Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    I don't think you'll ever see multiple Gain spells active since it'll likely mean WHMs can do Boosts, too. WHMs aren't exactly slouches one Enhancing magic these days, and I doubt SE would be keen on basically 20+ all stats for everyone outside of Abyssea.
    Further reason RDM needs Enhancing Skill upped, it's insulting to have to cap it to B+ while WHM just uses /SCH all the time.

PS. I know RDM can /SCH but it's not the point.
    (2)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Again maybe utilize Composure for part of that, maybe raise the cap of enhancing while under composure to A- or even...A+
    ?! Could be done via a trait, merit, or a piece of gear that "Enhances" composure rather than augments it. Though i would strongly rather see it in trait/native/merit form as to not tie me to a piece of gear.
    (2)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    Well, gear wise in that department I'd rather have something like "Augments Enhancing Magic." An litterally have it be that general.

And what it does is modify the equation for our enhancing spells up so that it takes less Enhancing Skill gear to gain more potency, or adds a flat amount of potency to all spells.

With Enspells, Temper, And Gain spells that'd transfer back into our melee performance in spades. And if it was more general to add potency to our spells, could work with Refresh and Haste as well for others.
    Interesting thought, would also mean we'd have more potent Protect and Shell spells as well? That would be pretty cool and would go along with that broken line of turning mere mortals into demi gods. Of course this would mean were better at something than another job and we all know how SE hates that idea when it comes to rdm.
    (1)

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    Again maybe utilize Composure for part of that, maybe raise the cap of enhancing while under composure to A- or even...A+
    ?! Could be done via a trait, merit, or a piece of gear that "Enhances" composure rather than augments it. Though i would strongly rather see it in trait/native/merit form as to not tie me to a piece of gear.
    I could see something like this as a possible merited ability.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    Definitely make Composure raise it to A status, or possible just a +20 (the difference between B+ and A+) to enhancing magic?

I'm all for making more things related to Enhancing Magic. It's one of the few area's that we really excel in (self buffs). I've said it before, SE could do SOOOO much with RDM by utilizing self-cast buffs that alter our stats and job performance.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Definitely make Composure raise it to A status, or possible just a +20 (the difference between B+ and A+) to enhancing magic?
    While I see no problem with White Mages using Light Arts to boost to B+ rank, I definitely agree that Red Mage should get a boost with Composure, since this would be another melee/buffing boost with Composure. I don't like the thought of it boosting up in ranks, but I do like a straight buff. Even more impressive then a straight buff (like +20 to +30) would be either a level adjusted buff (like +1 skill per two levels) or a gear multiplier (like 1.5x skill on gear and merits you have).

Composure is definitely something setup to boost melee (with the accuracy boost, and less time spend casting buffs) and enhancing (with the duration buff), so boosting Enhancing Magic with it just makes sense.
    (1)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I actually wouldn't mind if a T3 Composure merit upped all combat and magic skills by +5 per level, assuming they stick with the 5 levels per selection deal.

Anyway, the Enhancing skill "difference" between RDM and WHM doesn't bother me all that much. Rather, it's how we're tied to an entire gear set just to make some of our buffs stand out more, and solely in duration. I know I've argued against Haste II as a spell because it'd basically solidify the buffbot role, but I'm not against some kind of melee integration that'd somehow boost our current Haste spell. Some would assuredly whine the backline should be able to do it, but part of the melee dilemma is there's little incentive to do so.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    While I see no problem with White Mages using Light Arts to boost to B+ rank, I definitely agree that Red Mage should get a boost with Composure, since this would be another melee/buffing boost with Composure. I don't like the thought of it boosting up in ranks, but I do like a straight buff. Even more impressive then a straight buff (like +20 to +30) would be either a level adjusted buff (like +1 skill per two levels) or a gear multiplier (like 1.5x skill on gear and merits you have).

Composure is definitely something setup to boost melee (with the accuracy boost, and less time spend casting buffs) and enhancing (with the duration buff), so boosting Enhancing Magic with it just makes sense.
    I have an issue with it capping to the same level as RDM, as opposed to just raising WHM's stats.
    (1)

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's been a while so I thought i'd offer some thing new to discuss here.

What do you guys think of a piece of gear that would augment chainspell? Perhaps something that would increase the duration, super charge our refresh, or even cutt mp cost in half while casting? This idea my work better as a new merit category, but you would think after 99 level's maybe we could get a upgrade or some type of improvement. Since i went off topic a bit forgive me. Just didn't feel the need to start a new thread.
    (0)

10. 10-21-2011 11:51 PM

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8