Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogenta View Post
    It's painful to farm TE in Jeuno and actually do a full LS run. Last TE, the one on the upper floor, pretty much always results in a massive link with goblins downstairs. Windurst is a little more friendly imho, but still not a top choice for farming.

Well how my LS does it, a BLU solos the TE by the fountain. A Sleeper and a DD go over and kill the TE by the AH. Then another BLU gets the TE inside the palace. Usually what I do is have someone with twilight set like myself or someone else just agro all the mobs for the TE up top on the west wall and die over by the mega boss pop spot. Very easy sack pull to kill the TE. The TE in front of the palace is the last we get because most of the time we camp half the group in front of the palace and the other half at the mega boss pop spot. Not sure if it would help you at all but just throwing that out there in case it does.
    (0)

Jeuno is a great place for 100's Camp in front of the palace just in front of the steps and pull the mobs and wait for the NMs to pop. You have access for 4-5 NMs all the time in that camp. Don't forget once you clear the front of the palace you got an NM that spawns down by the fountain. Its really your highest concentrated population of NMs.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    That is certainly true about Jeuno, the NM concentration is enormous there. The other 3 cities only have a handful of NMs, Beauc has a crapton of NMs, but they're all lotto pops. In Jeuno, it seems like the NMs are lotto pops of one another, so kill an NM, get another NM when he repops (though it might be a different NM, just in the same place). So if you're ok with random hundos and can hit those timestones, Jeuno's a good place to farm currency.

It's also the worst of the cities for neo NMs though.
    (0)

I would say that Windurst is the worst for the cities, due to the incredibly dumb placement of the TEs. Two of them are extremely deep into the VT mobs area.
    (0)

Character
    Kogenta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's absurd you have to send a twilight set DD to farm TE just for the autoreraise. It's a turnaround, and i'd imagine at some point this DD will die under a mob and need a sackpull to get up and out of that hell made of NM and little fucking NIN and RNG goblins. We had a THF sackpulling all the TEs from the beginning just to keep the ally safe since most of them were /dnc and jig wears off pretty fast. This plus the incredible amount of mobs and lack of safe spots to re-jig, can be stressfull.

We did Jeuno exactly for the incredible amount of NMs, but even if we managed to trigger !! for the 90% of them, still we got ZERO hundreds. 5/5 Time extensions. Even in other areas the droprate of 100 on triggered NMs is quite low. Is it normal or am i doing it wrong? <___<
    (0)
    Last edited by Kogenta; 09-18-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    stagger doesn't effect 100s so that's sort of not important
    (0)

Character
    Kogenta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rearden View Post
    stagger doesn't effect 100s so that's sort of not important
    As i suspected -_- Well this is amusingly illogic. Thanks for the answer.
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Suirieko View Post
    I would say that Windurst is the worst for the cities, due to the incredibly dumb placement of the TEs. Two of them are extremely deep into the VT mobs area.
    But plenty of safe camps. I used the camp in front of the monk NM or the one at the bridge south of the RDM NM (only one salvager there). Bastok is the worst zone since everything links but in my camp (behinf the AH near the TE) I still do 300 coins due to ~10 pullable JA mobs.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Falseliberty
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    when i was talking about jeuno i was speaking of new NM's guess people callem neo mobs or w/e. very very hard to fight those with surrounding aggro VS the other zones. i simple fix here and there would make that place alot more friendly.

i guess it dont matter at all cuz the lvl cap goes up in a day or 2 and gear becomes irrelevant again? oh oh unless SE adds new NM again to old zones OMGZ o.O
    (0)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not really sure where all the hate for the Neo/Arch bosses is coming from. There are quite a few people in my LS who want Avesta Bangles, Oneiros Headgear, Oneiros Grip, Sagasinger, etc. A couple more people want Oneiros Helm/Knife for THF. Sure, your time to loot ratio isn't as large as Abyssea. However, even the items from the T1 Oneiros NM's still fetch a nice price on the AH due to rarity, so any LS that farms Arch bosses will get a decent payout for their run. All the non-rare/ex Oneiros stuff that people don't DKP in my LS goes straight to the bank. We've made millions farming Neo-Dynamis.
    (0)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast