)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast