Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Much like SE won't let us do Light with any good spells to follow up CDC, I don't think SE wants to give us any WS to open Darkness with our best closing spells.
    (0)

Character
    Erecia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Some jobs are supposed to be better then others at things.
    Then why is no job created after RotZ the master of any weapon? All five newish jobs got hand-me-down weapons stolen from other jobs and they weren't even considered the best at them to boot. Do you remember when they introduced BLU and said their weapons were finely curved blades? Some sort of new weapon times, yes? oops lol we mean normal swords. But wait! CORs have these awesome, six-barreled hexaguns. Must be something new, right? lol theyre just normal guns and no they don't shoot six times lol.

Pretty lazy overall.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Pretty much yeah. SE just needs to remove SP / EX separations. They were used to make some jobs better then others (on paper) at certain weapons, it didn't work out too well though. Now they just need to do away with it, if you got the skill and can equip the weapon then so be it. Not like it'll break anything in the game.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Erecia View Post
    Do you remember when they introduced BLU and said their weapons were finely curved blades? Some sort of new weapon times, yes? oops lol we mean normal swords. But wait! CORs have these awesome, six-barreled hexaguns. Must be something new, right? lol theyre just normal guns and no they don't shoot six times lol.

Pretty lazy overall.
    Weapon sub-classes are a good idea and not lazy, in my mind. That means one less skill you have to level as a character. Also, in terms of in-game flavor, weapon sub-classes can be pretty cool.

Although if you want to impose a charge that SE was lazy, I would say that the point that should be suggested is that you can't get weapon skills for having a weapon of a weapon sub-class that you can't get otherwise.

For example, lets say that Corsairs using a Gun that is of the sub-class Hexagun, they should get a special weapon skill that is only available while using Hexaguns. Alternatively, Scimitar like swords and rapier type swords both get their own special weapon skill, and maybe even hammer type clubs would get a weapon skill that more basic clubs do not, and daggers would get a line between daggers and knives for weapon skills. Where the line would be drawn for this is beyond me, but there is the basic suggestion.
    (2)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Weapon sub-classes are a good idea and not lazy, in my mind. That means one less skill you have to level as a character. Also, in terms of in-game flavor, weapon sub-classes can be pretty cool.

Although if you want to impose a charge that SE was lazy, I would say that the point that should be suggested is that you can't get weapon skills for having a weapon of a weapon sub-class that you can't get otherwise.

For example, lets say that Corsairs using a Gun that is of the sub-class Hexagun, they should get a special weapon skill that is only available while using Hexaguns. Alternatively, Scimitar like swords and rapier type swords both get their own special weapon skill, and maybe even hammer type clubs would get a weapon skill that more basic clubs do not, and daggers would get a line between daggers and knives for weapon skills. Where the line would be drawn for this is beyond me, but there is the basic suggestion.
    Although I'm not entirely sure how this would work it does sound very interesting.
    (0)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandheer View Post
    Although I'm not entirely sure how this would work it does sound very interesting.
    Absolute worst case, SE would have to code each weapon that is in a category to have a hidden latent effect of giving a weapon skill, much like how Empyrean/Mythic/Relic weapons have weapon skills. Best case, they could code the weapon sub-classes into the game more.

I'm not even sure of the suggestion in terms of some weapons (like with clubs), but it could be a good idea with others, like Hexaguns having a powerful six shot weaponskill. As with any basic suggestion, it would need a lot of tweaking.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2