Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Pootersmash
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    I don't think the issue is comparable to silence(not being able to cast), but more so spending more time casting instead of meleeing. the concern i think they have is when it does cast something like a T4/5 spell, or a -ja spell, the base casting time on those are around 8 seconds. If the mob has some native fastcast(most NMs), maybe 5 seconds casting time. With just rdm sabo+addle, that puts it up to 7.5 seconds. if nocturne did 20%, 8.5 seconds total.

Now every time the NM tries to cast those spells, that's an extra 3.5 seconds he cannot do anything. Now, I don't feel it's overpowering, but i can atleast see why they might be cautious. I feel the suggestion of allowing them to stack, but capping total at +50% is a good option.
    (1)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I personally don't see the point of implementing the song to BRD. There really isn't a song that can't be stacked with the magic-equivalent version, except for now. I personally would've rather had the Requiem update so the devs could've thought about PN a little more...

I would gladly give up PN for a Paralyze or Bind song.
    (1)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Major: Currently Pining Nocturne doesn't overwrite itself. I think this is an unique situation within the Bard Job and should be resolved. It makes it particularly annoying to try to refresh the spell on mobs and creates several other issues when used in conjunction with other Bard Job Abilities like Marcato, Soul Voice and Troubadour.
    No debuffs in the game that I know of save dia and bio will overwrite themselves.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    No debuffs in the game that I know of save dia and bio will overwrite themselves.
    Pretty sure elegy overwrites itself and dia/bio don't overwrite themselves as in casting bio on bio doesn't extend the duration. All you will see is the damage.
    (2)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    All BRD debuffs overwrite themselves with Nocturne being the one painful and relevant exception.
    (1)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    Can we just fire the dev. team and have people that actually play and understand this game develop it?
    Because it's obvious players are always entirely objective and are happy to admit when they're OP and need of serious nerfing when it's appropriate .. er .. wait.
    (3)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    All BRD debuffs overwrite themselves with Nocturne being the one painful and relevant exception.
    ^ This.
    I was talking from a BRD point of view of course, not about other jobs.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    After reading camate's post i understand WHY they won't it stack, if a mob is taking to long to cast you can bascialy beat it down aka zerg while it's trying to cast but then i ask.....why would you give brd the song in the 1st place, addle is quick and easy to cast, and now that whm has it there is pretty much now no you'll be without unless they are encouring BRD only healers,

which can be possible, but with there base MP pool which there is 0 without a Mp releated SJ, that isn't going to work very well, what was the plan exactly? i mean it's bad enough every single New NM is immune to silence, bind and gravity, are they trying to snuff out the enfeebling phase?

a week ago somone tried to sell me the scroll for 1.5 mil and i told him he was bascily nuts and i ended up spending 100 k on it 3 days later...thank god i was not that stupid..but now even the 100k didnt seem worth it.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Rajas ring is as outdated as Tamas ring at this point.
    -_-....

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yes, I completely forgot WHM got it at 93, that changes a lot of things imho. Takes more of RDM's uniqueness away to give it to a job that honestly didn't need a new enfeeble at all (WHM).

From this point of view only making Nocturne a different element (hence allowing you to stick it on mobs immune to fire) could give it a small amount of usefulness.
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Wolfandre
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    Basically, please make Pining Nocturne stack with a Whm/Rdm's Addle spell. !
    The fact that this was said, in this order, before the update, just made the RDM in me cry. Weep, actually. Weep painful tears of regret, and defeat. I feel as though I have been violated by the deviousness of WHMs and BLMs. Go ahead, take my Convert and my exclusive spells. I have Shield Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Yes, I completely forgot WHM got it at 93, that changes a lot of things imho. Takes more of RDM's uniqueness away to give it to a job that honestly didn't need a new enfeeble at all (WHM).
    Let's just give Addle, Gravity, and Hymnus to WARs and MNKs. Oh, and DRKs. There. Now those three jobs can stop /wrist and we can all move on to better jobs, like RNG and DNC. But it's ok, because the endgame just consists of a tank and a healer with 209557w947275 people watching the HP whittle, so who needs Addle? "W" was on accident, but left there for emphasis.

Oh, and SAMs need to DW GKs because that would make sense, and, in turn, make them badasses.

As you can see, I am bitter about this spell/effect; I feel your pain, BRDs. Hat tip to Camate for giving a reason for the inconsistancy, at least. Sorry to threadjack. ; ;
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast