Character
    Zeilakin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90

Magian Trial Items From Crafting

Imo a good way to boost the need for crafting, and money made by crafters would be to make trials require items that are crafted only as a main source.

an example would be the geodes, if the geodes had to be synthed first, there would have been plentiful material to craft with, and the finished product would have been valuable

of course geodes leaves you with basicly only goldsmithing, so it would be better to have new things

the problem is that high level crafters really cant make many things worth selling or having anymore, and nothing that is needed very often, every now and then you have something like shihei or arrows spike up and are worthwhile.. but for the most part they are all a waste of time. synergy is great and all but shouldnt be required to make anything decent.

blah blah blah /ramble
    (0)

Then surely it would become less about effort and more about spending money. The first few weeks, or even for a while depending on how difficult it is to obtain the mats, would be extortionately expensive.

I understand there's underlying problems with the crafting system. It isn't profitable, and that's unfortunate, but I dislike making it a requirement to upgrade weapons that are supposed to be about effort and reward, rather than just gil.
    (0)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 8
    I dont think the Synergy of the Trial weapons is such a bad idea. I wouldnt use the trial weapons as a way to make more gil with crafting however.

What I would like to see with the trial weapons and possibly a medium level of synergy is a way to add a specific look to the magian weapons. A specific look like a Demon Killer looking sword vs a lvl 50 Royal Knights blade. Even if the only thing it does is change the weapons look and not the stats that would be fine with me.

Could use it as a way to add a few random stat bonuses to the WoE weapons also No aftermath or anything but some small stat bonuses would be nice so that they arent so plain.

They plan on allowing synergy to upgrade the old junk to be a little better, I say let it upgrade the newer stuff also so that the old junk doesnt just come back to replace all the newer items all over again.
    (0)
    Fantasy: imagination, especially when extravagant and unrestrained.

Speaking of geodes, I tried searching (didnt try that hard) to see the uses of them. I just returned to game 2 weeks ago after 2+ years. The only thing i have heard in game, is that they are used for Magian Trials. Nothing more than that. How exactly are they used for the trials? I have been saving all the ones that I have gotten as drops, unsure how important they are for my trials, so I haven't tossed them.
    (0)
    Aishiteru

Character
    Marianka
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerlyn View Post
    Speaking of geodes, I tried searching (didnt try that hard) to see the uses of them. I just returned to game 2 weeks ago after 2+ years. The only thing i have heard in game, is that they are used for Magian Trials. Nothing more than that. How exactly are they used for the trials? I have been saving all the ones that I have gotten as drops, unsure how important they are for my trials, so I haven't tossed them.
    The geodes are used for the elemental weapon trials to get the +2 (level 90) version of the weapons. 15 Flame geodes for the fire path, 15 breeze geodes for the wind path etc
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    the geodes are also used in goldsmithing recipies (cap 51)

While i diss agree with the origional post, i do beleive it touched on some good points. The obviousness of crafting probles across the board. And the problems with these Magian items (as well as many others).

Theirs no real skill involved in getting any thing done anymore. Its jsut mindless repatition of the same thing 600 times over to get enough. And that can be said for a lot of things currently. That has got to stop or youll soon see a lot less ppl hanging around the game.
    (0)