Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Aldiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

The last, great hope..

With the advent of more VoidWatch, we see more content that embraces Paladin tanking. That said, I for one believe that the job needs more attention than it receives.

Two weeks ago, 3 different PLD threads were at the top of the English charts the entire week, the following Monday SCH and THF posts were addressed which had either been completely absent or were floating at the bottom.

Can we please get some feedback on the many valuable ideas that were created by the people that love and make this game great? Who here in 2004 would have gotten much from sky if it hadn't been for this job? I digress....

Let's not recreate a dependence on PLD but let's honestly improve it to make it the best it can be:

If a stat like Defense isn't effective in reducing damage, then let's make a job trait for that

If every job gets a new spell then by God then let's have everybody get one

If we need a job ability with a low recast timer based on enmity generation then let's make one!

If you support PLD and want to see this job receive the attention it deserves then LIKE this post. Help us help everyone have a fun and safe endgame experience!

Love,

Your Gallant Defenders
    (24)
    Nihonjin ga daisuki desu hohoho! m(_ _)m

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You're going to have to yell louder. SE can't hear you over the Dark Knights at the moment...

Joking aside it really seems SE is quietly adding dynamics that require Paladins' ability to take a hit. Subtle things like the Vitality adjustment for instance. Looks liek that's the path they are going down.

Other than that, the other issue is that EVERY FRIGGING monster now has a hate reset move for every mood it's in... I hope the new ability helps with that...
    (3)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by AldielQuetz View Post
    With the advent of more VoidWatch, we see more content that embraces Paladin tanking. That said, I for one believe that the job needs more attention than it receives.

Two weeks ago, 3 different PLD threads were at the top of the English charts the entire week, the following Monday SCH and THF posts were addressed which had either been completely absent or were floating at the bottom.

Can we please get some feedback on the many valuable ideas that were created by the people that love and make this game great? Who here in 2004 would have gotten much from sky if it hadn't been for this job? I digress....

Let's not recreate a dependence on PLD but let's honestly improve it to make it the best it can be:

If a stat like Defense isn't effective in reducing damage, then let's make a job trait for that

If every job gets a new spell then by God then let's have everybody get one

If we need a job ability with a low recast timer based on enmity generation then let's make one!

If you support PLD and want to see this job receive the attention it deserves then LIKE this post. Help us help everyone have a fun and safe endgame experience!

Love,

Your Gallant Defenders
    I have a big problem with that statment I have bolded.... I've read these forms alot and 80% of what I saw in that time peiod (the time right before bully was adjusted for the final time) was thf's qqing about there new ja or qqing about the postion of thf in general... thats hardly what I'd call "completely absent or were floating at the bottom".

.......I know you pld's may feel your getting riped off for not geting a spell this update but least you did get somthing this update where other jobs (war, mnk) did not. (On another note just as frost joked about before dark knight's have been preaching about how bad there ja is... so you might want to appreciate that as you said your getting more content where you'll be needed and your new ja isn't in the crapper like there's is)

Im not saying pld has no problems...nor am I saying you shouldn't ask for more adjustments to make those problems go away. I'm just saying you may want to think before making blanket statments belittling other job's adjustments just so you can put your favorite job in a better light. Otherwize your just hurting your case because it's just showing that you don't care about game balance just your own job's increase in effectiveness.
    (1)
    Last edited by Darkwizardzin; 09-13-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Character
    Aldiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I did not make a blanket statement, I was trying to be brief but to clarify, THF threads were floating middle to bottom and there was no QQ about SCH at least on English forums.

Not sure why you posted really but I hope that clears it up.

What I am looking for is support for PLD getting fair treatment, especially about us being the only job not to get a spell. We didn't even pull enough weight to get a regurgitated BanishIII out of the mix. With the proper attention, PLD will be balanced and get the same benefits as other jobs each update. Help us out fellow adventurers!

Thank you so much!
    (0)

Character
    Aldiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    And I didn't belittle, I am trying to point out the lack of attention to certain threads that were obviously being read by the forums members, but did not receive the same attention by the development team. I was pointing out imbalance in response. All I want is fairness and balance in the game and in the developers' attention.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by AldielQuetz View Post
    And I didn't belittle, I am trying to point out the lack of attention to certain threads that were obviously being read by the forums members, but did not receive the same attention by the development team. I was pointing out imbalance in response. All I want is fairness and balance in the game and in the developers' attention.
    ....My point is that it's your opinion that that the developers' aren't paying attention to threads.

There is no way to really tell where the developers are paying attention... seeing as you have to take into account 2 things:

Overall game balance

JP forums and other non English forms

You can only base your "what Dev's are paying attention to" on only what is said here in the English threads and what the Dev's post that they are doing. You have no clue what people are saying in the JP and other non English threads.

on top of that you have to take into account the whole game's job balance. They are forced to try (as best as they are able) to make all jobs on an even playing field.

I don't think it's fair for you to claim that the Dev's aren't paying attention to what groups are saying... for all you know they are. Maybe there were more JP's who had the a bigger opinion in that case of the sch updates. Maybe because of job balance they had to let pld slide a little and not give them a spell this update or they thought it isn't time for them to get banish III (They have already stated before that they are on the fence on increasing pld's ability to do damage because they don't want a job to be able to do everything... so giving you banish III would counteract what they have said).

You can't claim something you don't know ie you can't claim that SE isn't paying attention to feedback... you don't know if they are or not because you can't see the big picture they can.

Based on how many times they have commented on each job (even going as far as answering general question for each and every job in this game to the player-base) they are listening on some level. If you personally think they should be paying attention to threads more that's your opinion don't state your opinion as if it's a fact because there is no way for you to know if it's true or not.
    (2)

Character
    Aldiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Troll much?
    (2)

Character
    Aldiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Stop derailing, this is a thread about supporting PLDs not about your critiques.
    (1)

I still don't see the problem with PLD.

So you aren't the top choice for killing Serket? Well, how do you expect to code a game to make it impossible to kill level 60 NMs without a specific job at level 90?

So you aren't the top job for Abyssea? Well, as long as WHM can keep a WAR alive, you won't be until you out-DD a WAR, which will never happen.

It seems to me like the only complaints PLDs have are that they aren't 100% obligatory for a party's success at EVERYTHING. I suggest you swap over to PUP or some other job that has it worse so that you can enjoy the bliss of PLD again.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    I still don't see the problem with PLD.

So you aren't the top choice for killing Serket? Well, how do you expect to code a game to make it impossible to kill level 60 NMs without a specific job at level 90?

So you aren't the top job for Abyssea? Well, as long as WHM can keep a WAR alive, you won't be until you out-DD a WAR, which will never happen.

It seems to me like the only complaints PLDs have are that they aren't 100% obligatory for a party's success at EVERYTHING. I suggest you swap over to PUP or some other job that has it worse so that you can enjoy the bliss of PLD again.
    Whenever Malamasala posts all that really comes of it is

"Well, someone else has more problems than you"

When that has nothing to do with anything
    (5)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast