Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Junix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 20

Calling all lonely adventurers

Hey all, as you can see I'm new to the forum and a returning player to Vana'diel. I'm playing on Asura and as far as I can see (as has been posted before) this game is rather hard to become social when you're new. Therefor I would like to try and connect with some of you in game via the forums. I'm really just in need of some friends, so please i invite you to /tell me anytime in game, and or post here. I will be getting back to all who post here. My timezone i EST and I'm on at all different hours. The name is Junix and i hope this post can help connect some of us new or returning players on Asura.
    (0)

Character
    Liedilzhen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hey, At this point though I'm considering makeing my own LS... I'm into the whole social thing but if you want a freind to shoot the breeze with or need some help (when im not doing something) Drop me a line @ Liedilzhen (i'm also EST)
    (0)

Character
    Fiyaro
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We have a small but good ls. Our core 5 members have been together for a couple yrs now. We are most social than event but we are always open for suggestions if there is anything you want/need to do. If there is a nm that needs taking down, most likely there will be someone to help you, if not at that moment then at some point in the near future. Send me a /t ingame and I will slide u a pearl if youd like one.... Michae
    (0)
    Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, you would cry your eyes out if you didn't.

Character
    Braidyn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 18
    /tell Braidyn. I am on Asura. I am looking for people to party with.

From what I have been seeing, there are a lot of people complaining that the game isn't what it used to be blah blah and that you can level quickly and so forth and that the game has gotten easy. Yes, the levels have increased in speed but I don't think that the game is easy. There are plenty of people out there that want to help. In 15 minutes on playing my new character, I was handed a linkpearl and already I have made a few new in game friends. What we need to do is get the word out that this game is still newb friendly and that there is still a chance for people to do low level stuff if others would join in. I would. I am a level 4 RDM. That's it. I have been playing for only 2 days now since I returned from my 2 day hiatus.
    (0)

Character
    Rewyen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by jm47048 View Post
    Yes, the levels have increased in speed but I don't think that the game is easy.
    ....eh, sort of. Most battlefield level restrictions are gone, including CoP. Sure, they added tougher mobs to areas like the Prommy's, but if you go in at level 99, you stay level 99 instead of 30, making it almost a joke. It's still a fairly tough climb up the ranks. Sure, you can speed level, but that only means you'll be horribly gimped in the skills department. GoV areas are pretty much the only real danger zones for all levels as they added mobs that can aggro a 90+ player. I wouldn't so much say the game has gotten easy, I would say its gotten lazy. Two years ago, we were fighting for spots in the dunes, people standing there ripping their hair out with their flags up for three hours and no invites, only to finally get one and have it disband ten minutes later because the WHM had to go eat. Back then, the notion of a PLD subbing anything other than WAR was ridiculous and laughable. Now there are players in 50+ parties with no subjobs, and pretty much everyone and their mother sub DNC. You hop into a GoV party and pop out whenever you want. Don't even have to say anything because your spot will be filled in a matter of seconds anyway. All the game has lost is the original banding together of like minded people struggling together to reach new heights. Now everyone is just sucking mass amounts of EXP to reach 99 and complain about nothing left to do. Which is why we need to bring back some of the glory days and teach new players and assist them so this experience doesn't become boring or repetitive in a matter of days, because sadly, if you can get assistance with the first four level caps, you can actually get a job from 1 to 99 in less than a week.
    (0)
    I do not apologize for my sarcasm, I just ask that you have a damn sense of humor. I'm the comic relief, dammit!

Character
    Zikon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Michae View Post
    We have a small but good ls. Our core 5 members have been together for a couple yrs now. We are most social than event but we are always open for suggestions if there is anything you want/need to do. If there is a nm that needs taking down, most likely there will be someone to help you, if not at that moment then at some point in the near future. Send me a /t ingame and I will slide u a pearl if youd like one.... Michae
    Would this be Start Button linkshell?
    If so I just referred Jm47048 to you as well. Probably should pick up all of these newer players that are popping up on asura like hotcakes.

Seems like someone is getting the word around fast that asura has a good new player atmosphere.
    (0)

Character
    Gambino
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 5
    Hey I just started on Ragnarok, been playing for a week now and I can't even get someone to talk to me, let alone get into a LS =/ Screw it! i'm rerollin on Asura lol Look me up, char name is Rheme =)
    (0)

Character
    Glaxen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 22
    I'm on Bismarck, but probably going to stay, although all these new people running over to Asura is quite tempting. I don't want to give up on Bismarck just yet though.

I just started a couple days ago. I ended up hitting 11 the first day, and 21 the next with my first gusgen party. I then started feeling extremely guilty not having a subjob... I was able to get a skull while partying and managed to solo the crab apron. But Damselflies were a pain! I had shouted for help numerous times, but nobody was helping. I was like, if this is what getting the subjob items are gonna be like, I can imagine the genkais. But luckily a level 99 THF offered to help me, and we got him after (I think) 3 Damselflies.

My biggest question is when to buy gear? Usually before you head to a new leveling area like Qufim, or even the dunes for that matter, you always geared up. But now that it goes so fast... What do you use? I couldn't even keep up with my spells, I had to go buy some after the party.
    (0)

Character
    Rewyen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 70
    That's the downside of book burns. It's common to see people in the Crawlers Nest 50+ still wearing Beetle Armor. In that scenario, I would suggest you (if you're a mage, buy spells 10 levels in advance if you can afford to) stick with what you have. Kills will be quick and so will the levels. No sense in wasting money on super gear and being left with nothing. Maybe upgrade weapons if you're a DD, but I've seen people wearing event costumes in these parties. As long as you don't leech exp, no one really cares.
    (0)
    I do not apologize for my sarcasm, I just ask that you have a damn sense of humor. I'm the comic relief, dammit!

Character
    Chilperic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I would like to find a party on here, I'm located on Bismarck. Just came back after some inactivity back in September. As of now, I have no idea on what to do first lol.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast