Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Atg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thank you all for your advice guys, I'm still working on getting my gear.
    Oh and asking me to go dlevel my blm and then learn properly?
    I chose to learn properly by asking questions, I've been RDM this whole time remember? Guess what? they're similar. >.>

Once I get all gear ready, on WHM too, I'm gonna ask more questions. ;p

Thanks to everyone who's helped.
    (0)

Character
    Booface
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 60
    Hey Ahmed I'm not new to the game but new to BLM and the forums and I'm on the same page as you, Ill follow these guys advice. Dont listen to the older players putting you down though. I'll tell you how these guys work.

New players: Hey Can someone help me figure out how to party or level up or get gear?
    Older Elitist Player who talks shit all day: Yea, go join a book burn party and you'll go to 90 in no time.
    New Players: How do we do that?
    Older Elitist again: Come here and do this and thats all you can do because there is no partying in this game except for end game and book burns.
    New Players: Alrite thanks I appreciate it.

1 month later.

Older Elitist Player: what are you doing nooob? Why didn't you level your class right and learn to play it? Get out of here, in fact you suck.

So yea, never worry about it. They instruct you to book burn because the game is almost impossible to solo and then insult you for it later. Isn't your fault that Square Enix made the game multiplayer to support its single player playerbase and you should never be put off by it. Learn by doing.
    (0)

Player
    Learning how to play a class isn't hard. Especially not Blm.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Boofaceing View Post
    Hey Ahmed I'm not new to the game but new to BLM and the forums and I'm on the same page as you, Ill follow these guys advice. Dont listen to the older players putting you down though. I'll tell you how these guys work.

New players: Hey Can someone help me figure out how to party or level up or get gear?
    Older Elitist Player who talks shit all day: Yea, go join a book burn party and you'll go to 90 in no time.
    New Players: How do we do that?
    Older Elitist again: Come here and do this and thats all you can do because there is no partying in this game except for end game and book burns.
    New Players: Alrite thanks I appreciate it.

1 month later.

Older Elitist Player: what are you doing nooob? Why didn't you level your class right and learn to play it? Get out of here, in fact you suck.

So yea, never worry about it. They instruct you to book burn because the game is almost impossible to solo and then insult you for it later. Isn't your fault that Square Enix made the game multiplayer to support its single player playerbase and you should never be put off by it. Learn by doing.
    There were no parties around when I levelled BLM. I solo'd most of the way to 75. You now have the benefit of doubled exp, so soloing for new BLMs should only be half the grind it was for myself and others.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Assuming that you actually capped everything on RDM, you still have gimped dark magic and elemental magic, so until you cap those, it doesn't really matter what you wear, you're still gimped.
    To some extent, this poster is right. If your skills are super gimped, gear will only go so far. But I have good news for you in the short term (you'll skill it up over the course of play, so don't worry). There is a sub that magically makes all your skills less gimpy. It is called Scholar.

Sub Scholar, pop Dark Arts, instant skillup. Focus on your gear after this, the skill ups will come as you play more. This is even less of an issue if you had skills from Red Mage.
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    There were no parties around when I levelled BLM. I solo'd most of the way to 75. You now have the benefit of doubled exp, so soloing for new BLMs should only be half the grind it was for myself and others.
    Unfortunately, half the grind of ages past is still 10x slower than a good book burn.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    Unfortunately, half the grind of ages past is still 10x slower than a good book burn.
    Which is fine if you're happy to spend the next month only subbing SCH until you cap your skills. By the time your skills are capped by book burning/abysea leeching to 95, then skilling up, you could have not only solo'd your way to 95 while keeping your skills capped, but you'd know a lot more about your job.

I did the leech then skill up method for WAR, which was fine for me, but magic jobs I find much more of a pain to skill up (and certainly not as simple as: grab 10 mnk mobs, hit defender and retalliation, watch skills rise while occasionally hitting curing waltz).

I'm currently soloing BLU to 95 just by collecting spells, and using book pages where possible while I'm learning them. This is also possible on BLM, though obviously if you go for the pet route, you can't use pages.
    (0)

Character
    Morihei
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    BLM is a waste of time level PLD
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2