Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Dynamis: high tier fight = low tier reward

It has been 4 months and 4 days since Dynamis received its fateful changes, and we soon face the transformation of the CoP areas as well. In light of this, I would like to raise an issue which I feel has received too little attention.

Subject:
    The harder enemies in Dynamis boast little to no incentive for killing. The difficulty vs. reward does not properly scale.

Elaboration:
    The higher tier NMs and neo boss of each zone have a few pieces of gear, though only about 4 or 5 of these pieces of gear are even situationally useful, 3 of which could admittedly be considered really good: the oneiros grip, avesta bangles, and sagasinger from Jeuno, Beaucedine, and Xarcabard neobosses, respectively.

The amount of work required to farm, pop, and kill the neoboss of a zone can be a little bit ridiculous, however, and even should you manage all that, there is a chance that the neoboss will drop nothing. Yes, I just finished a Jeuno neoboss kill where we had TH6 on him and he dropped nothing. Even when he doesn't drop nothing, we tend to wind up with the other drops we don't really want. Out of 8 Jeuno neoboss kills, we have gotten 1 oneiros grip. Out of 4 Beaucedine neoboss kills, we have gotten 1 set of avesta bangles. As far as Xarc goes, we've tried, but we just don't have enough members to take down Arch Dynamis Lord.

The reason I say it's backwards is because higher tier enemies (the EM-IT enemies in Dynamis) have the same currency drop rate as the lower tier enemies, and CURRENCY is the major draw to dynamis. Yes, that's right, it's possible to solo a relic weapon if you have enough time on your hands, but it takes half a dozen people if you want a 25% chance at an Oneiros Cluster. This is my primary complaint right now. Why would people join my Dynamis LS when they can solo everything they want from Dynamis? How do I reward the players who stay in my LS without simply just farming low tier stuff every run to maximize our currency?

Proposed solutions:
    1. Double the drop rate of currency from higher tier normal enemies.
    2. Triple the hundo drop rate on the 4 neo NMs in each zone.
    3. Make it so the neo boss of each city zone has a 100% drop rate on a hundo. 2 for Arch Angra, all 3 for Arch D.Lord.
    4. Revisit the stats on most of the oneiros and demonry equipment.
    5. When you add the ability augment relic armor, make higher tier augmenting items which drop from the higher tier enemies.

In closing:
    I would like to point out that I'm not saying Dynamis is too hard; if anything, I would like it to be even harder. I'm merely disgusted with the lack of incentive for attempting to fight the higher tier enemies. It reminds me Diabolos in Dynamis - Tavnazia. My LS has managed over 30 kills on individual versions of Diabolos, and we were even the first LS to kill all 4 versions in a single run (back when the level cap was still 75), yet we have never seen ANYTHING drop off Diabolos. Higher in difficulty than simply farming the normal enemies in Tav, yet there was 0 reward for doing so.
    (24)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    kind of the same issue as voidwatch, lots of work for small rewards
    (10)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Proposed solutions:
    1. Double the drop rate of currency from higher tier normal enemies.
    2. Triple the hundo drop rate on the 4 neo NMs in each zone.
    3. Make it so the neo boss of each city zone has a 100% drop rate on a hundo. 2 for Arch Angra, all 3 for Arch D.Lord.
    4. Revisit the stats on most of the oneiros and demonry equipment.
    5. When you add the ability augment relic armor, make higher tier augmenting items which drop from the higher tier enemies.
    All of this sounds awesome. Groups shouldn't be punished for fighting more challenging monsters, they should be rewarded.
    (6)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    100% agree. There's no reason to go deep inside and fight the stronger enemies when they don't have a higher droprate on anything. The only conceivable reason is if you're going with more than a few people and you're too strong to proc the weaker monsters before they die, and even that is rarely an issue because you can just fight the monsters that proc with JAs or spells instead of the weaponskill ones.

Greater risk should always be greater reward. The proposed suggestion is more or less reasonable in scope and a good suggestion overall. Maybe fiddle with the exact numbers a bit, but that's not really important.
    (11)

Player
    This is the issue I had with Dynamis the second SE announced they were redoing the zones.

What are the incentives for people who arent doing currency for a relic? The drops from the high tier mobs are largely throwaway junk and the HQ mobs are laughable. It's like the gear was purposely intended to be inferior to Abyssean loot.

Arch DL is implemented poorly (another zergfest SE? really?), the lootpools are shallow for battles that want more than 6 and there are no long term objectives. Relic+1/2 I guess huh.
    (6)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Agree, but I don't feel doubling single rates or tripling 100 rates really cuts it.

It takes more than twice as long to kill the EM-T mobs, and that won't change much at 95 because they are that much harder and that much dangerous if they are the wrong mob type.

The Neo-NMs take significantly longer to kill than fighting 5 regular NMs at a time, and a 3x increase of 1~5% drop rate on 100s isn't really that much of a boost and over the long run won't even be noticeable for some groups.
    (3)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Better idea: Make Relics actually worth the effort so people will actually want to do Dynamis.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Better idea: Make Relics actually worth the effort so people will actually want to do Dynamis.
    agreed i wanna charge more gil for currency
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Player
    One problem I have with the dynamis system is that the pops are in horrible locations (usually). I'm fairly certain most of the NMs could be lowmanned, especially @95, except the pops that are right in the middle of a thousand mobs. It's not practical to force an alliance of people against bosses like arch DL when everybody wants to use their 2-hours/day to farm currency.

Make confrontation status allow you to evade aggro.
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Make confrontation status allow you to evade aggro.
    "Confrontation" status was supposed to be effectively a spontaneous BC.... It's pretty silly that crap can aggro you while you're doing it and other people can't help you because of the status. Please, implement his suggestion.
    (3)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast