Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

WSNM quest giver wont give WSNM before af1 completed and my weapons are 300+ skill

AF1 gear NPC givers and quested WS mix ups, please fix!
    We all know that with Abyssea, xp is as abundant as water. With this, I've been able to level jobs that before I never would have bothered with. After attaining the levels on said jobs, I go back thru and acquire the af1 or af2 that is still relevant for the job in todays Vanadiel of 90+. However, Ive run into a few snags and I'd like to point these out to the development team as I feel they are quite a hinderance in that they are forcing me to engage in content in which I may or may not wish to do (af1) just to get to the weapon skill quest given by the same NPC.

About two months ago, I leveled ninja and when I went to get the weapon skill quest from the NPC i was given the first of many af1 quests for that job and NPC. Now for ninja, absolutely none of the af1 is needed in today's 90+ so I'm pretty miffed about having to do them all just to flag the weapon skill quest, just to process weakness in Abyssea (and also for my own satisfaction of knowing I have all quested weapon skills). Yea the body af1 is ok, but theres much better options available to me (like the af3+2 body for starters). Now this is not like the af1 thf boots or anything remotely close.

Yesterday, I went to get the weapon skill for monk. Same thing, forced me to flag af1 monk weapon quest. Now some af1 gear is always going to be needed and I dont mind doing the monk because I will macro a few af1 pieces for chakra build, etc. But, I guess the problem for me most, besides content I may/may not need, yet forced to do in order to quest what I want to quest, is the face that I can't start on the weapon skill quest until after I've completed the majority of the af1 quests for that job.

I wouldn't say anything if all jobs where like this, but that's not the case. I believe when the weapons skill quests where made, people always needed or got the af1 before they qualified for the weapons skill quest. So, it made sense back when to use the same NPC for af1 and weapon skill quest for those jobs that have a monopoly on said weapon skills. However, today is different AND not every weapons skill quest is like this so in the interest of fairness I propose this being changed. I offer two simple solutions, and I am open to any decent suggests.

1. Like the BCNM orb NPC in Port Jueno and his long lost and now re-united brother, add another NPC right next to the af1 quest giver and have his purpose as strictly weapon skill quest. This way if the player meets the requirement, than they can flag that quest reguardless of af1 completion. This seems best because not all jobs have the same NPC for af1 and weapon skills.

2. Ok. Just have the NPC prioritize quests between af1 and weapon skill quests by allowing players to flag the weapon skill quest first (if they meet the requirements) and af1 second.

The way it stands now I can't flag the weapon skill quests without fully completing the af quests for those jobs. Thats two jobs I've mentioned, I'm not sure if there are others but I'm guessing when I get around to finishing Sam I'm going to be up the same river again. I've currently completed more than half the quested weapon skills but these last 2+ are just being a pain. <please assist> <thank you>

P.S. katana on 90 nin is skilled at 300+ and so is my mnk's h2h.
    (0)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll be happy to escalate your report to the developers for testing. However, they will need the following information for testing. While some information may seem unnecessary, it is needed to help reproduce the problem. Can you please fill out the template below? Thank you for understanding:

Thread Title:
    Short outline explaining what sort of issue you are experiencing.

Platform:
    Specify which platform was in use to play the game.("PlayStation2", Windows, and/or Xbox 360)

ISP:
    Name of ISP you use to connect to the Internet.

Type of Internet Connection:
    Specify the type of connection. (dial-up, DSL, CATV, Optic Fiber, Other)

Internet Connection Speed:
    Specify the speed of internet connection. (Example: 768Kbit/s, 5Mbit/s)

Date & Time:
    Date and time of when the issue occurred. Please be sure to state the time zone of your region. (Example: Pacific Time = PST/PDT)

Frequency:
    State how frequently the issue occurs. Please select from the following.
    1. Always
    2. Sometimes
    3. Once (did not reproduce)
    4. Unknown

Character Name:
    Which character did the issue occur with?

Race:
    Race of your character when the issue occurred.
    (Hume M, Hume F, ElvaanM, ElvaanF, TarutaruM, TarutaruF, Galka, Mithra)

World:
    World where the issue occurred.

Main Job:
    Main job and level of your character when the issue occurred.

Support Job:
    Support job of your character when the issue occurred.

Area and Coordinates:
    Area and map coordinates where the issue occurred.

Party or Solo:
    If you were solo when the issue occurred, please write "Solo". If you were in a party, please write "Party". With alliance, please write "Alliance."
    *If you wrote "Party" or "Alliance", please also include the number of members.

NPC Name:
    Name of NPC that your character was interacting with when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not interacting with any NPC, then please write "None".

Monster Name:
    Name of monster that your character was battling against when the issue occurred.
    *If you were not battling against any monster, then please write "None".

Steps:
    Detailed steps on how the issue occurred.
    *Please try to include the following details.

* What you were doing when the issue occurred. (Example: Battle, mission, quest, crafting, synthesis, etc.)
    * Please do your best to write using official terms for item names and skill/ability names. Please avoid any abbreviations or improper terms.
    * If you were using macro commands when the issue occurred, please include the details of the command.
    * In case the error message appeared when the issue occurred, please include what the message said.

*In case you cannot post all of the information in a single post due to character limitations, please make multiple posts.

SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    thank you, what im going to do this weekend is finish the current af1 weapon quest that i was forced to flag for mnk and then I will detail exactly everything that occurs (including exact skill level, sj, platform, etc, everything) when I make a second attempt at the asuran fists quest from the npc, thank you.

P.S. i spoke to a friend and he said as far as he knows im the only one experiencing this, up until the other day i thought this was the way the quests worked for npc's that share wsnm and af1, because of this occuring to me multiple times now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 09-11-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I know I have done the wsnm for archery, and I don't have a single piece of ranger AF. Starting npc for the ws and ranger AF weapon is the same.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Why are people so intend at skipping the AF quests? When I leveled MNK, I was actually more annoyed that I could start the Asuran Fists quest before completing the AF quests, due to PUP capping H2H skill already. Some of the backstory about jobs is quite interesting, so I wouldn't want to miss it, even if the reward is outdated. (Just toss it on a porter moogle or storage NPC.)

Honestly, a few hours away from Abyssea won't kill you. People are so obsessed with lvl90+ they forgot to actually play the game.
    (3)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    About two months ago, I leveled ninja and when I went to get the weapon skill quest from the NPC i was given the first of many af1 quests for that job and NPC. Now for ninja, absolutely none of the af1 is needed in today's 90+ so I'm pretty miffed about having to do them all just to flag the weapon skill quest, just to process weakness in Abyssea (and also for my own satisfaction of knowing I have all quested weapon skills). Yea the body af1 is ok, but theres much better options available to me (like the af3+2 body for starters). Now this is not like the af1 thf boots or anything remotely close.
    A little offtopic here but I'm going to seriously have to disagree with some of this. 1st off the original AF1 body is still the best TP body piece for NIN hands down. A full 5% reduced on both of your weapons is something the AF3 Body isn't going to give you. The AF3 Body is a pretty solid WS piece but using it for a TP piece it painfully silly.

The only other piece of AF1 I still use it only the mask and that's just for macroing it in for NIN debuffs like Kurayami, Hojo, Jubaku, you get the idea.

The feet I really don't need to describe unless you're maybe trolling I don't know. The legs and hands sadly are pretty much outdated. There are some sets out there that are not really good anymore but as the old saying goes, sometimes things can be situational and you need to not write off everything you have.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    P.S. i spoke to a friend and he said as far as he knows im the only one experiencing this, up until the other day i thought this was the way the quests worked for npc's that share wsnm and af1, because of this occuring to me multiple times now.
    In 99.999% of such cases, the error lies with 'the one' rather then the game.
    Seeing as you have yet to report back, I assume you found out the problem.

The most common mistakes would be
    * failing to talk to the NPC again after receiving the AF1 quest (which might or might not require zoning)
    * having another WS quest active

And more rarely
    * base skill level is just below required skill level (merits and gear might put you over the required skill level, but are not counted)
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Please, Ive spoken with these npc's more than once, rezoned, im wearing no gear except level one body i use to throw on when i job change or just to run thru town when i'm not fully geared, etc. No other wsnm quests are active, after completing the af quests i have been allowed to flag these wsnm quests w/o rezoning on my main.

I started having problems flagging wsnm on amaday after the 4th or 5th wsnm i broke the latent on and the weapon would not show the broken latent. I had to trade it to find out the latent broke after weeks of using it and not seeing the latent broke, equiping, unequiping, logging, nothing showed a broken latent. Now when I do ANY wsnm weapon the latent break does not show, period. It used to, now it does not. Also, as the op stated, I have been getting forced int doing af quests as well before flagging wsnm.

I'm upset because I have to do the af1 quest, its about choice, and fyi I spend alot of time outside abyssea and inside, but since there's hundreds of things on my to do list that are not those specific af1, then yes it's a problem when I don't want that particular af1 item. I'm there for the wsnm, and it's unfair that I have to do the af quest because of a bug or whatever I recieved a year ago when I broke my 4th or
    5th wsnm weapon.

As previously meantioned, some af1 is great, my af1+1 whm hands are one of the best casting hands i think in the game since I cap cure with other gear and don't need the haste from blessed or the -8 enimty form af3+2, or the refresh/cure pot from serpents while casting in my cure set.

In the future please refrain from thinking you know me or suggest that I don't appreciate the story from af, because I do. At the time I was in an abyssea party and would rather have broke my wsnm weapon latent while xping, rather than having to do the af quest after the party and then having to go back and break the weapon another time I would have preferd to have done it the day I was in that party and getting xp. Thats more time wasted breaking a weapon that I could have been helping a noob finish cop or doing something to further my list of goals inside or outside abyssea that I prefered.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 11-23-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    UPDATE 11/22/2011:

My mule, Refriedbrains, just tried to flag black halo wsnm quest and was forced to start the A Shantotto Ascension from the npc which gives the ki and latent weapon to start said quest. Needless to say, I can't flag the wsnm until I at the least complete this quest. At the time that I attempted to flag said quest, my mule was on whm/rdm with club skill 236 and 2 merits in club. Even without the merits I would be over the 230 required to flag wsnm for this quest. I'm not interested in doing ASA again, and especially not for a whm mule. I did the magian staff, got af3+1/2 for it and a few other gear that's rare/ex for it as well as skilling it up. At what point am I going to be allowed to flag both quests or be given an option here? My mule is on PC windows 7, while amaday is on xbox360.

PS: After completing two af quests for nin (capped skill at 389 with 7 merits) and 1 af for mnk, amaday now has both these wsnm completed.

As of today I have yet to finish the ASA quest that is hindering refriedbrain's progress, mostly because I havent finished skilling alchem to 10 on my mule. Will update when I do. It's on my list, as well as other things I need to do for my main and my mule.
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 11-23-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SNK View Post
    A little offtopic here but I'm going to seriously have to disagree with some of this. 1st off the original AF1 body is still the best TP body piece for NIN hands down. A full 5% reduced on both of your weapons is something the AF3 Body isn't going to give you. The AF3 Body is a pretty solid WS piece but using it for a TP piece it painfully silly.
    All af1 body does is let you hit a little faster, but with af3+2 4/5 and ocelot's, you notice the extra hits from the set bonus and the af3+2 body is far superior on damage per hit. Add to the fact that af3+2 body augments migawari, which is far more important than a slight increase in your attack speed, and you can see how while af1+1 body is nice, its not my personal choice.

So yeah, you tp in your af1+1 and when you get hit with an AOE Damage+DOT attack from that HNM your tanking and your non-augmented migawari doesn't save you and you die, I'll have enough life left from migawari/af3+2 body augment to recast utsusemi and survive the DOT/or the stray hit after the AOE and before I can recast utsusemi, long enough for the Whm to cure me to full. Because remember, that -5% on your delay is more important than augmenting migawari, better damage per hit, +5 critical hit rate, and the peice going towards the set bonus from af3+2. That's silly, right?
    (0)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 11-24-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast