Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: RDM Balance ...

Player
    For lower tier stuff yes but that was the case anyway... for higher level NMs you're still going to want to bring a Whm.

Rdm healing even with cure V will never be as strong as Whm as it is now.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    For lower tier stuff yes but that was the case anyway... for higher level NMs you're still going to want to bring a Whm.

Even WHM's MP efficiency is getting really good now.
    (0)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post

Was not is. Only in the most easy of fights now do RDM's and scholars really become solo healers and it should really remain that way, as it encourages more multi-job approaches, rather than just plop one healer/support into a party and ignore every other job on the list.

RDM and SCH are more than capable now to heal in low-man situations that don't require spike healing and the adjustments I offered in the previous thread should keep both jobs balanced out as the level cap rises to 99. Even if we don't use Cure V to the efficiency WHM has, we'd still bump them off the radar if we had ANY form of high spike healing. And I don't agree that RDM or SCH should have that capacity, given the fact that there are plenty of jobs available with hybrid capacities that could easily bump a bread-and butter DD off.

This way, in situations you have a WHM, you can have a more dedicated DD even in easier functions. And for situations in which you have more Hybrid jobs or less damage, the lesser healers such as RDM and SCH can have a place and be able to still do their own duties primarily.

For the healer role, and perhaps other roles as well, people need to stop looking at the absolute cap of what a job can do, and start looking more at what gets the job done. Because that is what really dictates 'invite rate' as flawed of a concept that is these days.

It's not so much what's best as much as what's overkill. And expanding the burst curing potential of RDM and SCH will narrow that area between 'to little' and 'overkill' which will promote job variance.
    (1)

Player
    I just really don't believe having a spike healing spell on Rdm is going to suddenly bump whm off the map when they have cureskin, emp+2 pants and body and afflatus solace over us still, and auspice. You're still going to bring a Whm for higher tier fights. I don't really care all that much about not getting Cure V, but at the same time the update feels very rushed and quite a few stuff that needs to be implemented is being skipped over because 'it won't be in time for the update'.
    (1)

Character
    Shadowviper
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The only reason I would want SCH with cure 5 is every role should have a decent fall back and really when you look at SCH it seems to be the job most suited for a fall back to WHM or BLM. RDM in its description really seems to be there to ADD to healing or nuking not to take over or a direct replacement if you can't find WHM or blm. Its interesting how no one complains about how if you can't find a blm for something and need a nuker the next best thing is SCH but no one wants to see SCH as the next best thing to a WHM.

I think part of the problem with so many people who want Cure 5 on RDM, is that they are used to the days of RDM mainly focused as a Healer mainly becasue if there was no WHM, RDM was clearly the next viable option. So alot of players only know RDM as a healer.

Again though this thread is about overall RDM and balancing the job as a whole not just the healing aspect of it.
    (1)
    Last edited by ShadowViper; 09-16-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Player
    Even in Tau the only time Rdm was really a main healer was some lowman events and bird parties, anything hard you still brought a whm, especially after /sch was introduced.
    (0)

Character
    Shadowviper
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    No way Neisan I have main healed Dark Ixion, Sandworm and plenty of other events as RDM. Ya whm may of been preferred but RDM was so close to performance it could easily fill the role without debating if it was worth doing. With SCH added, that should be the job people look to when they can't find a WHM.

As it stands right now RDM is mainly looked for as one thing, refresh whore, and thats because of the lack of our usefulness. Before the level increase it was 2 things Healer or refresh, yes its nice to be able to add more reliable enfeebs but I have never been asked to swap jobs cause we need specifically an enfeebler because WHM or BLM (later SCH/RDM) could fill that role.
    (1)
    Last edited by ShadowViper; 09-16-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Player
    Of course, I also believe Sch shouldn't have been added, but eh.
    (2)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Id be fine with one or the other, and/but with upcoming gear, with between 14% and 19% cure potency (added to the magian staff of 22% and auger gloves 4% putting us at 26%, at bare minimum if we get the lowest body and the cape, we are averaging 40% cure potency, with 10% cure cast time down even! and with that much potency, it isnt hard for us to tack on a few more potency, like getting the serpentes set (+1%) or auging some z-pumps (+3%) or the neck/hq from WOE (2%/3%) so even without cure V we will have curing options, though i do agree it would make us able to fill the role easier if it came to it, but like a lot of us, i dont wanna be forced into ONLY healing.
    (0)

Player
    I agree with not being forced into only healing but at the same time it can't be overlooked, and as it stands our current curing spell list being limited to 4 at best is not enough outside of outdated content/weak mobs. I know SE said they are looking into other options but they failed to implement anything for the upcoming update.
    (0)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast