Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kanaa
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95

Remodel Of Character

I think the option of recreating a character's look should be possible, whether it can done once or multiple times would be much appreciated. Most of us that play this game have a lot accomplished and don't want to lose items, key items, missions/titles, rare/aug armor & weapons that can not be traded, over a simple remodel a of character. Games such as phantasy star universe allow you to change after being created, I don't understand after 8 years why FFXI doesn't have this option.
    (2)
    Last edited by KanaaLuv; 09-10-2011 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Because some people state the obvious

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by KanaaLuv View Post
    I think the option of recreating a character's look and/or race should be possible, whether it can done once or multiple times would be much appreciated.
    it can done once.. on character creation...

Hair changes, sure... but gender gets confusing, and race is purely for min-max reasons.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Kanaa
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    it can done once.. on character creation...

Hair changes, sure... but gender gets confusing, and race is purely for min-max reasons.
    I know it can be once that's pretty obvious and not needed to be said. Furthermore I said and/or race. Read the rest of the post and not pick out 1 sentence to reply with.
    (0)

I'd like the idea of being able to change hairstyles (we really need more of those), but changing your appearance makes absolutely no sense from a game perspective. Last I checked, Vana'diel was rather short on plastic surgeons.

A barber NPC is something I would definitely support though, along with multiple extra hairstyles for each race. There's so little customisation in the game as it is.
    (5)

Character
    Terramundii
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    It could be that sufficiently high level Brown Mages could step in for plastic surgeons, wielding their endodermic powers to affect the epidermis. It'd be essentially the same as ignoring what mascara is made out of, really.

Don't you get a title for using the brown magic service 100 times or something? That would make a good prerequisite.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jeez; 09-12-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I know it can be once that's pretty obvious and not needed to be said. Furthermore I said and/or race. Read the rest of the post and not pick out 1 sentence to reply with.
    Rest of the post was irrelevant. You want to change from face 1A to 4B, sure. Go for it. That's pretty much a different hair style, perhaps with some tattoos thrown in the mix. But race/gender, no. Just no.
    (0)

Character
    Kanaa
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Rest of the post was irrelevant. You want to change from face 1A to 4B, sure. Go for it. That's pretty much a different hair style, perhaps with some tattoos thrown in the mix. But race/gender, no. Just no.
    Once again I said and/or and I never said anything about gender. Post has been edited because I don't have time for arguments on my idea. You've said what you had to say and so did I, done.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Once again I said and/or and I never said anything about gender. Post has been edited because I don't have time for arguments on my idea. You've said what you had to say and so did I, done.
    Female galka? Male mithra? You might not have mentioned gender, but it's implied when you mention race changes.
    (0)

Character
    Komori
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Do you have some mental thing going on that doesn't allow you to drop a subject? Never understood why race changes would break the game; ecspecially with abyssea. It's more than easy enough to just make a new character as that race and raise it to cap and re-collect gear in about a few weeks to a month or so. But people get attached to their specific character and I can understand that.

But I'm someone who it took 5 years to get to level cap because I simply kept getting tired of certain models and restarting (guess it's the female need to look pretty?)
    (1)

Character
    Kanaa
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Komori View Post
    Do you have some mental thing going on that doesn't allow you to drop a subject? Never understood why race changes would break the game; ecspecially with abyssea. It's more than easy enough to just make a new character as that race and raise it to cap and re-collect gear in about a few weeks to a month or so. But people get attached to their specific character and I can understand that.

But I'm someone who it took 5 years to get to level cap because I simply kept getting tired of certain models and restarting (guess it's the female need to look pretty?)
    I don't think changing your look would break the game either, and your right people get attached. Far as the gender thing goes, who can really tell who is who on FFXI. I just thought it would be cool to talk to a npc or moogle and change your face. Yes it's easy to start over but after doing so much inside and outside abyssea, no thanks on starting over. I actually got the idea from reading DRG forums even though I don't have the job myself. They asked if it would be possible to change the wyvern color and SE basically said no because of new color schemes textures etc. However to face change that stuff is already in the game. I know cosmetic changes aren't that important battle wise, however it's just something that gives a little more customization to the game.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast