Character
    Fredrico
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90

Blu Job Ablility Ideas

I figured Blue Mage could use a few more job abilities and there didn't seem to be a thread for just those ideas. Here goes.

Equilibrium: If activated with less than 100 TP, converts the necessary MP into TP. If activated with greater than or equal to 100 TP, converts all TP into MP.
    Cooldown 2 minutes.

I've always been annoyed with the problem that arises with chain affinity. You can either wait for it to finish it's cooldown, or weaponskill and hope you get enough tp by the time the cooldown is ready to use it again immediately. This job ability would solve that problem, allowing you to reach 100 tp instantly at the cost of 1-100 mp depending on how much tp you already had when it was activated. On the flip side if you're in need of mp, or you're not in a position where you want to weaponskill, you can convert that tp back into your mp pool instead. You could use this as a tool in all sorts of ways, like getting a quick weaponskill off like flat blade, or kickstart your aftermath effect. If you're fighting a monster too tough for physical damage, you still get the benefit of your melee strikes in returning an extra 100-300 mp back.
    (2)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Rather than an entirely new ability, here's a way to improve one:

Make HNM spells normal settable spells (they aren't worth of a 5 min recast JA at the moment, let's be real) and turn Unbridled Knowledge into an ability that unlocks our entire spell list for 1 spell. Boom girl, flowah.
    (1)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Anything I can use offensively to claim Gukumatz.
    (0)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Player
    Oh... how great this entire time I was thinking the ability was worth a damn... I been trying to find out for a while what Unbridled Knowledge did... So basically... Only works if you go and get those 2 spells. What a disappointment. I was hoping it would allow you to use all spells for a limited time. /sigh for spell set change for procs. Oh well.
    (0)

Character
    Fredrico
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Yeah I don't mind what they did with unbridled knowledge, but the 2 spells they gave us off that bat were silly. Should have been one big nuke, and one big physical spell. Should have added the more situational ones later.
    (0)

Character
    Joyroth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I was thinking. Would it be awesome for us Blue Mages to turn into a soulflare during Azure Lore?
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyroth View Post
    I was thinking. Would it be awesome for us Blue Mages to turn into a soulflare during Azure Lore?
    Not this again.... aside from the lore and being a fanboy, what would this honestly achieve? Not to mention when one goes soulflayer, they cannot go back, so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?