Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

BLU in Voidwatch

Altana forbid FFxiclopedia ever gets updated these days, but I'm more than a little tired showing up for Voidwatch and being asked to show up as BLU and being unable to do anything more than mash someone's potatoes (usually the NM) for simple fact that I don't know what BLU spells are on the proc list. Does anyone have the info available or is it as I fear and BLU spells aren't on it?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    FFXIclopedia is dead, go to the new site: http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    How is FFXI dead? looks like that site copy and pasted the whole wiki
    (1)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    FFXIclopedia is dead, go to the new site: http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/.
    While I thank you for the link, it still doesn't have the weaknesses listed.
    (1)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    For any new content, information like this is going to come from/get posted on BG wiki first.

Slycer has been compiling the list of weakness triggers and the rest of the information has been gathered from the people posting in the two Voidwatch threads:
    http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Voidwatch
    http://bit.ly/voidwatch
    (1)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Thank you Rearden... now that's what I call a useful link.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    How is FFXI dead? looks like that site copy and pasted the whole wiki
    The former owners and contributors of FFXIclopedia moved over to Gamerscape and have basically left FFXIclopedia to the few remaining users.

Quote Originally Posted by Rearden View Post
    For any new content, information like this is going to come from/get posted on BG wiki first.

Slycer has been compiling the list of weakness triggers and the rest of the information has been gathered from the people posting in the two Voidwatch threads:
    http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Voidwatch
    http://bit.ly/voidwatch
    Can't really be posted on Gamerescape as even when sourced some people on BG seems to throw a strop about it.
    (1)

Character
    Defiledsickness
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    its not very hard to proc as blu unless you're also tanking :P

if the hint is Fire just set all of your fire spells. i dont think we have over 7 of any element-type spell so its not that difficult. you dont really need DA, STP, AccBonus or any other JT as you typically wont be full-time meleeing the mob. honestly it'll take a while to get the entire list perfect and it's easier to try everything then to remember the procs found so far.
    (0)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    The former owners and contributors of FFXIclopedia moved over to Gamerscape and have basically left FFXIclopedia to the few remaining users.

Can't really be posted on Gamerescape as even when sourced some people on BG seems to throw a strop about it.
    We complain because things are ripped straight from the wiki as soon as they are posted, more often than not without citation and because of the incidents which took place a few years ago where the owners of Wikia asked for donations at BG, got a bunch of money, sold the website and kept said money.

This is also pretty irrelevant to the discussion.

I'll also offer to the OP and any other BLU's looking for procs that /DNC is a good sub for VW because you have good accuracy and can land steps as well as so far, most elemental spells are being found to proc and that list is being updated as we go along and confirm without a shadow of a doubt said ability/spell proc'd. (For example, Lowing has been confirmed as well as Blank Gaze)
    (1)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Okay so I finally got my first chance to play some Voidwatch today.

First off, I must say the event was completely unexciting and didn't draw me in at all.

Secondly, Blue Mage is a fucking nightmare for procing in VW. I completely agree with everyone who's said the 1 minute cooldown is a complete hinderance. I would end up removing spells, setting new ones, waiting for a minute and just as I would be able to cast it would be proc'd and I'd have to start all over again. By 50% health of the third pop I got tired of it and just focused on trying to get some damage data instead.

In regards to damage, I didn't get to do a whole lot but I found interesting results. This was T4 VW Voidwrought btw.

CA Cannonball w/ 700+ Defence did 71 damage. (....)
    LV85 Almace CDC did between 300-700 damage.
    LV90 Almace CDC (from a pimped PLD) did 500-900 damage.
    Quad. Cont did between 500-800 damage.
    CA QC did around 800-1000 damage.
    Managed to pull off a random EFCA Quad. Cont which broke 1600 damage. Posted in signature for POIDH reasons.

Shockingly, I actually managed to miss 2 QC's. Seriously, that never happens to me. -.-

All in all, from eye balling I don't think it was too terrible. I honestly didn't get to try too much because of the whole procing **** but when I focused on damage it wasn't anything dramatically less than anything else. The players in the party were some of the best geared and well experienced english speaking players on the Odin server (no really) and from eye balling I didnt see anything which made me feel completely outmatched in dealing damage.

Btw. I said eye balling. EYE-BALLING.

I'd love to do some more VW just for experience and testing purposes. Also managed to get a Stendu Ring for the work.
    (1)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast