Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Treasure hunter for corsair

We are pirates, we go for treasures, background wise it's ok, will it be good or not for corsair ?
    (0)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    They should have given us Bounty shot, but oh well. I highly doubt we can get TH, that's a thf thing.
    (0)

Bounty Shot would have made more sense for COR than RNG, in honesty. It would be a welcome addition if it, or a similar ability were added.

While we're sorta on the subject of COR's and treasures, shouldn't COR have some form of Wide Scan as a native ability, given they're based more on pirates, who are legendary for their treasure maps and reading sea charts?
    (0)

Character
    Bishopward
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    COR Lv 91
    SE really screwed Corsair out of a lot of things we should have but instead are RNG exclusive. A in Marksmanship being one of them.
    (0)

Player
    balance wise though, an A is marksmanship just leaves RNG with Bow. i dont think SE would want that. Widescan on another job would be welcomed, only 2 jobs have it now, 3 doesnt seem rediculous.

In terms of treasure, don't forget about THF's ability to pick locks. While i agree it fits very well into the THF persona we cant ignore it as a possible upgrade for COR. Bounty shot isnt a bad idea for COR, maybe you could somehow feed teh luck aspect into it as well.

Sort of play a roll game 1-11 with luckys and unluckys then your next QD would apply a TH in addition to its regular effect. you could have it on the same timer as Phantom Roll to balance it out or something.
    (0)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilzen View Post
    Bounty Shot would have made more sense for COR than RNG, in honesty. It would be a welcome addition if it, or a similar ability were added.

While we're sorta on the subject of COR's and treasures, shouldn't COR have some form of Wide Scan as a native ability, given they're based more on pirates, who are legendary for their treasure maps and reading sea charts?
    COR getting something like Treasure Hunter I at lv45 and TH2 at lv90 would have made sense.

And I agree with the Bounty Shot comment wholeheartedly - I'm actually quite surprised the lv87 RNG and COR JAs weren't switched. Bounty Shot does fit much better with the "luck" based idea of COR. And Triple Shot is horrid for COR since we're severely limited on ammo choices and nobody is going to want to be shooting 3x the Oberon's Bullets unless you're insanely rich AND have an ammo supply (highly unlikely).

What COR is actually spamming /ra using stuff like Triple Shot, all this new Snapshot gear, Rapid Shot from Navarch +1/+2 head?? It's simply ridiculous.
    (0)

No we need chest finder ability. I call it "X marks the spot". Kind of a Wide scan for coffers and chests. That would be so nicely piratey.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukichibi View Post
    We are pirates, we go for treasures, background wise it's ok, will it be good or not for corsair ?
    Makes sense in all honesty.
    (0)

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I didn't know bounty shot, i checked it, and i don't understand why ranger got this.
    (0)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidus View Post
    balance wise though, an A is marksmanship just leaves RNG with Bow.
    Bow, crossbow, better weapons, (empyrian excluded.) better gear, better melee weapons, and better ammo. Not to mention all the ranged attack abilities COR is missing. (Since velocity shot is unsubable, RNG will always be better at ranged attacks, even if COR had BETTER weapons/ammo/armor than RNG.) RNG'd be fine. No one's upset that different jobs share axes or daggers.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast