Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Leviathen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    i am sorry 4 out of 99 if you did not catch my math mistake.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteKarma View Post
    Do you know how hard it is to craft without this option? regardless that you have stacks of clusters to 99.
    Part of this game involves balancing things for farmers as well as crafters. Having 144 crystals to a stack using clusters, is going to be pretty amazing as is. Clusters are stacking to 12, not 99.

I support reforming clusters, but I don't support additional suggestions to make them easier to store, short of some insane cluster bag that is further stackable.
    (0)
    Last edited by Economizer; 09-12-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: A comma apparently got into a fight with a (Rusty Tail Cutter).

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Clusters are hard to get now?

Besides, what is the point in holding extensive amounts of crystals? Sell your stacks when you get them and buy the stacks you want when you need them, in the amounts of what you need them for.

If AH doesn't have the crystals you want, go to sky and get some clusters yourself. Not that hard to solo them, even for melee SMNs.
    Seriously man, why are you so negative in EVERY damn post? Having lots of crystals to skill up crafting rocks.
    (1)
    Behemothx - Leviathan
    WAR - DNC - BLM - SMN - THF - WHM - SCH - BLU - RDM - BRD - BST - COR

Character
    Tedra
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The only real problem i see is with the explanation of reintegrating crystals. It's only because when you use a crystal, you make an animation where the crystal breaks apart. How do we put it back together again? glue?

(It's a rhetorical question, and not completely serious.)

I think clusters were originally introduced simply as a way to allow certain monsters e.g. elementals to drop large numbers of crystals with the limited size treasure pool. That said, It's a good idea, it doesn't hurt anything, it's only a matter of if the devs have time for it or not.
    Some type of magic of course.
    (0)

Character
    Leviathen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Part of this game involves balancing things for farmers as well as crafters. Having 144 crystals to a stack using clusters, is going to be pretty amazing as is. Clusters are stacking to 12, not 99.

I support reforming clusters, but I don't support additional suggestions to make them easier to store, short of some insane cluster bag that is further stackable.
    When you add that to the mix i see where you're coming from then how about a sold option? say... Mog house option allows 99 clusters, but AH would offer a stack as they are normal? it shouldn't unbalance it stock prices should remain the same collection of crystal sizes seems more feasible then before.

The only issue with this is that people would most likely abuse the AH prices by overpricing due to high amounts of product (crystals) and unlimited supply storage. leading to retarded amounts for a stack of crystals you probably could just end up farming. Hmm this is a toughy...

Or you might even get the Opposite effect due to high amounts of crystals stock prices will either drop from AH and we would probably be around 1-2k a stack (could only imagine if we go back to the old days where they were 800stack-500gil *drool*) i hate economics there's usually always a case where 50/50 chance =/

I like the 99 option for mog houses it seems more helpful to have unlimited supply storage for items on crafting so it does not interfere with storage that could be spent on gear. Mules should not be a must.
    (0)
    Last edited by InfiniteKarma; 09-13-2011 at 01:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    I think this is just a result of attempting to inject some realism.

In a fantasy world with monsters, it isn't exactly a stretch to assume some monsters would just follow you out of curiosity.

When I go to the park squirrels follow me. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    that's because you're nuts....

Character
    Divinius
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm not sure about making single crystals stack to 99... this idea has been mentioned in the past and (if I recall) SE was not interested in doing this for some reason. Might be the disjoint between clusters breaking to 12, and stacks being not 12, I don't know. I just recall it being brought up and rejected a few times in the past (and no, I have no sources to quote other than my own memory, sorry.)

As for reforming crystals into clusters, I would be all for that, now that they will be stackable. Something that could be done on-the-fly would be ideal (as in, out in the field, not requiring an NPC or some such). When out leveling jobs and such, having to toss crystals that I'm getting due to inventory space is kinda silly, knowing that I'm just going to have to buy some at the AH next time I want to craft. Being able to "squish" them back into stackable clusters would indeed be awesome.
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5