Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Aitos
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90

Probably Beating a Dead Horse...

I'm really getting pissed off with Besieged on 360. Once again, I made it to the very end of the fight, the words "enemy has retreated" actually appeared on screen, and the game once again froze, once again, I loose my 15k + IS.

What is being done about this? This is not a new issue, it's been going on for so many years; after countless updates to the game, no patches, not even word from SE saying, "yes, we know, yes we're working on it, expect an update, <insert date>". I would even take a, "yes we know, go f--- yourselves" at this point.

I'm running on the 360 elite, 120GB; this time, I even tried removing all on screen effects, and while it ran smoother, (and a lot more boring), it still didn't prevent it from freezing.

I could easily install this and play on my PC, which is more than capable of handling this game. That however is not the point; I paid for it on 360, I enjoy playing the game on 360, and I shouldn't have to sacrifice a game play element I really enjoy because SE can't get their act together and fix this issue.

The worst part about this is not only do we, the community, pay for the game, and every add-on SE releases, we also pay one of the most expensive monthly fees for an MMO on the market, (especially considering the age of the game).

This needs to change, we need answers, we need action, we are paying YOU Square-Enix, give us what we pay for! The 360 community has waited for far too long for this to be resolved.
    (3)

Greetings Aitos,
    The thread was moved from In-Game Bugs to Technical Support since your issue is regarding the game freezing. I apologize for any inconvenience that has been causing but hopefully it will be resolved soon enough!

GM Bublex
    (0)

Support Rep
    Aitos,

We can offer a few suggestions if you are experiencing any of the following:
    • Have difficulty connecting to or staying connected to the PlayOnline Viewer or FINAL FANTASY XI
    • Crash, receive a black screen error, or get stuck at the downloading data screen upon clicking your character handle or character select button
    • See your the lag meter turn red
    • Encounter increased lag or connection problems near crowed areas
    • Have trouble accessing specific zone(s)
    • Have trouble logging in with specific character(s)
    • Receive any of these errors: 3113, 3100, 4001, 1160

Suggestions:
    1. Check to make sure you have properly configured or turned off any of the following: Routers, Proxy Servers, NAT Servers, Internet Connection Sharing services.
    2. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC: TCP 1024 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535. Also, check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software/hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.
    3. If you are using a router, and have configured that router for port forwarding, temporarily bypass that router and connect directly to the modem.

Please take note of the following:
    • Proxy servers, and satellite connections are not supported and do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.
    • Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings. For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.
    • If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well. For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.
    (0)

Character
    Misfitwonder
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I used to experience this too when I ran the game on a 360. This problem is inherent in all 360s, whenever doing mass battles like Besieged/Campaign/etc. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. There are threads all over online discussing this problem and unfortunately, SE points the finger at Microsoft, while Microsoft points their finger at SE. It will forever be a mystery.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bublex View Post
    Greetings Aitos,
    The thread was moved from In-Game Bugs to Technical Support since your issue is regarding the game freezing. I apologize for any inconvenience that has been causing but hopefully it will be resolved soon enough!

GM Bublex
    Why couldn't you guys move the thread about North American players with JP accounts like this? Why did you just lock it and completely ignore the problem? You don't like your oldest customers anymore?

On Topic: I had this same problem on 3 different 360s. I also used them at enough different locations to say without a doubt that this problem is caused by the 360 version of the game, not the hardware (unless it is all 360 consoles) or the Network environment. Its part of the reason I never play on 360 any more.
    (0)

Character
    Feynman
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This should just be referred to as "The SE avoiding the issue excuse" This is the exact same response they give to all PS2 users who can't get their game to work properly. It's funny how my PS2 didn't work because of my connection but once I purchased a PC and plugged it in on the same connection everything worked fine.

Just from the way SE answers problems about the Xbox on here I'd say do not start playing this game on any console! SE obviously will not address issues on them at all. PC or nothing. That's the way SE wants it, which is strange considering the chose to release it on Xbox.

Ditch consoles if you want help from SE. But don't get too new of a computer or they won't help you there either. They don't support 64 bit machines. I've posted this a few times, I know, but the customer support just leaves me completely dumbfounded.

Also don't ask them for help too much. I ended up on some kind of blacklist for the Support Center as they would not return any emails. Was never rude to them at all. They talk to me again after I filed a BBB complaint against them. Still not helpful but they responded at least.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitos View Post
    I'm really getting pissed off with Besieged on 360. Once again, I made it to the very end of the fight, the words "enemy has retreated" actually appeared on screen, and the game once again froze, once again, I loose my 15k + IS.
    Okay, so my linkshell leader plays on the Xbox 360 and completely refuses to play on the PC (she likes a controller).

She is capable of not freezing up during a Besieged, but it takes some effort.

First, turn on as many chat filters as possible. I'm not sure why, but this seems to help.

Second, stay out of the more congested areas during a Besieged. This definitely seems to lower the rate of freezing.

Yes, SE should fix the issue, but since we don't have an actual timeline of a fix, this is probably the best we can do.
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I also have to deal with this. But I just know once it gets choppy or it nears the end, I high-tail my ass to a barren corner, stare at the wall and wait.
    (1)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Another issue our linkshell has is when doing a voidwatch run (3 pops a run), by the 3rd voidwatch pop - 90% of the 360 players randomly disconnect in the middle of the fight - usually causing some hassles. It doesn't happen every single time - however it is probably noteworthy to mention.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alderin View Post
    Another issue our linkshell has is when doing a voidwatch run (3 pops a run), by the 3rd voidwatch pop - 90% of the 360 players randomly disconnect in the middle of the fight - usually causing some hassles. It doesn't happen every single time - however it is probably noteworthy to mention.
    I've been seeing some of this with my LS 360 users also. There's a memory leak someone in the game code that's worse on 360 than it is PC, very noticable during long Abyssea runs where the game starts killing its own performance until you zone or log off.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast