Character
    Chewzer
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Double-Up Recast

What's up with it?

I think it's long overdue that Double-Up's recast be lowered. 8 seconds is just ridiculous. Even after watching the animation to see what number we rolled, it's still about another 4-6 seconds of waiting before we can Double-Up again.

With the recent adjustment to rolling an 11, it's possible for a Corsair to keep up many more buffs on more people, and to keep lucky numbers/11s up constantly... but it's tough when we're spending most of our buffing time waiting for Double-Up.
    (2)

I think you're exaggerating. By the time you see what the roll has come to there's only ever 1-3 seconds on the timer. Also I believe they said somewhere they wouldn't shorten it, or they couldn't shorten it or something.
    (0)

Player
    I think their exact statement was "we won't shorten the recast because we don't want to make the animation look goofy" in a few more words.

Since I need to see which number pops up first and on rare occasions even think about whether to Double Up or not, the recast has never felt like a huge issue to me. I wouldn't mind it being shorter, but there are definitely bigger fish to club to death with that oar.
    (0)

Yeah, it's all about the "should I double up or not..." on an unluky 8... deciding after 30 seconds you're going to do it, rolling a 10, going "sweet", smacking snake eye, and then double up chance wearing off lol.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I sorta agree with the op on this. It's enough of a pain already to retreat back to the mages to give them their rolls, but rolling 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, snake eye, 1 on evokers is extremely time consuming, especially since I have to hold back when I'm doubling up. By "hold back" I mean I can't do another double up as soon as I see I've rolled yet another 1, I have to wait 2 seconds. The game should reward skill, not level the playing field between skilled players and players who can't add 1+1 in their head.
    (1)

Character
    Chewzer
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Apparently I'm somehow rolling a lot faster than you guys if you aren't annoyed by the constant wait between Double Ups.

Besides:
    The recast time for the corsair ability Double Up has been shortened from seven seconds to five.
    (0)

Nice to see they listen.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!